Supremes / Originals - Back By Popular Demand

Guest Paul

Guest Paul

THE SUPREMES AND THE ORIGINALS - 'Back By Popular Demand' (DJ Edit) / (Original Version)

Beatin' Rhythm Records BRS 1001

7" single

Release date: June 2011

Available from Soulmine Ltd / Beatin' Rhythm (Manchester) and leading outlets

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images

quite like this yes.gif bit twee but has something :thumbsup:

Steve

bound to be critiscised though(unfortunately) because of one name among the credits

The " one name " you make reference to on the credits of " BBPD " was an integral part of the record's production , and it was public knowledge who was " behind " it .

This did not hamper or stop the record being applauded and given highly creditable reviews on the basis of its' artistic and production merits .

The record still sounds good after 11 years , and should again be judged on its' merits , not on who was involved .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Seems an odd choice for re-release, saying that I've always liked this record and wouldn't part with mine, certainly has something about it.

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Paul

Hello again,

There's quite a demand for this track but it isn't easy to find the original LP which was released back in 1990. It also had a limited 7" issue in the US but they used the full album version and it was mastered at low volume.

This new 7" single has been remastered so it's nice and loud and has a new radio edit on the 'A' side with the longer version on the flip.

By the way, my involvement is with mastering and manufacturing etc. The Beatin' Rhythm label is owned by Derek Mead of Soulmine (he also owns the Beatin' Rhythm shop in Manchester now) so all enquiries should be directed to Soulmine.

But I can say that Derek has some interesting things planned for Beatin' Rhythm Records.

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert