Heaven In The Afternoon.clitheroe

A Big Thankyou to Everybody who once again made the Day

another Brilliant one, A lot of events Bull themselves up(not all!) so people

will think they have missed out,! well thankfully that is not the case with this

event . The place was rammed.!!

The Hall filled up very quickly as if it were the last Soul DO! before the world ended, people picking out a table to use a base for the Afternoon,then up n dancing.

"Malc" was first up playing a selection of tunes from the late 50.s to brand new releases

all of which were well recieved from a crowd who are not all stuck in the "Wigan" time warp.?

Then it was "Me" up, I stuck to the tried & tested formula of 60,70,s because I hate seeing an Empty dance floor

As we all know playing new/rare stuff can be a thankless task & people say,"He was Crap" I didnt know

some of those??.DOE.!!

Next up "Dave Lowe" who in his inimitable way carried on from were Me & Malc left off and had the place

bouncing,again 60,s 70s.In my opinion Dave is one of the Best D.Js around

next up "Plumby" who bouyed up by the success of the previous night at the LEY INN nr Chorley continued to keep everybody on the floor with some of his

fantastic 90.s 2000 + tunes(my brother said "Wow" why do they not play these tunes at more soul nights.I've not heard these before) & I said how long have you got!!!

then" GINGER" was up, what can you say ,he had the floor bursting to capacity as usual.

We dont have a "Do"(proper Lanky speak) now till SUNDAY, BANK HOLIDAY/AUGUST 28th. So have a great Summer (if you get one!) & I'll See you all then.

Steve. ( wish they had Spellcheck on here!!)

photo is Dave Lowe on the Decks. No not on the deck? "on the decks!!

post-6257-0-58204100-1306754959_thumb.jp

Edited by campagnolo 1
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest alfroggy

Glad to hear The Grand Sunday Soul Session went well Steve, by some of the photos pretty busy too, look forward to seeing Yourself & Ann this coming

Saturday at The Blackburn Golf Club Soul Event....Atb Froggy & Rita & Ktf Crew thumbsup.gif

Glad to hear The Grand Sunday Soul Session went well Steve, by some of the photos pretty busy too, look forward to seeing Yourself & Ann this coming

Saturday at The Blackburn Golf Club Soul Event....Atb Froggy & Rita & Ktf Crew thumbsup.gif

Thanks Al. look forward to seeing you & all the Preston Crew at the Golf club

Photos of last Sunday's "Heaven in the Afternoon" now in Member's Albums(my mistake)

havent been able to load up photo's recently it's very complicated to do.more so now.!!!

next up "Plumby" who bouyed up by the success of the previous night at the LEY INN nr Chorley continued to keep everybody on the floor with some of his

fantastic 90.s 2000 + tunes(my brother said "Wow" why do they not play these tunes at more soul nights.I've not heard these before) & I said how long have you got!!!

Hiya Steve

Really enjoyed HITA yesterday mate (always do as you know!)

This had me puzzled though?

I looked at the tunes i'd played yesterday and the breakdown was roughly half 60's and half 70's

Did you mean tunes that have mainly been popular since the 90's, 2000+

I think that's what you meant and it was good to chuck a few left field 70's tunes in that seemed to be well received by the crowd along with well known 60's and 70's anthems.

The crowd is always great at HITA and the atmosphere when that floor is rocking is second to none!

Take care and looking forward to August 28th already :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb

Sounds & looks (pictures) like everyone had a great time as per usual, Unfortunately couldn't make this one due to work commitments :(, and just to rub salt into the wound I can't make August either due to being away on hols shades.gif

Will be trying my best to get to the Golf Club as my feet are getting an irritable itch to get back onto a dance floor :D, if I can't make it then have a super night and will probably see you in September @ the Grand.

Hiya Steve

Really enjoyed HITA yesterday mate (always do as you know!)

This had me puzzled though?

I looked at the tunes i'd played yesterday and the breakdown was roughly half 60's and half 70's

Did you mean tunes that have mainly been popular since the 90's, 2000+

I think that's what you meant and it was good to chuck a few left field 70's tunes in that seemed to be well received by the crowd along with well known 60's and 70's anthems.

The crowd is always great at HITA and the atmosphere when that floor is rocking is second to none!

Take care and looking forward to August 28th already :D

Cheers

Steve

Stevie,"You got me."!!! I didn't actually hear most of your set as it was my turn on the door (in the corridor).As my Brother mentioned that he had'nt

heard a lot of your choices(he does'nt go to many soul do's!!),but did mention Colleen &Webb("2000 +) I wrongly assumed you were in that era,so using a bit of Journalistic licence

I tried to make the Blurb interesting, Trust you to have a "bloody "play list. Why are you so Organised.?? see you in Sept.Steve. p.s.that was the best set I NEVER HEARD.!!

Edited by campagnolo 1

Sounds & looks (pictures) like everyone had a great time as per usual, Unfortunately couldn't make this one due to work commitments :(, and just to rub salt into the wound I can't make August either due to being away on hols shades.gif

Will be trying my best to get to the Golf Club as my feet are getting an irritable itch to get back onto a dance floor :D, if I can't make it then have a super night and will probably see you in September @ the Grand.

HI Footstomper,you were missed!!would love to see you at Blackburn Golf Club on Saturday(Eddy's on)but if you can't make it look forward to seeing you in Sept. Steve.

Stevie,"You got me."!!! I didn't actually hear most of your set as it was my turn on the door (in the corridor).As my Brother mentioned that he had'nt

heard a lot of your choices(he does'nt go to many soul do's!!),but did mention Colleen &Webb("2000 +) I wrongly assumed you were in that era,so using a bit of Journalistic licence

I tried to make the Blurb interesting, Trust you to have a "bloody "play list. Why are you so Organised.?? see you in Sept.Steve. p.s.that was the best set I NEVER HEARD.!!

The 'best set I never heard' like it Steve :D

Gotta pull you again though................I have NEVER played Colleen & Webb ANYWHERE I hate the bloody thing, always have ohmy.gif

I took a leaf out of Des Jones' book from last month and played an unknown rarity from a little band called the O'Jays.............Backstabbers I think it's called :(:lol: :lol:

Think you're getting too old mate...............which reminds me that we'll be doing our darndest to get to your 60th in October

Take care

Mr Picky

The 'best set I never heard' like it Steve :rolleyes:

Gotta pull you again though................I have NEVER played Colleen & Webb ANYWHERE I hate the bloody thing, always have :D

I took a leaf out of Des Jones' book from last month and played an unknown rarity from a little band called the O'Jays.............Backstabbers I think it's called laugh.gif:D:lol:

Think you're getting too old mate...............which reminds me that we'll be doing our darndest to get to your 60th in October

Take care

Mr Picky

Remind me not to get in a debate with you!!please read "Journalistic licence" & go with the flow.

by the way "Shh" dont let on I;m nearly 60. Have a great Summer Steve see you in Aug.

(now let me read that back & check it)?

Remind me not to get in a debate with you!!please read "Journalistic licence" & go with the flow.

by the way "Shh" dont let on I;m nearly 60. Have a great Summer Steve see you in Aug.

(now let me read that back & check it)?

Hee Hee only messing with you Mr Wilde :rolleyes:

Sorry, was I not to tell anyone you are SIXTY this year? Oops :D

Cheers

Steve