Record Collectors In London Needed For Research Project

Guest Popsmargree

Guest Popsmargree

Hi everyone

First of all, if this is the wrong place for this topic, I apologise!

I'm an Information Science research student at City University London, and I'm looking for one or two record collectors to interview for a project I'm doing as part of a Masters course (an MSc in Information Science).

The project involves in-depth interviews about why people collect music, how they find out about what's available and the value, how they organise their collections, and their attitudes towards digital technology. This may seem like a strange topic for an academic project, but it is genuine! I'm happy to provide more info / proof if necessary.

I'm on a limited budget, so I'm really keen to focus on people based in London and the South East (sorry - I know there are loads of collectors in the north and west!)

I have interviewed a couple of rock collectors, but I'm really keen to speak to people who collect more soulful music.

The interviews would probably take place in June or July 2011, and I wouldn't use your full names or personal details in the project.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in taking part in, please drop me a message. If you're interested, but have concerns about who I am and what I'm doing, please drop me a message and I'll do my best to convince you!

Thanks - please get in touch!

Paul (Popsmargree)

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Paul

I live in Luton, Bedfordshire, and have collected, and still collect, for over 40 years, you're well come to have a dekko at collection and have a chat about the ''addiction'' which is what collecting ''Soul'' effectivley is, dont care who disagrees with me, but the buzz at finding a sound you've been after for years/weeks, whatever, beats everything else into a cock hat :D .

Dont know how 'getting in touch' is going to work but feel free top contact me if you feel I have something to offer, I a very broad taste in music, have Starship, Hendrix, Max Romeo, Skatalites, Kings of leon etc etc, to me music is music, if you like it buy it, BUT my primary love IS soul music....last records I bought, last week, were the Record

Store day EP, and Bo Dollar and the Coins - Soul Serenade (an old wheel sound) and Melvin Davis - Faith, last album was a 180 gram Audiophile LP Selling England by the Pound - Genesis (sounds so much better than the original pressing)

Edited by DanDare
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!