Soul Nights @ Bridgwater Saturday 28Th May

We're finally back for our second event this year, SATURDAY 28TH MAY.

I'm so pleased with this line up. We always mix up the best of the d-j's in the UK with the best in the South West, and this event has South West ' virgins ' Maria and Carl Willingham all the way from Manchester, playing alongside 2 of the finest South West based d-j's Ady Heany and Andy Wagner. And, err, me too .

At Bridgwater it's 100% original vinyl, one room A.T.B. And like we always do, all the d-j's will be asked to play at least a handful of tunes that you don't or may not know .

Right, the elephant in the room, is that I've clashed this with the Euro Champions league final !

[ Foot - Load - Aim - Shoot - Shoot again for good measure - Direct Hit ]

So there will be a big screen in the main bar for the footie . And to celebrate the event I'm organising some food, served 7-00 till 7-30pm, for the peeps who come early to 'enjoy ' the footie before the music and dancing. [ I know, we spoil you, but you're worth it . ]

Pete Lyster

North Petherton Rugy Football Club

Beggars Brook

North Petherton

nr Bridgwater

Somerset

ta66nw £5 otd THIS IS A NO TALC EVENT NO EXCEPTIONS PLEASE !

Edited by ricticman
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had a few queries about the food !

So I hope this clarifies .

No cost - it's on me.

It'll be pasta + bol. sauce [ or something similar ], served about 7-00pm +. So it's out of the way for the kick off.

All I need is a broad idea of numbers - so pm me if you want me to include you in the numbers ? By this Saturday afternoon latest if you can [ May 21st ].

Ciao !

pete

well what a great line up and free food to boot...pity there aint no ham egg and chips :thumbsup:laugh.gif

this is a great event run by two of the nicest and most genuine ppl on the soul scene...always great music and an atmosphere to match

safe parking and a superb soundsystem plus the chance to watch the footie in comfort will ensure a superb night

moldie

Guest Glawster

Mmmmmmmmm I hear (European) CUP Cakes could be on the food menu for Saturday ,can I have mine with Red and White Icing and winners ribbons on please?

Pete/Cathy Great line up you have. Nice venue with great sound system with a friendly environment . Would recommend this venue to anyone who has not been before and is contemplating going.

Not sure if I can make this as few things on and probably last minute decision.

Best of luck with this one

:rolleyes:

See you both soon.

Regards

Mike.

Edited by Mike E
Guest andyw17

Hi Guys,

What's all this footy rubbish. UEFA planned that one badly. Bridgwater has been on the calendar for all to see for ages. That might be why Giggsy got the hump . . . Anyway I can't wait to get going on the night. You'll have a strong idea from past CDs what my attacking formation will be but I'm looking to put underplayed Marvin Gaye up front along side the mesmeric Aretha Franklin with a view to scoring early on. Shep will be there with the magic 'Wand' duo Shirley & Jessie to hold the middle. James Jameson can be relied on to get the back line tight with Otis Redding standing tall as a safe pair of hands. Winners on the night? It will all be about those Happy Feet as usual!

These are the nights we all dream of being at so,

See you all there for more of 'That Night-Time Feelin'

Andy

Pete/Cathy Great line up you have. Nice venue with great sound system with a friendly environment . Would recommend this venue to anyone who has not been before and is contemplating going.

Not sure if I can make this as few things on and probably last minute decision.

Best of luck with this one

:lol:

See you both soon.

Regards

Mike.

NICE ONE MIKE

WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO TEST THOSE WILLINGHAMS TO SEE IF THEY'VE CAUGHT A SOUTH WEST ACCENT SOON BY THE TIME THEY'VE PLAYED AT BRIDGWATER THIS WEEK AND THE MIGHTY GLOUCESTER ALNITER 2 WEEKS LATER !!

Hi Guys,

What's all this footy rubbish. UEFA planned that one badly. Bridgwater has been on the calendar for all to see for ages. That might be why Giggsy got the hump . . . Anyway I can't wait to get going on the night. You'll have a strong idea from past CDs what my attacking formation will be but I'm looking to put underplayed Marvin Gaye up front along side the mesmeric Aretha Franklin with a view to scoring early on. Shep will be there with the magic 'Wand' duo Shirley & Jessie to hold the middle. James Jameson can be relied on to get the back line tight with Otis Redding standing tall as a safe pair of hands. Winners on the night? It will all be about those Happy Feet as usual!

These are the nights we all dream of being at so,

See you all there for more of 'That Night-Time Feelin'

Andy

Don't worry about that Andy,

we've heard your cd's but we still think you've got great potential

hee hee

Edited by ricticman
Guest andrew bin

roll on saturday, haven't been any where for a while so especialy looking forward to this and the willinghams are playing what more could you want, is there football on

jUST A QUICK NOTE

To remind y'all of Cathy's re- cycling table

you bring your no longer wanted good stuff, and leave it on the re-cycle table

and take away other people no longer wanted good stuff

which then , and forever more, or at least until the next Soul Nights @ Bridgwater [ OCT 22ND , AS YOU ASK ] now become your always wanted good stuff .

Simples !

really looking forward to bridgewater as usual...wont make it in time for the footy so gutted will probably miss most of it but soul comes first !.....when i left school and finally had a little money in my pocket half 'of the gang' started going away to football the others (me included) got scoots and started going to niters by the sea... been a tv fan ever since,lambrettas and vinyl being expensive hobbies!!dean

Guest Glawster

roll on saturday, haven't been any where for a while so especialy looking forward to this and the willinghams are playing what more could you want, is there football on

So glad you're both coming be great to catch up. Hope you're on the mend.

Guest Angela Lawrence

I'll be there tomorrow running the door with Cathy and the free-cycle table, and making sure the d-j's are working their socks off

and I'll be searching anyone who looks that might have thought about bringing any talc with them, as well as searching anyone else that I take a shine too !

Don't forget - no talc - no exceptions - don't make me cross - you don't want to see me cross !

Angela

x x x

I'll be there tomorrow running the door with Cathy and the free-cycle table, and making sure the d-j's are working their socks off

and I'll be searching anyone who looks that might have thought about bringing any talc with them, as well as searching anyone else that I take a shine too !

Don't forget - no talc - no exceptions - don't make me cross - you don't want to see me cross !

Angela

x x x

Wow,

That 'customer first ' course I put you on has cetainly worked Angie !

Keep up the great work .

pete

Dear Pete and Cath and all

I hope that your team does the business and makes the nite even more of a success than usual! It's always a great nite here and this time I can't make it (doh!). The Dj line up is top draw and will be well worth the trip for all of you. I know a great cross section of soul will be played. Have a great time and make sure Carl and Pete have a drink to celebrate Manchester's success! Next year it could be Bristol!!!- keep the faith from Matt

Edited by Matt
Guest soulfulrosa

REALLY looking forward to our REGULAR soul event in the SOUTH WEST .. ALWAYS a cracking night. ...........fab music.. ( many many newies... unfamiliar..underplayed... just damn good in fact !!)

Looking forward to Carl and Marias` set.. and of course all the DJ lineup for tonight.. who will surprise and please.thumbsup.gif

Its a friendly night.. great music................good dance floor.. ( YOU DONT NEED TALC !!!).. cheap beer.................. good company.. THE perfect combination !!!

And to top the night hatsoff2.gif.. Lets hope Man U win for Pete and Cathy Lyster and all the Man U fans out there..... ( and that's coming from a WOLVES fan !!)rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

REALLY looking forward to our REGULAR soul event in the SOUTH WEST .. ALWAYS a cracking night. ...........fab music.. ( many many newies... unfamiliar..underplayed... just damn good in fact !!)

Looking forward to Carl and Marias` set.. and of course all the DJ lineup for tonight.. who will surprise and please.thumbsup.gif

Its a friendly night.. great music................good dance floor.. ( YOU DONT NEED TALC !!!).. cheap beer.................. good company.. THE perfect combination !!!

And to top the night hatsoff2.gif.. Lets hope Man U win for Pete and Cathy Lyster and all the Man U fans out there..... ( and that's coming from a WOLVES fan !!)rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nice one Sylvia

looking forward to seeing you and Joe here tonight , I hear there's quite a crew coming from Barnstaple - I hope they've got loads of spare barrels of cider ordered at the Rugby club !

bring it on !

pete