Kenny Smith - Lord What's Happened - Lp Version

Mmmm. Seems like a real oddity this one. A Kenny Smith LP called "One More Day" 1965-73 from 1973 which features a completely different mix of "Lord What's Happening To Our People" called "Lord What's Happened". This mix has strings on it and sounds like a much fuller production than the single. Anyone come across this?

Ian D :yes:

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

\is it me or has the prominent bass been replaced with a tenor sax bark!

Well, he's completely upped the horns and strings in the mix which I guess covers the bass a bit more. My guess is that he's always had the master tape and done slightly different mixes for each release - Goldspot, GAR and this album.

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Guest miff

Only 79p for the download tightarse :yes:

Your right just got the album £6.99 off Amazon

Below is the full track ive just posted in refsoul wink.gif

Kenny Smith - Lord Whats Happend - Shake It Records

Social source share

Well, he's completely upped the horns and strings in the mix which I guess covers the bass a bit more. My guess is that he's always had the master tape and done slightly different mixes for each release - Goldspot, GAR and this album.

You're correct Ian .... he has always had the master. I got a cassette of a bunch of unissued stuff off him many years ago including a funk version of 'One More Day' by some group

I always loved the a capella fade on the GAR release ... shame it's not here but the srings and vibrant horns sound great

Andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!