Colin Curtis Guests @ Broughton Anniversary

Guest Brian Ellis

Guest Brian Ellis

SATURDAY 18th JUNE 2011

We are really pleased to have been able to book one of the legends of the soul scene for a first-time appearance at Broughton.

COLIN CURTIS of Blackpool Mecca fame will be our main guest for this special Anniversary night - 11 year now...... and still going strong. Alongside Colin will be regular residents Brian Ellis and the legendary Soul Sam, so there's bound to be an amazing playlist ranging from some great Mecca classics through to some of the current top floor-fillers, across a wide range of soul genres.

Broughton is a fabulous venue with a huge bar serving drinks at credit crunch-busting prices, we've continued to keep entry prices low, so there'll definitely be plenty of change left in your pocket on Sunday morning, Add to that a plush, air conditioned room with a superb dancefloor and great sound system and one of the friendliest crowds you'll find anywhere.

So if you're open-minded about your soul music then you'll find Broughton hitting almost every spot.

Very easy to find off Junction 35(a) west-bound on A55 expressway. Loads of very safe parking (security guard protected) right alongside clubhouse.

For Sat Navvers it's: CH4 0DR

Brian thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Netspeaky

Going to be a special night really looking forward to this event, quality guest joining two of North Wales finest DJ's cheap bar large,dance floor what more does one want from a night, get yourselves here.

Brain

Sick as a parrot I can't make this one. Sam will have to mark me absent!!

11th anniversary and Colin Curtis (not many Broughton virgins left now!!) what more could you want.

As you know date clashes with my son's wedding. I did ask him to change it but................ kids eh.

I'm sure the night will be a packer.

See you in August for Sam's big 70.

Regards

Daryl

Guest Brian Ellis

Should be a cracker - we've been trying to get Colin along for some time and now we've finally got him over to guest for us.

Also on the night there will be more information about how we're going to celebrate the birthday one of Northern Soul's absolute icons - it's Sam's 70th birthday in August and we're going to party in style at our Augsut Soul Nite.

Guest Brian Ellis

Should get a really good mix of tunes from Colin stretching from some of the Mecca's biggies and memory jerkers through to some from his current playlist.

Sam has toild me not to play any Mecca stuff in my spot !! :thumbsup:

Source Advert