Meet up before 100 club

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Does anybody fancy having a bit of a meet up and a drink before the 100 on saturday?? I dont think there is any event on, though it wouldnt be the first time I got that wrong ;-)

I would suggest a beer in the 'Spice of Life' on Charing Cross Road (Cambridge Circus). Its not too busy on a saturday night, as it gets used as a pre theatre drink type of pub. When it closes it is just a few minutes walk to the coffee bars in Soho, and then a 5 minute walk to the 100 club.

We could meet at about 9.30 onwards.

I see there is a minibus coming down from Manchester. It could be a good chance to meet fellow Soul Source'ers, and put a few faces to names.

What do you guys think?? Is it a plan?

If we get enough I could provide my mobile number so if anyone doesnt know where the pub is and cant find it, they could call me and get directions.

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Chris Waterman

Mickey

Thats sounds like a good idea can you email of list details and moblie No and I will sort our lot out

Cheers

Chris W

Social source share

its a plan!! the train should get us back from the match at about 8 so I'll be around from then onwards - usual performances dictates that I'll need a few beers?

should be a decent weekend all round in landaan - TOS tomorrow, Hidden Secrets fri, 100 Club and the all dayer on sunday.

cheers Scotty

ps not trying to piss on your party but Point 101's not bad either - often got somebody playing soulful and funky tunes (and its got a late bar).

However, a there's a good dim sum joint near Spice of Life though.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I used to DJ at Point 101, the sound system sucks and the beer is very expensive:-(

What's hidden Secrets?

Butch is DJing with Keb at Jo Jo's on Friday as well.

Social source share

Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sorting out the Wayne Gibson and Dobie Grey 45's for Saturdays main spot at The 100 Club and saw this item, seems like a few are making their way down to that there London by all means possible, sorry to Ady in advance for the original coach trip idea falling apart so i'll pay you Ady ok...lol

Should be a few of us coming down by train, mini bus, push bikes etc.

email me bicknellmark@aol.com or telephone 0161 330 6267 and let me know where you are all meeting up.

Looking forward to it more than you know......

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Just sorted it out with Chris at NCSoul which now means me and the other half, Kate, will be entering those famous doors of the 100 club for the very first time!

Big thanks to Chris. Looking forward to meeting a few people down there too.

Shane

Social source share

Mikey, mikey, mikey

How could you forget good old BoogalooSoul's Motown night on Saturday. Details are posted on the events calendar. If I don't see you before I'll definitely see you in the 100. How'd the weekend go? Hope celebratory drinks are in order? See ya.

Warren

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Mikey, mikey, mikey

How could you forget good old BoogalooSoul's Motown night on Saturday. Details are posted on the events calendar. If I don't see you before I'll definitely see you in the 100. How'd the weekend go? Hope celebratory drinks are in order? See ya.

Warren

Warren

How could I forget?? (woo woo, woo)

My brother is bringing his wife out to the Spice, so I am going to have to meet them.

Dont know how many are going to make it to the Spice, but it should be a decent crowd. Might even get Andy BB along, as he is so heartbroken about Valatone ;-)

Mikey

Social source share

I used to DJ at Point 101, the sound system sucks and the beer is very expensive:-(

What's hidden Secrets?

Butch is DJing with Keb at Jo Jo's on Friday as well.

everythings expensive compared to Bass at £1.35 a pint in the miners welfare in Shirebrook.

Hidden Secrets - apparently there's a head-nodding extravaganza over at the Smersh bar (xover, beaters, mid-tempo etc)

cheers Scotty

Social source share

Right when we arrive we'll do everyone of the above bars,then Ady can refuse me entry for being a foul drunken "Northerner"

Brett

Following a spate of drunken dance-offs and others not completing their spins with grace, the door personnel have constructed a new entry requirement ... Upon making it down the first flight of stairs without hanging on to the banister for dear life, you have to repeat one of the following loudly and clearly

- "Thirty feathered feathers on a feathered thrush's throat"

- "Mony a mickle maks a muckle"

- "Oer yw eira ar Eryri"

- "T¡ sic­n ina seasamh sna sneachta l¡ siocha"

Funny-Above.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

- "Thirty feathered feathers on a feathered thrush's throat"

- "Mony a mickle maks a muckle"

-  "Oer yw eira ar Eryri" 

-  "T¡ sic­n ina seasamh sna sneachta l¡ siocha"

That sounds like one of the more sensible conversations in the coffee bar the following morning!!

Social source share

no valatone this saturday?

Sorry Mick.....

Couldn't get the venue for August..... next one's before the 100 club in October and the last one for the year is the Xmas doo on 2nd December

(Just couldn't get the dates I wanted this year)

All the best

Johnny

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I am having a half day, so I just wanted to remind anyone who is interested in meeting up.

See you there saturday night

Mikey.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Half day? Bloody civil servants. No wonder this country's going to Hell in a handcart*!

*(Copyright Richard Littlejohn 1999,200,2001,2002,2003,2004)

Social source share

Ok i am setting off in a short time,sheffield to manchester via some extreme village to pick an unruly gentleman by the name of Rimmer,then into the capital of England .

Look forward to any fellow Sources we meet before hand, you'll recognise me as the terribly awkward fellow, bald and wearing glasses,i am partial to expensive imported beers, so please feel free to welcome me warmly.

Brett

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!