Swamp Dogg & Fungus Label

Hi everybody,

as I'm getting more and more into Swamp Dogg's productions, I was wondering if any of you could share some info on the Fungus Label. A complete discography would be much appreciated. I know that at least 3 lps were released on the label: Moonwolf, Charlie Whitehead, Irma Thomas, all produced by S D.

Was anything else released apart from these?

Also, any tip on other Swamp Dogg's production would be much appreciated. I'm already familiar with the Doris Duke lps on Canyon.

Thanx,

g

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Off the top of my head, a few must haves if you like Jerry Williams / SD. Sandra Wright - Too Many People In One Bed LP on Canyon. Everything by Bette Williams on Gregar, Raw Spitt 45 - Song To Sing on UA, Raw Spitt LP on Canyon, Freddie North 45 - Did I Come Back Too Soon on Mankind and SD LP - Cuffed, Collared & Tagged LP on Cream with the epic "In My Resume", Cheers, Ady

Social source share

I do believe the man himself posts on the Southern Soul Group over on Yahoo under the moniker Raw Spitt (I think!) where there should be plenty of info to wade through . Have never seen a full discography of Fungus myself. Irma Thomas / Wolfmoon / Charlie Whitehead as you mention other than that I don't know any others.

A link HERE! to a rather exhaustive web page with plenty of info. Hope this helps!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...The various artists 'Blame It On The Dogg' CD that I did for Kent a couple of years ago should give you a good jumping-off point from which to search for obscure singles.

Has some unissued's on it, too!

Social source share

Thanx for the info. Yes Ady, the Freddie North stuff on Mankind is great, will have to check out on a few titles I haven't got.

Agree on the Sandra Phillips lp on Canyon as well.

Thanx for the tip Tony, will check it out, though I am mostly interested in the lps SD produced.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

I'm a massive fan of the mans work as a perfomer and producer. His LP Total Desruction To Your Mind is just an amazing piece of work, with tracks like Synthetic World and I Was Born Blue, are as, or more relevant now than on its release on 1970 (think it was).

As Ady mentioned My Resume, on a more slightly lighter note Knowing I'm Pleasing Me And You is a personal favourite of mine.

I would recommend the all the Swamp Dogg stuff Kent have released. If you don't like any of them, i'll take them off your hands as doubles :hatsoff2:

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert