Champions League Final And Soul Night Affected

Saturday 28th May...

Champions league final.... Barcelona V some other team from Trafford :boxing:

Promoters of events on that night must take this into account i guess, half the country will be watching and not looking at anything else till its over i guess..

Chris talked about showing it in the bar at Radcliffe all niter...

Any other promoters give it some thought, this game will keep away many many folk early doors...

This aint just for soul events round Manchester, the game will have huge viewing around the country too ( cue the joke" all Utd fans live down south )...

Will some promoters not take this into account at all and just carry on as normal... Your views please/ punters/ promoters???

I know quite a few folk who have had to change plans with Utd in the final.... Djs, promoters and punters... It aint just another game, its one of the biggest games you could ever think of..

If this is bettter in the sports section then please move but its about something that could/ will have a massive affect on soul nights..

Any big Utd fans booked to dj while the game is on ph34r.gif and your plans to tune in?? change slots etc..

I have seen the affect of the footie at Cleethorpes weekender when its the world cup and big games, i know we all aint into the footie but many many folk are...

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think you woul let us all know Ady if the mighty LCFC got a sniff of a champs league final.. laugh.gif

I was once at a wedding when the main room was just about empty and everyone was in the back room watching a massive world cup game, the bride was in tears as she and her mother along with a few others were doing the birdie dance alone :boxing: ..

Who would want to be a promoter on a night like this??? :P

Soul events listed in events.. Have all promoters took this game into account ???

Charity Soul Nite 28 / 5 / 11

BLUE MAX - SPECIAL MEMORIAL NIGHT

#### BURSCOUGH BRITISH LEGION ####

SOUL NIGHTS @ BRIDGWATER

SOUL ON THE SEA Vs JAMROCK UK

CHESTER NORTHERN SOUL AND MOTOWN NIGHT

*** STEWARTBY ***

++DOWNTOWN SOULVILLE @The Old Nun's Head, LONDON++

### IRISH CENTRE M/C SOUL NITE ###

So Soulful 70's

FULL CIRCLE RYTHYM & SOUL CLUB--EDINBURGH

TOLLGATE NORTHERN SOUL NIGHT, MANCHESTER

THE ROBIN HOOD EDWINSTOWE

RESIDENCE SOUL CLUB

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN AT THE MIDLAND BAND

Scooter Groove

OUT OF THE BLUE, R&B Night Manchester

STAGE 1, OXFORD ST, LONG EATON, NOTTS, NG10 3JS.

Hydro Soul Club - Newton Aycliffe - DL5 6EA

HAROLD SOUL CLUB BRADFORD SAT 28 may

GRAND CENTRAL SOUL CLUB - SKEGNESS

New Century Soul Manchester Allnighter

CENTRAL SOUL CLUB @THE UNION RC NOTTINGHAM.......

CHESHIRE SOUL CLUB

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Just sorted a large screen to show the game at Radcliffe, looking to put it in the Three Before One room just for the GS lads, I will be at Wembley watching it in 3D, but will back up to Radcliffe for about 3am

Social source share

Saturday 28th May...

Champions league final.... Barcelona V some other team from Trafford :lol:

Promoters of events on that night must take this into account i guess, half the country will be watching and not looking at anything else till its over i guess..

Chris talked about showing it in the bar at Radcliffe all niter...

Any other promoters give it some thought, this game will keep away many many folk early doors...

This aint just for soul events round Manchester, the game will have huge viewing around the country too ( cue the joke" all Utd fans live down south )...

Will some promoters not take this into account at all and just carry on as normal... Your views please/ punters/ promoters???

I know quite a few folk who have had to change plans with Utd in the final.... Djs, promoters and punters... It aint just another game, its one of the biggest games you could ever think of..

If this is bettter in the sports section then please move but its about something that could/ will have a massive affect on soul nights..

Any big Utd fans booked to dj while the game is on ph34r.gif and your plans to tune in?? change slots etc..

I have seen the affect of the footie at Cleethorpes weekender when its the world cup and big games, i know we all aint into the footie but many many folk are...

If the match Starts at 7.45 surely ,barring extra time and penalty's ..won't it all be done and dusted before the Allnighter starts ??

9-30 finish if my maths has'nt deserted me :yes:

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi Nev,

We open at 9pm we will have it on so people can watch the second half if they wish.

Chris W

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Solid Hit Soul 27th May London.................gulp, how many coming down Chris ? :P

Mr D Anderson from Nottingham way :hatsoff2: said he'll be down on the friday :lol:

Hi Dave,

Dean will be down for Adam and Hattie's wedding, I am coming down with Gary Rushbrooke and a couple of others on Sat morning, but I have to head straight back up the road,

Have a good one

Best

Chris W

Social source share

Just sorted a large screen to show the game at Radcliffe, looking to put it in the Three Before One room just for the GS lads, I will be at Wembley watching it in 3D, but will back up to Radcliffe for about 3am

Nice one Chris. I think the plan is to watch the first half at our's, then tear across Manchester to Radcliffe for the second half. One consolation, the traffic should be quiet!!!

P.S. got offered a ticket for £600, but it had gone before I had the chance to tell him to swivel....cheeky t*at :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Nice one Chris. I think the plan is to watch the first half at our's, then tear across Manchester to Radcliffe for the second half. One consolation, the traffic should be quiet!!!

P.S. got offered a ticket for £600, but it had gone before I had the chance to tell him to swivel....cheeky t*at :hatsoff2:

Dam shame Tony

£600 to see Barcelona do the mighty reds Again is a bargain .lol

Social source share

Our night at Burscough British Legion takes place on the same night as the Champions League Final-----we have no intention of moving our event to a different date but have made provision for people who would like to watch the game and attend our night at the same time.

We have arranged with the Legion to open up at 7.30pm and the club has agreed to let non-members into the members lounge which has two tv sets, one in the members bar and a seperate tv lounge with a large screen. We may also provide sandwiches, etc if there is any interest.

The club is situated nearer to Liverpool than Manchester, but Utd have always had a large following in the area (including myself!). We also attract a significant number of people from the Manchester area who travel over to the Legion because of our music policy so hopefully this will cater for the Reds amongst them!

We realise that our numbers will probably be affected whatever we do, but we anticipate another great night at Burscough Legion regardless of the match. And even better if Utd win! :thumbsup:

Social source share

I think you woul let us all know Ady if the mighty LCFC got a sniff of a champs league final.. :thumbsup:

I was once at a wedding when the main room was just about empty and everyone was in the back room watching a massive world cup game, the bride was in tears as she and her mother along with a few others were doing the birdie dance alone laugh.gif ..

Who would want to be a promoter on a night like this??? :D

Soul events listed in events.. Have all promoters took this game into account ???

Charity Soul Nite 28 / 5 / 11

BLUE MAX - SPECIAL MEMORIAL NIGHT

#### BURSCOUGH BRITISH LEGION ####

SOUL NIGHTS @ BRIDGWATER

SOUL ON THE SEA Vs JAMROCK UK

CHESTER NORTHERN SOUL AND MOTOWN NIGHT

*** STEWARTBY ***

++DOWNTOWN SOULVILLE @The Old Nun's Head, LONDON++

### IRISH CENTRE M/C SOUL NITE ###

So Soulful 70's

FULL CIRCLE RYTHYM & SOUL CLUB--EDINBURGH

TOLLGATE NORTHERN SOUL NIGHT, MANCHESTER

THE ROBIN HOOD EDWINSTOWE

RESIDENCE SOUL CLUB

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN AT THE MIDLAND BAND

Scooter Groove

OUT OF THE BLUE, R&B Night Manchester

STAGE 1, OXFORD ST, LONG EATON, NOTTS, NG10 3JS.

Hydro Soul Club - Newton Aycliffe - DL5 6EA

HAROLD SOUL CLUB BRADFORD SAT 28 may

GRAND CENTRAL SOUL CLUB - SKEGNESS

New Century Soul Manchester Allnighter

CENTRAL SOUL CLUB @THE UNION RC NOTTINGHAM.......

CHESHIRE SOUL CLUB

SKY TV DOWN STAIRS IN THE LOUNGE FOR ANYBODY VISITIN THE HAROLD SOUL CLUB :D :D

Social source share

We have screens at the Ley Inn, Clayton-le-Woods (between Chorley, Leyland & Preston) so everyone can come and watch the game and mosy onto the dance floor after the game finishes :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Resident DJ's Eddy Edmondson & Steve Plumb

Guest DJ's Graham Slater & Pete Meadows

Playing the best 70's, Crossover & Modern Soul anthems

From A - Z (Anderson Brothers to Z Z & Co)

Tickets just £5

Lots of safe parking

Superb sound system

All the Soul you need in one room!

Come and see 'What's going on'

To buy tickets and for more info visit

https://www.soulmusic.co.uk/Links.htm

Listen to our jingle here

https://www.soulmusic.co.uk/images/ss70s_advert_Master.MP3

Social source share

the owner of the Grand Central in Skegness has put a TV in the bar area specially for this occassion. :ohmy:

as we booked the space well in advance we didn't think barca Vs chelsea would have been a problem! (which it probably wouldn't have been) :hatsoff2: fortunately we have a female resident dee-jay (a very good dee-jay) and somehow she got the short straw and the early set :hatsoff2::thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert