Del-Larks On Ebay

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TrimmTrab

The sound quality on the boots was quite poor and if I remember correctly, they were all pressed slightly 'off-centre' too. The seller must have known that it was a boot.

I was asking this on EMS a few weeks back. My copy I've had for 25 / 26 years on a sky blue Queen City (I presume its a boot of some sort), plays fine, even the label scan looks pretty good. Dont remember ever buying it so must have swapped it for something.

Is the Ebay one a boot cos it looks awful.

Not too up on what these 60s records go for (boots or otherwise)

Social source share

The sound quality on the boots was quite poor and if I remember correctly, they were all pressed slightly 'off-centre' too. The seller must have known that it was a boot.

Both the Del Larks bootlegs, the plain one and the blue and white one, are in fine sound quality and not pressed off centre!

Social source share

Yep, I asked the same question, is this a boot and the reply was i don't know, which is very unlikely. Guess he was hoping that some poor sod would bid up and over the £100 mark, which they did.

I hope they know what they are getting. For sure an org, would be considerably more !!, but shame on him for the lack of description and playing games with it !!

Social source share

Both the Del Larks bootlegs, the plain one and the blue and white one, are in fine sound quality and not pressed off centre!

Agreed Pete, in fact, I was under the impression theat the boot - in particular the blue Queen City - had an improved sound quality to the original.

I'm almost certain Tim Brown references the fact in his latest book.

And as Ted says even the blue Queen City boot isnt overly common

Greg.

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

beieve me guys, some sellers get up to allkinds of tricks....................correct the orig is bellsound stamped and blue silver, and a copy would look just delicous on my deck. anyone got a copy the duck on west coast issue for sale! mint or label tear, not fussed

Social source share

side by side its nothing like what its supposed to be the colours are wrong .aint it supposed to have more silver in it as opposed to just blue and white ?

only a month or two ago i seen a bloke at a so called credible nighter playing that same del larks boot , around the northwest its just a big joke now it realy is that bad ,

Social source share

Guest Perception

The seller must have known that it was a boot.

I complained when a well known seller sold me a bootleg, he said "It Was That Long Ago, Does It Really Matter"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Social source share

Certainly not condoning the selling of boot or even re-issues and passing em off as original but on the same token....

Anyone who actually thinks they are getting a "real mccoy " copy of the Del-larks for £102 from a UK seller with 15 bids from 9 different bidders on it has to be a dreamer :thumbsup:

Maybe if you went to the Usa and did some crate digging and found it yes but come on .....this is just another case of "one born every minute"!

Or " if it looks too good to be true...it is ":unsure:

Edited by NEV
Social source share

For sure some boots are going for a good price these days, not sure why , but they are and in this case a Del larks would be considerably more than £102 !,so its up to the buyer. But the point is, and this is a recent change on ebay, is the number of sellers not declaring the fact. The del larks is easy to detect to educated eye, (colours) but some boots are less so, Garry Haines being one.

Social source share

I've now seen Yum Yums, Del Larks and Eddie Parker pressings go for over £100 each, so if anyone wants a real bargain, they can have all 3 off me for £250, you know it's worth it :rolleyes:

p.s. I will throw in John & The Weirdest for £40

Social source share

Constantly amazing the prices of the second issues / boots however you want to tag them.

Ebay is flooded with sellers offering poor quality Motown lookalikes eg Barbara McNair , Kim Westons and many others. Un named seller has been reported to Ebay and respective record company with regard to copyright - all to no avail....

Now there seems to be cdr bootlegs surfacing on the bay with regard to Motown unreleased projects....rolleyes.gif

Social source share

I've now seen Yum Yums, Del Larks and Eddie Parker pressings go for over £100 each, so if anyone wants a real bargain, they can have all 3 off me for £250, you know it's worth it :rolleyes:

p.s. I will throw in John & The Weirdest for £40

Pete ... stick em on ebay ...you'll probs get more for em wink.gif

The secret is to be evasive with the truth ...but never to lie :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert