Just Soul - July 2Nd 2011 (Saturday)

Just Soul

Just a gentle heads up for our next event - Just Soul 6 'The Summer Sizzler'.

Saturday 2nd July 2011

6:00pm - 2:00am

(Note the earlier start time - a full 8 hours of Soul)

Admission £6.00

An evening of only Top Quality Soul Music in the company of:-

SEAN HAMPSEY - ANDY 'TATS' TAYLOR - KEVIN BRISCOE + BULLY and our special guest JOHN BENSON

Delivering the UK's most truly Soulful playlist!

The Venue

Ye Olde Bell Hotel

Barnby Moor

Retford

Nottinghamshire

DN22 8QS

This superb venue is conveniently located on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Yorkshire close to the A1, M1, M18 & M62 with Doncaster, Lincoln, Nottingham, Leeds, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Sheffield and Nottingham all within an hours drive.

www.yeoldebell-hotel.co.uk

We have a Special room rate for 2011 of £75 (inc breakfast) for those wanting to stay over (normal rate £120).

Be sure to mention 'Just Soul' to get the special rate.

If you find the Hotel is already full, either ask to be put on the reserve list or see our website www.JustSoul.co.uk for alternative accommodation in the vicinity.

So get ready for another long, hot, evening of real Soul Music.

Not just Northern, Not just Modern, Not just Crossover... Just Soul!

Yet again, its gonna be special.

:rolleyes:

We look forward to seeing you on the night!

Please Note: Lock out will be at 10:00pm so please do try and arrive early.

The Just Soul movement continues.

Sean

FEEDBACK

If you want to know what all the fuss is about, visit www.JustSoul.co.uk and check out the feedback on Just Soul Feedback

The best Soul night I've ever been to ......record after record of outstanding brilliance, wonderful people , great venue ...wow !! Cheers,

Eddie Hubbard

I have not heard a better mix or selection of recordings in a long time, which was a testimony to the credibility of the gentlemen behind the decks.

Well done : 10 / 10

Malc Burton

The DJ's kept rollin them out, great atmosphere, great company, great inception of a do that must now go on for legendary status.

Kev Cane

• Replies 39
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Adam G

Totally agree with Lofty we were booked up the night of the last one and the hotel was full!.

Just a great relaxed night where the DJs just play what they want and its always upto now been 100% brilliant music.

We will be there very very early and know its goiing to be great .

Roll on the 2nd of July fun and japes beer and soul . Bullys early door sets are not to be missed

Totally agree with Lofty we were booked up the night of the last one and the hotel was full!.

Just a great relaxed night where the DJs just play what they want and its always upto now been 100% brilliant music.

We will be there very very early and know its goiing to be great .

Roll on the 2nd of July fun and japes beer and soul . Bullys early door sets are not to be missed

Great to hear Adam, cos we will be getting a very early taxi over to your gaffe to enjoy the afternoon festivities and to be cordially invited to use your superior facilities to freshen up for the evening, thanks for offering mate, we will certainly be taking you guys up on it :rolleyes:

Kev

Guest Adam G

Great to hear Adam, cos we will be getting a very early taxi over to your gaffe to enjoy the afternoon festivities and to be cordially invited to use your superior facilities to freshen up for the evening, thanks for offering mate, we will certainly be taking you guys up on it :yes:

Kev

How many of you ? I only said Pete Foster can touch up his makeup dont want our room funked up with the stench of Kouros !! :shhh:

More than welcome Kev be good to see you £2 each to use my facilities. £5 to use loftys ( hes bound to have got the bigger room :lol: )

Not long to go got Womack the week before then the summer Just Soul .

Give us a bell to catch up

Ad

Guest Adam G

Womack in his FIRST concert of the UK tour and JUST SOUL are the only thing keeping me going after my move.

Hardly had a minute to meself .

Roll on summer Just Soul :thumbsup:

Womack in his FIRST concert of the UK tour and JUST SOUL are the only thing keeping me going after my move.

Hardly had a minute to meself .

Roll on summer Just Soul yes.gif

Bit of a STOP PRESS in case you've not read it elsewhere, Adam.

Just Soul (well, myself & Tats) will be guesting at:

THE 19th 6T's CLEETHORPES NORTHERN & MODERN SOUL WEEKENDER

Saturday 11th June 2011

In the Modern Room... but doing our 'Just Soul' thing!

Just in case you can't make it to the 2nd July! :ohmy:

Sean

Guest topcatnumpty1

Really looking 4ward to this ,staying at the other pub in the village,(White Horse --may still have rooms!!) for Fri,Sat and Sun nights--gonna explore Nottingham!! for first tme in about 20 years!!

C U there...N.B...Won,t let Rani look after the cash this time!!LOL

T.C.

Guest Adam G

I will NOT be making cakes...

I WILL be accepting late birthday presents... just like last year

can't bloomin wait!

bake cakes just plain fairy cakes with nowt on and not touched by your kids !!! or Michael

Good News - Bad News! We regret to have to announce that, due to reasons beyond our control, Maydie Myles / Debbie Taylor will now, not, be able to appear at our November event.

The previous announcement was made in all good faith and with the blessing and encouragement of her UK Representative, SELREC, who are aiming to issue her 'lost' Arista album this Autumn. We had agreed to coincide the release of this incredible discovery with an appearance by Debbie at Just Soul, however, we have now been advised by Paul at SELREC that she is very keen to keep the other date we’d also put to her, and are looking to reschedule for March/April 2012 which suits all parties concerned.

For those who simply cannot wait until next Spring to see this fabulous artist, Maydie is scheduled to appear at the Scottish Soul Weekender 4-6 November 2011 (see scottishsoulfulweekender.co.uk for details).

In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you in the Modern Room at Cleggy this weekend and at the upcoming July 2nd Summer Sizzler, which should all go without a hitch... just as long as the Sun turns up to shine :0)

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Guest Paul

It was hard to keep that news quiet for so long.

More good news in this video that was published on facebook a couple of weeks ago:

LINKS:

Debbie Taylor (Maydie Myles) facebook page: www.facebook....#!/maydie.myles

Selrec / Millbrand facebook page: www.facebook.com/millbrand

Just Soul website: www.justsoul.co.uk

The Scottish Soulful Weekender 2011 website: https://scottishsoulf...p/the-soul-hole

Edited by Paul

It was hard to keep that news quiet for so long.

More good news in this video that was published on facebook a couple of weeks ago:

Big thanks to you Paul and Mike for helping us make it happen.

As Debbie once said ' No Deposits, No Returns'.

Hope that makes sense.

More info to follow as it develops!

G'night all.

:0)

Sean

Good News - Bad News!

We regret to have to announce that, due to reasons beyond our control, Maydie Myles / Debbie Taylor will now, not, be able to appear at our November event.

The previous announcement was made in all good faith and with the blessing and encouragement of her UK Representative, SELREC, who are aiming to issue her 'lost' Arista album this Autumn. We had agreed to coincide the release of this incredible discovery with an appearance by Debbie at Just Soul, however, we have now been advised by Paul at SELREC that she is very keen to keep the other date we’d also put to her, and are looking to reschedule for March/April 2012 which suits all parties concerned.

For those who simply cannot wait until next Spring to see this fabulous artist, Maydie is scheduled to appear at the Scottish Soul Weekender 4-6 November 2011 (see scottishsoulfulweekender.co.uk for details).

In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you in the Modern Room at Cleggy this weekend and at the upcoming July 2nd Summer Sizzler, which should all go without a hitch... just as long as the Sun turns up to shine :0)

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Guest Kev Briscoe

This is great news Sean!!

Well done to all concerned!!

See everyone on the July 2nd (if not at The Impressions or Womack first!!)

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

When are you going to put one of these nights on when I can make it, no need to tell you this because I know you will, but.... have a great night as always.

Barry

Hi Guys

When are you going to put one of these nights on when I can make it, no need to tell you this because I know you will, but.... have a great night as always.

Barry

Thank you Barry.

Hope your night is a cracker too - as it surely will be.

Looking forward to seeing you in NOVEMBER at the following Just Soul!

Next year we'll take note of each others gigs, for sure.

Cheers mate,

Sean

Guest topcatnumpty1

Sean and Tats ---I,VE only got one question --------"Ast tha got any stompers,y,know Soul Sam plays ,owt like that!!!!

Dont forget Rani,s birthday C.D. Sean!1

T.C

Guest Adam G

Well if the weathers like today twill be blinding actually if its pissing down twill be blinding!!!

looking forward to it lads . Best soul night for me music wise these days.

Bobby Womack getting me rewire and just soul all in the fortnight !! doesnt get better than that thumbsup.gif

Not Long Now Folks.................... I feel that Mr Womack may well be in attendance ..................... although not in person ............... I feel that he will be very well represented by his Music !!!!

Roll On Saturday!!

thumbsup.gif

Bully!

Edited by Bully Boy

Well if the weathers like today twill be blinding actually if its pissing down twill be blinding!!!

looking forward to it lads . Best soul night for me music wise these days.

Bobby Womack getting me rewire and just soul all in the fortnight !! doesnt get better than that :thumbsup:

Be over yours for about 3.30 Adam, looks like its gonna be a Womack night, that,ll do for me, can,t wait.

Kev

I could well need chaperoning...

The husband has just revealed he's feeling like shite, and would I mind if he didn't go?

I've told him he'll regret it if he doesn't - but that I would still have a great time even if all he could manage was taking me over and collecting me the next day :thumbsup:

Trying to get over for this with Mrs H, and break my Just Soul "duck".Not sure of the clientele though,hope you're all well behaved?.

Will tha be playing any stompers like,y'know,Soul sam tunes,Wigan stuff like? Owt on Ric-tic?

Request for "In orbit" - Tim Lovejoy and "Third finger webbed hand" for all the soulies.

Trying to get over for this with Mrs H, and break my Just Soul "duck".Not sure of the clientele though,hope you're all well behaved?.

Will tha be playing any stompers like,y'know,Soul sam tunes,Wigan stuff like? Owt on Ric-tic?

Request for "In orbit" - Tim Lovejoy and "Third finger webbed hand" for all the soulies.

Reckon it'll be right up your Street Kev.

You're well overdue a visit my friend.

An a bit o' Ric-Tic (in the form of the Fantastic Four if nothing else) is almost certainly on the cards.

:thumbsup:

Sean

:yes:

Lookin forward to havin a good old chinwag with Mrs H Kev :lol: I trust the old Avenger will make it?

You'll both love it, here's hopin they'll play proper soulie tunes like Lady In Bred and Cretin Mighty Crowded

Mrs P xx

Cant wait for the next helping of JUST SOUL ,weathers warming up again nicely , but we all know that one thing is guaranteed ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

THE MUSIC WILL BE RED HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this time tomorrow I'll be dollied up and on the dance floor

or

pissed and trying to get dollied up unsuccessfully prancing around my room, before falling down the stairs and making an entrance