New Member - Lorraine Chandler

so that would make it a US boot then, cos it wasn't played in the UK till the mid 70s, was it?

Just check my bootleg guide & I was wrong on that point, (was getting mixed up with 'Gene' Chandler's 'There was a time...doh, it wasn't bootlegged that early, more like the 70's like you say.

Cheers

Aid

Social source share

Hi Again Lorraine,

Can you tell me the link if any, between Eddie Parker and Billy Sharae?

In the early 70s in Burnly, my home town, there was a rumour they were brothers and had recorded each others records.

Just played tell Me You're Mine. Absolutely brilliant performance.

Brian

Social source share

Not at the moment. I would love to do a show with the Pied Piper and Just Productions artist. It would be great to get together again. But I don't do the bookings.

Lorraine

Lorraine that would be er.. rather good thumbsup.gif (mind blowing really)

Just a quick question, there are lots of lesser known or obscure Detroit artists whose records get played over here, I wondered if you have crossed paths with any of them? first one that springs to mind is James Lately who recorded Love, Friends And Money on the Temple label, did you come across him?

Social source share

Just check my bootleg guide & I was wrong on that point, (was getting mixed up with 'Gene' Chandler's 'There was a time...doh, it wasn't bootlegged that early, more like the 70's like you say.

Cheers

Aid

Aid, the bootleg guide? Where can I buy one?

Lorraine

Social source share

Lorraine,

Did you ever dance The Choo Choo and if so what movements did the dance contain?

Sorry but I had to ask.:yes:

Best

Kev

Yes, Kev: You do your hands like the axles on the wheels of the train, slide around and go choo-choo-choo! I'm lying. No, there was never a dance but I couldn't resist! :hatsoff2:

Lorraine

Social source share

Hi Again Lorraine,

Can you tell me the link if any, between Eddie Parker and Billy Sharae?

In the early 70s in Burnly, my home town, there was a rumour they were brothers and had recorded each others records.

Just played tell Me You're Mine. Absolutely brilliant performance.

Brian

No Brian, Eddie and Billy are only brothers in soul music and shared the same writers and producers for their material.

Thank you for the compliment.

Lorraine

Social source share

Lorraine that would be er.. rather good :hatsoff2: (mind blowing really)

Just a quick question, there are lots of lesser known or obscure Detroit artists whose records get played over here, I wondered if you have crossed paths with any of them? first one that springs to mind is James Lately who recorded Love, Friends And Money on the Temple label, did you come across him?

No, I'm sorry Steve, I've never met him.

Lorraine

Social source share

What an amazing thread !

Hello from SW France Lorraine,

I would also like to thank you and express my appreciation for your incredible recordings.... Your 3 RCA Victor 45's sit proudly in my collection and still get played regularly when I get a chance to DJ .. I was lucky enough to see you perform at Prestatyn a few years back and get your autograph; although my friend Carl asked for me ( too overawed !) To me the recordings are as near to Northern soul perfection as one can get ; although they were recorded with success in mind I can't help thinking that the combination of your superb vocals, lyrics and that pied piper production made them just far too classy and sophisticated for the charts !

I just wondered how they were received at the time by radio /listeners etc because for us they became virtually instant favourites in the mid 70s...

Fantastic to read all the praise , love and admiration and your open, engaging and appreciative replies,

You are indeed a superstar Lorraine, true soul royalty !yes.gif

Isn't Lorraine in Eastern France, near Luxembourg? :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Mick Donnelly

Hi Lorraine,

I was going to wait until the rush died down before I asked you my question(s) as it's a bit long winded ... but the rush hasn't died down indeed the queue to knock on your door seems to be getting longer so I thought I'd just barge in. smile.gif

take a deep breath and...

In 2005 I went across to Detroit with David Meikle from Scotland (the ex-owner of the SoulfulDetroit website) and spent 11 great days in the City, one of the main purposes of the visit was for David to get a better understanding of the Pied Piper productions phenomonon, luckliy we managed to hook up with Ray Monette and Percy Williams from The Metros who filled in a few gaps by recounting some of their experiences of working with yourself and Jack - excellent stories but there were still some questions that remainied unanswered. If I may I would like to take the opportunity to ask a few of those questions now.

1. How did Pied Piper come about? - Ray hinted it was the Major labels wanting a slice of the Detroit pie, citing Ollie MacLauglin's tie up with Atlantic as an example. Was Jack and yourself approached by RCA to form Pied Piper or was Pied Piper all ready in existence when the tie up with RCA/Kapp took place? Had Jack already left the Funk Brothers before Pied Piper or was he doing it at the same time?

2. I'm assuming that most of the recording sessions were recorded at United Sound, were any other studios in the Detroit area (or outside come to that) used. Percy (from the Metros) remembered that the vocals for the Sweetest one album were cut in Chicago (Columbia?) was this the norm for the Pied Piper tracks and what was the reason why were they not cut in Detroit?

3. Who were the Musicians used on the tracks, Ray M told me he played on most of the earlier Pied Piper tracks, I'm assuming Bob Babbit also (correct me if I'm wrong) . Its common knowledge thtat the Funk Brothers were famed for moonlighting away from Motown, would any of those guys have played? If they did was there any pressure from Motown for this to stop?

4. What was the link (if any) between Pied Piper and Yvonne Baker ex lead singer with the Philadelphia group the Sensations. She recorded "I can't change" with "Mend the Torn Pieces" - a song I love to bits by the way- on the flip for Junior Records, we subsequently found out many years later "Mend the Torn Pieces" was also recorded by yourself for RCA but never saw the light of day until many years later.... and (to muddy the waters further) she also recorded a track called "you didn't say a word" on Cameo Parkway which had an intro not too dissimilar to your "you only live twice" ... In fact my wife still calls "you didn't say a word" the James Bond song to this day so you can probably guess how similar they sound. :yes:

There are alot of questions here and apologies for that, but stuff like this keeps me a wake at night :lol:

forgot to add... welcome to soulsource, they will look after you here :hatsoff2:

regards

Mick

Social source share

All the love back! I did visit the site and it looks like you have it together there! Have fun this saturday.

Lorraine

hi lorraine,just got home from our soul night played your tunes

told all our guests that you are now on ss

everybody up doing a few moves and claping at the end of eash of your tunes :hatsoff2::yes:

Social source share

Isn't Lorraine in Eastern France, near Luxembourg? :yes:

(My French friend, I got this one)

...and You, smarty pants...go to your room, then have a time out for 20 years only because it wasn't funny :yes: or cool no.gif and if you don't know your geography, nobody gets it! :lol:

Only funny and cool soul stuff on this thread! :hatsoff2:

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

I was going to wait until the rush died down before I asked you my question(s) as it's a bit long winded ... but the rush hasn't died down indeed the queue to knock on your door seems to be getting longer so I thought I'd just barge in. smile.gif

In 2005 I went across to Detroit with David Meikle from Scotland (the ex-owner of the SoulfulDetroit website) and spent 11 great days in the City, one of the main purposes of the visit was for David to get a better understanding of the Pied Piper productions phenomonon, luckliy we managed to hook up with Ray Monette and Percy Williams from The Metros who filled in a few gaps by recounting some of their experiences of working with yourself and Jack - excellent stories but there were still some questions that remainied unanswered. If I may I would like to take the opportunity to ask a few of those questions now.

1. How did Pied Piper come about? - Ray hinted it was the Major labels wanting a slice of the Detroit pie, citing Ollie MacLauglin's tie up with Atlantic as an example. Was Jack and yourself approached by RCA to form Pied Piper or was Pied Piper all ready in existence when the tie up with RCA/Kapp took place? Had Jack already left the Funk Brothers before Pied Piper or was he doing it at the same time?

2. I'm assuming that most of the recording sessions were recorded at United Sound, were any other studios in the Detroit area (or outside come to that) used. Percy (from the Metros) remembered that the vocals for the Sweetest one album were cut in Chicago (Columbia?) was this the norm for the Pied Piper tracks and what was the reason why were they not cut in Detroit?

3. Who were the Musicians used on the tracks, Ray M told me he played on most of the earlier Pied Piper tracks, I'm assuming Bob Babbit also (correct me if I'm wrong) . Its common knowledge thtat the Funk Brothers were famed for moonlighting away from Motown, would any of those guys have played? If they did was there any pressure from Motown for this to stop?

4. What was the link (if any) between Pied Piper and Yvonne Baker ex lead singer with the Philadelphia group the Sensations. She recorded "I can't change" with "Mend the Torn Pieces" - a song I love to bits by the way- on the flip for Junior Records, we subsequently found out many years later "Mend the Torn Pieces" was also recorded by yourself for RCA but never saw the light of day until many years later.... and (to muddy the waters further) she also recorded a track called "you didn't say a word" on Cameo Parkway which had an intro not too dissimilar to your "you only live twice" ... In fact my wife still calls "you didn't say a word" the James Bond song to this day so you can probably guess how similar they sound. :yes:

There are alot of questions here and apologies for that, but stuff like this keeps me a wake at night :lol:

forgot to add... welcome to soulsource, they will look after you here :hatsoff2:

regards

Mick

Mick,

Did you get writer's block? Gracious!

1.You'd have to ask Jack about Pied Piper's beginnings. I was only singing then and starting to hone my writing skills. Jack never left the Funk Bros. Being a musician was how he made a living.

2. Pac 3 studio was used and others (saving that for my book). Artist were flocking in from everywhere after Sweetest One hit and it was cheaper to overdub in Chicago. (Not telling you why, saving that for my book).

3. Yes, Monette was there (with his guitar playing self) and yes, it was pressure from Motown to stop the musicians, but they didn't stop. I had the Funk on my stuff!

4. I just left YouTube from hearing Yvonne. I didn't know her or that she cut the stuff first. She did a wonderful job. I never heard her versions. The material was just presented to me. I had words and a piano copy. I guess they wanted my spin on it. Didn't know I was getting 'used' material! Your right, You Only Live Twice does have similar sounds to Yvonne's You Didn't Say a Word. When you have the same writers, they can change/rearrange their tunes however they like (words, music) without any copyright infringement.

Thank you for the welcome. I now feel right at home. I want my credit in the book!

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

hi lorraine,just got home from our soul night played your tunes

told all our guests that you are now on ss

everybody up doing a few moves and claping at the end of eash of your tunes :hatsoff2::yes:

I'm glad everybody had a good time. You weren't driving were you? huh.gif

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Guest HIRSTY

Welcome the wonders of the internet. Yesterday I was chatting to melvin davis and now to you. I have owened djed and danced to your records for over 35 years and everytime I played your records I could garentee a full dance floor. It has been a pleasure to own and play your recordings. What a voice you have. Truly soulfull. Thank-you Danny of Sheffield England. Wellcome.

Social source share

Welcome the wonders of the internet. Yesterday I was chatting to melvin davis and now to you. I have owened djed and danced to your records for over 35 years and everytime I played your records I could garentee a full dance floor. It has been a pleasure to own and play your recordings. What a voice you have. Truly soulfull. Thank-you Danny of Sheffield England. Wellcome.

Danny of Sheffield,

Thanks for the welcome. Melvin and I played cards a few months back. We were partners and we kicked some a**!

Lorraine

Social source share

(with reference to the person who has been carrying a grudge for years because you didnt let him have an interview!) Was this nutter british by chance?... sounds familiar but then there are a few out there! lol :thumbsup: x

Jeez, he told you too! :cheese1:

Lorraine

Social source share

Guest familytree

(with reference to the person who has been carrying a grudge for years because you didnt let him have an interview!) Was this nutter british by chance?... sounds familiar but then there are a few out there! lol :thumbsup: x

Edited by familytree
Social source share

Guest Mart B

Hi Lorraine

Nice to hear from you,you are a true Legend on The Northern Scene. I thought you was awsome @ Prestatyn.

A couple of questions if i may.

When did you first get the info that your records where being appreciated and danced to in The UK and was it a shock?

Also do you still performe your Northern tunes out and about in The USA?.

Apologies if you have already answered.

regards Martin

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

I was going to wait until the rush died down before I asked you my question(s) regards

Mick

Hi Lorraine - similar to Mick, who I'm happy to call a friend, I thought I'd wait until this thread slowed a little . . . . . but it hasn't, it's record breaking interest is testimony to the rightful esteem you're held in. So I just wanted to add my love and best wishes to a true star (in this age of false celebrity and manufactured stars). Thank you for doing what you've done, your singing is part of the soundtrack to my life. Look forward to the book. Lover and best wishes, Dean.

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

I was going to wait until the rush died down before I asked you my question(s) as it's a bit long winded ... but the rush hasn't died down indeed the queue to knock on your door seems to be getting longer so I thought I'd just barge in. :lol:

4. What was the link (if any) between Pied Piper and Yvonne Baker ex lead singer with the Philadelphia group the Sensations. She recorded "I can't change" with "Mend the Torn Pieces" - a song I love to bits by the way- on the flip for Junior Records, we subsequently found out many years later "Mend the Torn Pieces" was also recorded by yourself for RCA but never saw the light of day until many years later.... and (to muddy the waters further) she also recorded a track called "you didn't say a word" on Cameo Parkway which had an intro not too dissimilar to your "you only live twice" ... In fact my wife still calls "you didn't say a word" the James Bond song to this day so you can probably guess how similar they sound. :lol:

There are alot of questions here and apologies for that, but stuff like this keeps me a wake at night :yes:

forgot to add... welcome to soulsource, they will look after you here :lol:

regards

Mick

Hi Mick,

I can help with one of those queries. The Pied Piper RCA recordings were recorded at RCA's Chicago studios and United Sound. Many of the acts, including the Cavaliers, Metros and Dynamics, were put up in a hotel there for a week and Larry Banks would rehearse them all before going into the studios. RCA spent a lot of money on the projects and chose Chicago because they owned the studios. I'm pretty sure we listed several of the musicians on the Rare Collectible and Soulful Kent CDs we did of the issued and unissued RCA sides. There are session sheets for most of the recordings.

Ady

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

I was going to wait until the rush died down before I asked you my question(s) as it's a bit long winded ... but the rush hasn't died down indeed the queue to knock on your door seems to be getting longer so I thought I'd just barge in. :lol:

4. What was the link (if any) between Pied Piper and Yvonne Baker ex lead singer with the Philadelphia group the Sensations. She recorded "I can't change" with "Mend the Torn Pieces" - a song I love to bits by the way- on the flip for Junior Records, we subsequently found out many years later "Mend the Torn Pieces" was also recorded by yourself for RCA but never saw the light of day until many years later.... and (to muddy the waters further) she also recorded a track called "you didn't say a word" on Cameo Parkway which had an intro not too dissimilar to your "you only live twice" ... In fact my wife still calls "you didn't say a word" the James Bond song to this day so you can probably guess how similar they sound. :lol:

There are alot of questions here and apologies for that, but stuff like this keeps me a wake at night :yes:

forgot to add... welcome to soulsource, they will look after you here :lol:

regards

Mick

Now go and have a lie down Michael.

Social source share

Hi Lorraine

Nice to hear from you,you are a true Legend on The Northern Scene. I thought you was awsome @ Prestatyn.

A couple of questions if i may.

When did you first get the info that your records where being appreciated and danced to in The UK and was it a shock?

Also do you still performe your Northern tunes out and about in The USA?.

Apologies if you have already answered.

regards Martin

Hi Martin,

In the beginning it was Eddie Parker I was tagging along with and it was nice that folks across the water enjoyed our (his) records. When Pontin's called ten years ago, that's when the shock came in. No, in the USA, you have to be current. I would have to introduced myself to three generations. Plus, I love the big band sound and I'm spoiled by the Funk Bros. Don't forget, I went behind the scenes with writing and producing and got comfortable there.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Hi Lorraine - similar to Mick, who I'm happy to call a friend, I thought I'd wait until this thread slowed a little . . . . . but it hasn't, it's record breaking interest is testimony to the rightful esteem you're held in. So I just wanted to add my love and best wishes to a true star (in this age of false celebrity and manufactured stars). Thank you for doing what you've done, your singing is part of the soundtrack to my life. Look forward to the book. Lover and best wishes, Dean.

Dean, at the end, you did mean "love an best wishes", right? :lol: No matter how you put it, I accept it. Thanks for the :lol: .

Lorraine

Social source share

Hi Mick,

I can help with one of those queries. The Pied Piper RCA recordings were recorded at RCA's Chicago studios and United Sound. Many of the acts, including the Cavaliers, Metros and Dynamics, were put up in a hotel there for a week and Larry Banks would rehearse them all before going into the studios. RCA spent a lot of money on the projects and chose Chicago because they owned the studios. I'm pretty sure we listed several of the musicians on the Rare Collectible and Soulful Kent CDs we did of the issued and unissued RCA sides. There are session sheets for most of the recordings.

Ady

Now, about my book...thanks Ady. Sell those CD's!

Lorraine

Social source share

Hi Lorraine

How wonderful to see you here. I can't really add anything to the numerous comments that have been made other than to agree that it is an honour to have you with us.

take care and enjoy

Andy

Hey Andy,

You added yourself and that's all that matters! It's great to be here.

Lorraine

Social source share

(My French friend, I got this one)

...and You, smarty pants...go to your room, then have a time out for 20 years only because it wasn't funny :( or cool :shades: and if you don't know your geography, nobody gets it! :elvis:

Only funny and cool soul stuff on this thread! :lol:

Lorraine

Can I come out of my room 19 and 3/4 years early please Lorraine cos I want to ask you a question. wink.gif

You mentioned the surprise expressed in Detroit when Edwin Starr came to live in England. Tommy Hunt also live here. Is relocating to Britain something you have ever, or even now would ever consider, considering the love and esteem in which you are held over here? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yes, Kev: You do your hands like the axles on the wheels of the train, slide around and go choo-choo-choo! I'm lying. No, there was never a dance but I couldn't resist! :lol:

Lorraine

Good humour Girl, good to see you getting the better of the boys on here!! Like many others I have been watching this thread with interest & have been waiting for the avalanche of responses to slow down to say a big Hi & Welcome!! To a true goddess of soul music. What I admire more than anything is your humble responses & your true emotion for your newfound friends that you didn't know you had. Lorraine you are a true ambassador & obviously a much liked & revered artist & song writer, when you complete this famous book with the answers to all of our questions I will make sure that I own a copy as I would love to see how your life unfolded & read about all the wonderful artists you have worked with. P.S. I would also like some juicy bits to keep us ladies happy.

:thumbsup::(

Social source share

Can I come out of my room 19 and 3/4 years early please Lorraine cos I want to ask you a question. wink.gif

You mentioned the surprise expressed in Detroit when Edwin Starr came to live in England. Tommy Hunt also live here. Is relocating to Britain something you have ever, or even now would ever consider, considering the love and esteem in which you are held over here? :hatsoff2:

:yes: OK. Only if you promise to be good.

Edwin was so hot here in the States with all his hit records that it was a surprise to most here. But as long as he was happy, that was all that mattered. While I love the long visits there, I'll mellow out here. There is still too much in the States that I haven't seen and want to do. Don't get wrong, you all will be one of my homes away from home. Always.

Lorraine

Social source share

:sweatingbullets: OK. Only if you promise to be good.

Edwin was so hot here in the States with all his hit records that it was a surprise to most here. But as long as he was happy, that was all that mattered. While I love the long visits there, I'll mellow out here. There is still too much in the States that I haven't seen and want to do. Don't get wrong, you all will be one of my homes away from home. Always.

Lorraine

Well I danced to one of your records last night so I'm being good! yes.gif

Thanks for the reply Lorraine, and yes, being happy is all that matters!! And soul music and dancing makes me happy! :hatsoff2::thumbup:

Social source share

Troid, Post #384

Had trouble replying because your 'quote' thing was off. You didn't leave me your name and I do like personalizing as much as possible. Anyway, I'm glad to have another gal pal and thanks for compliments and the welcome.

What do you mean by 'juicy bits?' I won't kiss and tell and to say I landed every man I wanted...yeah, right! :thumbsup: ...but if it sells more books...I'll have to think about this. :thumbup:

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Troid, Post #384

Had trouble replying because your 'quote' thing was off. You didn't leave me your name and I do like personalizing as much as possible. Anyway, I'm glad to have another gal pal and thanks for compliments and the welcome.

What do you mean by 'juicy bits?' I won't kiss and tell and to say I landed every man I wanted...yeah, right! :thumbup: ...but if it sells more books...I'll have to think about this.

wink.gif

Please do kiss N Tell, my names Vicky but him indoors likes to call me Vicky-Toria I think he thinks he's getting one over, men eh can't live with em & err can't live with em, Troid stands for Totally real over indulgent dancer I let you work that one out for yourself all the best ttfn & KTF & I don't know why my quote button doesn't work, suppose its a bit stubborn like me lorraine!!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Lorraine.Sorry if you've been asked this already on this thread but,what are you favorite soul records from the past,and any from nowadays? I realise that may be a big question......:D

Kev.

Kev,

Having a low voice (alto) I kinda equated to the male voice. Most women were singing, "turn me into a pretzel, never leave me and use me," songs so I have to think a while on my girlfriends.

What immediately stands out for me was hearing Stagger Lee in the house. That record just got to me, I could visualize the whole scene hearing Lloyd Price singing it. (The Duke of Earl, was influential and it set me up for The Metros later in life. ) Jackie Wilson's Lonely Teardrops (my top ten). How can a man's voice riff like that? Anything, I mean anything Sam Cooke did was all right. I think Cupid is my favorite. Cooke's live album At the Copa is wonderful. One of the best albums, arrangement-wise was Lou Rawls' Tobbaco Road. I played the grooves off of it. All Lou had to do was hum and it still would have been a smash. All early Temptations, all Temptations, period. Baby I Need Your Loving, Four Tops makes my top ten. I can play that song 24 hours straight...today. Levi's voice with its cracking sound, the haunting background, and how it all comes together in the end. Wow!

When Etta James came out with At Last, the world stopped. What a performance. What a record.

I can talk music all day and night. We'll continue this later. Remind me again (it's the age thing).

Lorraine

Social source share

Just one question from me Lorraine .... I hope you had a good nap , I am still laughing at Mick D going into turbo anorak mode :lol:

Would you have done anything differentely thus far?

For me main things in life are your Health and your family and to be loved by someone special .... what's your outlook if its not too personal.... just to give you a break from grooves and matrix numbers :D

Carms

x

Edited by Carms
Social source share

Ms. Vicky (post #390),

Get that QUOTE button fixed!

One quickie: Me, being a healthy girl always went for the brawny type (like the muscles but I always, and I mean always fell/fall for the intellectual type or the intellectual looking type).

Here's this famous football player (6'4", 220 pounds, 46" chest, 33/34" waist at a glance) and quite handsome. He is the epitome of health. We kinda just met (last week) and we're at lunch and the only thing keeping us from jumping one another right then and there :lol: is the table setting. Chemistry like that only happens once a decade, if you're lucky. His personality wasn't that great because he thought he was the Love God, but who cared? I thought I was the Goddess! That's when I learned about the true Love Gods. I kept my composure. No I didn't, the waiter brought the menus. After eating, nothing happened (I was too full). I had to leave to catch a plane and that was that. About the Love Gods.

That man today. Poor baby, that chest went into his waist. His height declined due to a curvature in his back. He had to take steroids for an infection that left that once strong jaw bone looking like he had stuff nuts into each of his jaws. Not that I'm a prize now mind you but...I (we) dodged a bullet!:D

Now was that really interesting???:lol:

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Just one question from me Lorraine .... I hope you had a good nap , I am still laughing at Mick D going into turbo anorak mode :lol:

Would you have done anything differentely thus far?

For me main things in life are your Health and your family and to be loved by someone special .... what's your outlook if its not too personal.... just to give you a break from grooves and matrix numbers :D

Carms

x

No Carms,

Not personal at all and I agree with your assessment of life. I wouldn't change a thing. It is what it is/was and I love being loved! The bad things made me stronger and more appreciative of the good things. Although my diabeties is challenging, I was one of the last to get it in my generation and it runs rampant on both sides of my family. Five years ago, I was on medication (diabetic) that blew me up to whale size (any excuse will do) and my friends notice I was gaining (more) weight. Eventually one of them told me to change medication and the pounds are now starting to come off, s-l-o-w-l-y. I'm now down to walrus size! But it's all good. Life is wonderful, cause I'm still here!

Lorraine

Social source share

Second that Lorraine. One of the greatest records ever made. When you have a song that good and a singer like Etta that's when you get pure gold!

Ian D :lol:

Ian D,

Isn't today an 'out-patient day?' :D Have a good one!

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Ms. Vicky (post #390),

Get that QUOTE button fixed!

One quickie: Me, being a healthy girl always went for the brawny type (like the muscles but I always, and I mean always fell/fall for the intellectual type or the intellectual looking type).

Here's this famous football player (6'4", 220 pounds, 46" chest, 33/34" waist at a glance) and quite handsome. He is the epitome of health. We kinda just met (last week) and we're at lunch and the only thing keeping us from jumping one another right then and there onto.gif is the table setting. Chemistry like that only happens once a decade, if you're lucky. His personality wasn't that great because he thought he was the Love God, but who cared? I thought I was the Goddess! That's when I learned about the true Love Gods. I kept my composure. No I didn't, the waiter brought the menus. After eating, nothing happened (I was too full). I had to leave to catch a plane and that was that. About the Love Gods.

That man today. Poor baby, that chest went into his waist. His height declined due to a curvature in his back. He had to take steroids for an infection that left that once strong jaw bone looking like he had stuff nuts into each of his jaws. Not that I'm a prize now mind you but...I (we) dodged a bullet!sweatingbullets.gif

Now was that really interesting???:no:

Sure was, up until you caught the plane girl who wants to go through life dodging bullets when the pots boilin' over :D:g: an theres lust floatin' in the air :yes:

Social source share

No Carms,

Not personal at all and I agree with your assessment of life. I wouldn't change a thing. It is what it is/was and I love being loved! The bad things made me stronger and more appreciative of the good things. Although my diabeties is challenging, I was one of the last to get it in my generation and it runs rampant on both sides of my family. Five years ago, I was on medication (diabetic) that blew me up to whale size (any excuse will do) and my friends notice I was gaining (more) weight. Eventually one of them told me to change medication and the pounds are now starting to come off, s-l-o-w-l-y. I'm now down to walrus size! But it's all good. Life is wonderful, cause I'm still here!

Lorraine

Exactly !

Side effects are not good , but I guess you have to weigh up if you can suffer to cure an ailment . I have numb feet and cramps in my toes as a result of medication for Blood Pressure, cramps play havoc when I am on the way to jumpin laugh.gif

BTW I love Etta's Sunday Kind of love ... :D one I didn't know until recentely.

Take care

Carms

x

Edited by Carms
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!