Grumpy Soul Runcorn Sat 9 July 2011 8Pm-4Am

• Replies 329
  • Views 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to this,been following the posts and looks like a great night.

Hopefully there will be a few of us out to enjoy some great tunes and meet old and new faces.

Only live down the road so will be dancing till the end!!!.

Looking forward to the oldies and classics :rolleyes:

Ron biggrin.gif

Hi Sandy.

Latest news from north of the border is Mr. Howard is definitely coming. All we need now is Stuart and Jill :D

Aw Joan thats EXCELLENT news!!! Leave Stuart n Jill to me, i'll do my very best wink.gif Tried ringing Col n Karen think they must be away. We'll be there early doors see you then chuck :rolleyes:

Gutted don't think we can make it, my daughter Del got us tickets for Old trafford one dayer on sat, gonna be out all day and dont know if I can get to Runcorn, wont be in car as going on train for obvious reasons, have to give it some thought

Anyone going from Pete's neck of the woods that can give him a lift?

Really hope you make it thumbsup.gif

Yahoo!! Just got my train tickets, later than I wanted but couldn't make plans until work commitments were sorted, now that they are I am too and can't wait to meet up with a few Mates, hear some top music and have a good dance - it's been way too long,

see you all there,

David.

Yahoo!! Just got my train tickets, later than I wanted but couldn't make plans until work commitments were sorted, now that they are I am too and can't wait to meet up with a few Mates, hear some top music and have a good dance - it's been way too long,

see you all there,

David.

thumbup.gif

see you all there,

David.

Whoo hoo fantastic news Dave, see you Saturday.

Sharon

Been on my agenda to get to since it was first advertised so we'll do our best to be there.

If we can make it we'll try and get Roly F out of hibernation. Only hurdle to cross is youngest daughter is due a baby on Thursday but you know how these things go she'll probably go into labour sometime Sat.

Whatever happens I'm sure you'll all have a great night.

Looking forward to this,been following the posts and looks like a great night.

Hopefully there will be a few of us out to enjoy some great tunes and meet old and new faces.

Only live down the road so will be dancing till the end!!!.

Looking forward to the oldies and classics thumbsup.gif

Ron :shades:

Hiya Ron

thanks for the interest mate and it'll be great if you are able to come along on Saturday :lol: Ron (or anyone else for that matter) please don't take this the wrong way. Having read your post thought it might help to avoid any potential confusion or disappointment on the night if I was to clarify the music policy at Grumpy Soul: we want everyone to have a belting night above all else... ...

With the line-up we have what you'll definitely get for your fiver is:

- 8 full hours of up and at em high class tunage spun by experienced djs who all have the proper records

- Given that the best measure of whether folk are having a good night is always the dancefloor, that will be our primary consideration all night. We'd absolutely encourage everyone to dance their socks off and,, as promoters, we will ensure the djs have that as their absolute priority too

However, what folk won't get at Grumpy's is 'top 500' classic oldies and popular motown sounds. That's not about being a 'soul snob' or wanting to deter anyone from coming along and helping us have a great night, not at all. Rather, there are lots of venues, djs and promoters out there doing classic oldies nights much better than we ever could and that particular market seems to us to be pretty well catered for via venues like Kings, Monaco, King George's, Blackpool etc; all established, hugely successful events and good luck to em.

As per my opening post on this thread, we want to try and do something a little bit different; not to create northern soul history by breaking loads of news sounds or ground, or trying to be elitist and smart-arse by playing eight hours of 'semi-knowns' or 'obscurities. Rather, we want to try and focus on the sounds played primarily from about 1980 onwards at venues like Stafford, Warrington Parr Hall, Tonys, Queens Hall etc. There'll be oldies in the mix for sure (aren't they all pretty much in rdeal terms) and plenty of Detroit and Chicago dancers if that's your bag. In other words, class records and plenty of oldies, not many 'classic oldies' at all though.

Travellers coming from as far afield as Bournemouth and Scotland and it'd be great if we could supplement that and add some passionate, up-for-it more local soulies to the mix too.

As I say, wouldn't want anyone to turn up expecting something they're just not gonna get on the night. By the same token, it's gotta be worth a look for just a fiver ain't it? f you do make it along Ron please come and say hello :thumbup:

atb

Phil

Edited by PhilT

Been on my agenda to get to since it was first advertised so we'll do our best to be there.

If we can make it we'll try and get Roly F out of hibernation. Only hurdle to cross is youngest daughter is due a baby on Thursday but you know how these things go she'll probably go into labour sometime Sat.

Really hope you make it Ged but totally understand if you don't.

Best wishes to you all x

How the hell did I miss this :lol: Just been chatting with Dale abt it., looks like a brilliant night you have organised, and will definatley be there for your grand opening..

see you on the 9th :rolleyes:

Hugs N Stuff

Phyllis x

Don't forget to pick me up Phyllis, just been to the shops and have got some earplugs to bring with me :thumbsup::lol::lol:.

Willie

the club has a large carpark, but should the case arise. there is more carparking spaces, at webbs builders merchants next door....plus street parking is good too, moral is get there early.....:thumbsup:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=grumpys+bar+runcorn&hl=en&ll=53.339698,-2.715527&spn=0.00052,0.001182&client=firefox-a&channel=np&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=53.339682,-2.715426&panoid=iZMKrg-uuDmwbjFKTln9rg&cbp=12,9.19,,0,17.57

hope that worked

Hi Phil, Thanks for the welcome mate and the explanation on the music policy,still sounds great and the oldies and classics was just on my wish list,i have a broad listening ear on the Northern Soul scene and will dance to most tunes. Take your point about the big venues and i do attend them alot,will be at the Kings Hall the week after on the 16th. I try to get a Local and National mix,sometimes go to the Warmy and been waiting for a Grumpy night,its great to meet old and new faces. I'm ready for the tunes,see you Saturday.

Ron :thumbsup::rolleyes:

Edited by Wigan Dancer

there seems to be plenty on this thread Kev :thumbsup: sorry mate just could not resist :lol:

All down to an exciting new concept Ted, popularity. Give it time cocker... :rolleyes:

Shame you can't be with us mate. Have a good un wherever you are and hope to catch up soon

atb

Phil

Hi Phil, Thanks for the welcome mate and the explanation on the music policy,still sounds great and the oldies and classics was just on my wish list,i have a broad listening ear on the Northern Soul scene and will dance to most tunes. Take your point about the big venues and i do attend them alot,will be at the Kings Hall the week after on the 16th. I try to get a Local and National mix,sometimes go to the Warmy and been waiting for a Grumpy night,its great to meet old and new faces. I'm ready for the tunes,see you Saturday.

Ron :thumbsup::rolleyes:

Top man Ron. Look forward to seeing you Saturday mate

atb

Phil

All down to an exciting new concept Ted, popularity. Give it time cocker... :thumbsup:

Shame you can't be with us mate. Have a good un wherever you are and hope to catch up soon

atb

Phil

Ive been press ganged mate would have liked to hear your new stuff :rolleyes: c u soon

atb Ted

Ron :thumbsup::lol:

That's great Ron see you on Saturday say hello on your way in I'll be the one either taking your money or putting your wristband on :rolleyes:. Do we know you, I've lived in Runcorn all my life so would be surpised if we didn't.

Sharon

Good luck guys. hoping to get down for the last few hours after we've finished, hope all goes well we need more quality soul nights in this area.

hope to see you on the night

Andy.

Tell you what, don't ever let anyone tell you that this scene is full of sh*ts.

The post above is from a guy whose night we've clashed with, not deliberately of course. How spot on is that, to have the good grace to wish us luck and making the effort to try and support us!!!! Top man Andy, we'd all be absolutely made-up if you, Blunny et al can get down later and genuinely hope your not too badly affected of course mate. Pint on me bud :lol:

atb

Tell you what, don't ever let anyone tell you that this scene is full of sh*ts.

The post above is from a guy whose night we've clashed with, not deliberately of course. How spot on is that, to have the good grace to wish us luck and making the effort to try and support us!!!! Top man Andy, we'd all be absolutely made-up if you, Blunny et al can get down later and genuinely hope your not too badly affected of course mate. Pint on me bud :lol:

atb

Pah!!!!

Then again, on second thoughts,

. Pint on me bud :lol:

atb

:yes::D

Enjoy!!

Come on son, priorities .... :yes:

Seriously, really hope you can make it mate of course but hope all the really important stuff goes according to plan [Grandpa].

It may or may not be reassuring to pass on the molten nugget of bronzed wisdom that once came my way when a lady I know described childbirth as, and I quote: "like sh*tting a Porsche":lol: Loads of gas n air mate, worked for me :lol:

x

That's great Ron see you on Saturday say hello on your way in I'll be the one either taking your money or putting your wristband on :lol:. Do we know you, I've lived in Runcorn all my life so would be surpised if we didn't.

Sharon

Will do Sharon,i think we possibly will know each other,i was brought up in Runcorn also.

See you Saturday,be great to have a chat and dance to some top tunes.

Ron :lol:

That's great Ron see you on Saturday say hello on your way in I'll be the one either taking your money or putting your wristband on :lol:. Do we know you, I've lived in Runcorn all my life so would be surpised if we didn't.

Sharon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too most Runcorners are releated to each other :lol: