Central Soul Club @ The Nottingham & Union Rowing Club

Guest jonnysoul

Guest jonnysoul

Hi All

Arrived about 7-15pm myself and Jim started proceedings by playing some lesser known and underplayed Motown,next came Colin Brindley from Northants great spot right across the board music.Then came the maestro himself Mick H fantastic spot as always best of the spot Don Gardner,Mello Souls and Al Williams.Then myself and Jim finished off again playing some oldies,R&B and a few 70's.Hopefully a great night was had by all sorry to see Jim do his last spot but brilliant it was!!!

See you all next time

JONO

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks once again to Mall / Gaz and all the DJs for a crackin night of across the board soul . Was great to hear the lesser known and under played motown and from a personal view the best sound around :ohmy: . Mick H & Colin had people up on the floor with some awesome tunes well done lads . Jim & Johnno well what can i say didn't they do well and if that was Jim's last spot then that was the way to bow out pal :no: two fantastic spots by two fantastic lads .It was also good to see the young Mod's enjoying themselves out on the floor :hatsoff2: ........ All the best Mark (Bam) and Mrs Bam

Guest jonnysoul

Thanks Bam always love playing down at the Union glad you enjoyed the music!!!Have to say it is always a pleasure to play to such a great crowd!!!!Also i'm sure Jim would say the same thankyou for the kind words it makes it all worth while!!!Can't wait till the next one

JONO

Yep! had a great night down the old Union. For me it was great to see Mick back,banging out the rare stuff and some nice choice cuts from his Union days from my point of view it was spot on :lol: . Thought Colin Brindle played some nice bits early in his spot,was left alone and played stuff the "big" DJs wont touch...very good :lol: . Also had a fab time doing a double dose of double decking with Jono...loved it. Sadly that was my last time (SORRY BAM) unless there is more of the underplayed motown wanted there wont be no more Northern soul spun by me. Again big thanks to Gaz & Mal for the invite to come and spin a few choons for them.... Loved every minute of it.

:lol: See you all soon :yes:

Hi All

Arrived about 7-15pm myself and Jim started proceedings by playing some lesser known and underplayed Motown,next came Colin Brindley from Northants great spot right across the board music.Then came the maestro himself Mick H fantastic spot as always best of the spot Don Gardner,Mello Souls and Al Williams.Then myself and Jim finished off again playing some oldies,R&B and a few 70's.Hopefully a great night was had by all sorry to see Jim do his last spot but brilliant it was!!!

See you all next time

JONO

Thanks Jono for kicking off the feedback.....................Saturday was as the flyer says....Across The Board with open Box music Policy........and it was well done to all the DJ's...........Thanks also to all who joined us at the Union and Jim thanks for all your input at both venue's..........:thumbsup: .......The underplayed Motown went down well with all.............

Regards Mal.....................SOUL SURVIVORS POLISH EAGLE CLUB NOTTINGHAM...................FRIDAY JUNE 3rd..................