2011-08-28: Brighton Got Soul Allnighter

Event Title: BRIGHTON GOT SOUL ALLNIGHTER

Event Author: docrobert

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sun 28 August 2011

-------------------------------------------------

Brighton Got Soul is back for another allnighter session at the fabulous Komedia Theatre, Brighton.

Super DJ line-up starring GINGER TAYLOR, CHRIS DALE, JO WALLACE, NICK HACKETT & SI BRIDGER

Top venue 500 capacity with all night bar, huge wooden dancefloor and tip top sound system for your dancing delight!

This event has sold out last four years so grab a ticket from the box office www.komedia.co.uk/brighton/information/tickets

photo.php?fbid=10150250297358834&set=a.427394048833.216428.701533833&type=1&theater

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by docrobert
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 11
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Will post some potential playlists up over the next few days with a taster of what you can expect from the jocks!

Chris Dale playlist

Here's a selection of my dj set:

Gene Toones - What more do you want - Simco

Volumes - Ain't gonna give you up - Karen

Booby Kline - Say something nice to me - MB

TY Karim - You just don't know - Rymark

Ruby Sherry - Feminine Ingenuity - Take 6

Vivian Carroll - Oh Yeah yeah yeah - Merben

Jimmy Burns - Your'e gonna miss me when I'm gone - Tiptop

Constellations - I don't know about you - Gemini

Cleveland Robinson - Love is a trap - nosninbor

Judy Hughes - Fine, Fine Fine - Vault

Think this is my fifth year at jocking this event & it gets better every year, i'm generally fairly blase about spinning tunes nowadays but this event is special & i'm genuinely humbled to get the call from Rob again, over the years at this event i've spun alongside the likes of Ginger Taylor, Roger Banks, Irish Greg etc, all of whom i've aspired over the years to be able to build even a fraction of their superb collections!

Also spinning alongside the likes of Chris Dale each year who can be very daunting to follow as he never fails to take the dancefloor by storm so if you're not on your metal when you're playing alongside these guys then you're gonna look like some amateur who's gatecrashed the party.

Here's a few from me that always seem to do the business at this event, got a few tasty treats to throw in also:

Huns Review - Don't make me love you @ Sorro

Frank Foster - Harlem Rumble @ Triode

Blue jays - Point of view @ Jay

Chaumonts- Now you've gone @ Bay Sound

Shawn Robinson - My dear heart @ Minit

Really looking forward to the evening, this is the best event in Brighton by far, it's the one nighter down here that everyone comes out to!

Hey Steve & Simon, Look forward to catching up fellas!

Ticket update just 100 left for the Sunday now don't leave it too late!

Ginger raised the roof off last two years and here is a little taster of what you can expect from the Lancs Legend!

1. this is my rainy day- parliaments

2. if you want to hold on- j t parker

3. love cant be modernised / theres that mountain- trips

4. he'll be loving you- nancy wilcox

5. dont play that role- tommy & the derbys

6. before 2001-rufus wood

7. suprise / foolish girl- c/up

8. youre not loving a begginer- jessie fisher

9. funky funky- brenda brookes

10. do the pearl girl part 2- mattababy

Hi Simsy, Wow really been away at our Spanish event Euro Ye Ye and missed it what show was that and what did they say?

Best Rob

Yeah Zoe Ball mate on R2. She'd said something about wishing she could learn to dance ns style and about lessons etc. I emailed in saying about the nighter in the Komedia tonight and a good place to start etc - and yeah, she read the lot out. :thumbsup:

A huge thanks to everyone who came and kept the floor full from midnight to six what a fantastic atmosphere. Big shout to the DJ's Ginger, Jo Wallace, Chris Dale, Nick Hackett & Si Bridger who were immense. Special thanks to everyone who helped over the weekend and especially the venue staff. Same time next year!

PS Next big bash on Sat 22 October CROSSFIRE @ 229 tickets go www.229thevenue.co.uk

Cheers Rob

Edited by docrobert

Source Advert