Ad-Lib Club Lincoln"back To The Roots"21St May

Guest adlibsoul

Guest adlibsoul

Got to say another full-house with a terrific cross-section of folk from all over.New faces,regulars,all ages,different backgrounds creating the atmosphere that this little r&b club is fast becoming renowned for - the musics not bad either !!We've got to be doing something right with providing a night of rare and underplayed 50s/60s r&b,early soul,doo-wop,Jamaican r&b,ska that reflects the early days of the original underground scene.Another measure of the night is the number of excellent djs who come to enjoy the nights again and again.as paying guests.Ad-Libs present policy is to offer "up for the craic"spots of half- an- hour to these regular guys as it helps create an inclusive club vibe that all of us appreciate.It really must be a djs dream to play out part of ones collection in this unique,authentic cellar-bar venue.This is where the "if only --------!!! comes in.If only we could give every dj a spot who either asks, or who shows an interest,in joining in the "craic" of the night.At the moment we are working through a list so if you are one of those guys reading this you haven't been forgotten -as i think i mentioned on Saturday.Glenn from the Tune-up Club Hull played the "craic" spot on Saturday.His enthusiasm spread from behind the decks and onto the dance-floor and it was a pleasure to see and hear the crowds response.If you want to know as a dj what it's like to play out at this venue you should have been in Glenns company afterwards- buzzzing with a legal high !.We often take our regular djs for granted because they have always played for us at the club.I,m as guilty as anyone for this.After all, these are the guys who spend lots of money on their passion to share with us.lots of tracks many of us haven't heard played out before.They have also raised the music bar of the club to a higher level than it was even 2 years ago.To all of them i say a big thankyou.Ad-Lib has a policy of not getting complacent..We try to be forward looking and to add things to the night to keep it fresh.No room for nostalgia-The younger ones wouldn't stand for it (quite right) and the older ones don't want it !What the older supporters bring to the table is the knowledge of the original club scene so everything we do at Ad-Lib has to be authentic (wall decorations,posters,content in the dvd projections)or we would lose credibility-it's a mod thing really-attention to detail.

I would like to thank Kev Kuss,Kev and Clare for the sample cd compilations of their vinyl they gave me on Saturday night.Hours of listening which i'm thoroughly enjoying.On a lighter note i,m pleased Joe Lakin retrieved his vinyl purchase from the night even if it did take Joe,Linda,Av and Pete Jay, half that end of the room and the dismantling of the wall attached seats to get it !!!!!!!Hope it wasn't scratched.

Tickets are already gong fast for the September 17th night (25 went Saturday night alone which brings sales to about 50 of the 120 limit).Tickets available now at adlibsoul@yahoo.co.uk or tel 07989 717 043

Thanks to everyone for coming to the night and also thanks to those who are interested in our threads.Pictures of the night can be viewed on our Ad-Lib 50s/60sR&B/soul group facebook page.Thanks Glenn

Edited by adlibsoul
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

GLENN WE HAD ANOTHER CRACKING NIGHT AT THE AD-LIB.

AS YOU SAY - THIS PLACE OOZES ATMOSPHERE, FROM THE MOMENT YOU WALK DOWN THE STAIRS ITS LIKE STEPPING BACK IN TIME TO CLUBS WE WENT TO BACK IN THE 60s.

ALL DJs DELIVERED QUALITY MUSIC ALL NIGHT TO A GREAT FRIENDLY CROWD KEEPING THE DANCEFLOOR BUSY FROM START TO FINISH :hatsoff2: .

THE DOWNSIDE WAS 12-15 CAME TOO QUICK yes.gif

HOPE WE DIDN'T DO TOO MUCH DAMAGE RETRIEVING JOES RECORD FROM DOWN THE BACK OF THE SEATS :thumbsup:

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEPTEMBER FOR OUR NEXT VISIT :yes:

PETE

Guest glenn sps 1969

i,d just like to say it was an absolute pleasure to play the craic spot on saturday nite the response was great and the club was buzzing right from the off the atmosphere was once again fantastic. muchos muchos respect from the hull massive just wish i,d had time to play gino parks. thanks to glenn and all fellow dj,s see you in september.

Guest adlibsoul

[

:thumbsup: .

HOPE WE DIDN'T DO TOO MUCH DAMAGE RETRIEVING JOES RECORD FROM DOWN THE BACK OF THE SEATS laugh.gif

quote]

The builders are due to finish repairing the room by mid-July

Guest adlibsoul

Seriously Pete and Glenn.,thanks for your kind words.It is especially nice when we find out that folk who travel do so in the knowledge they will get a good night in a full venue.Long wait for the next one in Lincoln but we are hoping for a July weekend night in a Soho cellar-bar.Sort of Ad-Lib and Friends on Tour !!!A weekend away shopping/sight seeing and a night out with friends in the worlds favourite city-just the job !

Source Advert