Kim Katrell....tyson Records

• Replies 23
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Catherine Miller on Amazon is a typo you can see the correct info on the CD cover. Though from what you say it looks like a Catherine Miller composition.

all the sites selling it list it as Catherine Miller so must be a fault of the CD manufacturer when tagging the track.

Social source share

Very rare, old Colin Law biggie. Can someone post a sound file in refosoul....Jock if you're reading?

Afraid not mate, although sure you won't be surprised the title dragged me in, always loved this record, it was me who came up with the Valerie Simpson c/u title, VS being one of my favourite singers and I thought it was very similar in vocal phrasing.

Never really seen many copies of this at all, probably not right for today's tempo terrorists either :hatsoff2:

I do have it on one of my tapes from years ago, unfortunately have about 1000 tapes in one bag and 1000 track lists in another, so not an easy find, My first task of my retirement will be to bring them all together.....

Social source share

Afraid not mate, although sure you won't be surprised the title dragged me in, always loved this record, it was me who came up with the Valerie Simpson c/u title, VS being one of my favourite singers and I thought it was very similar in vocal phrasing.

Never really seen many copies of this at all, probably not right for today's tempo terrorists either :hatsoff2:

I do have it on one of my tapes from years ago, unfortunately have about 1000 tapes in one bag and 1000 track lists in another, so not an easy find, My first task of my retirement will be to bring them all together.....

tempo terrorists :ohmy:

I've downloaded the track via iTunes so will add to refosoul. Guess your right about it not being right for today and knew you came up with the cover up name. Colin said at the Wilton you had it on tape that's why I asked.

Hope you are well pal, you at Cleggy?

Social source share

Guest Perception

Kim Katrell - Did You See Her Last Night - Tyson

Takes me right back to the Scotland Shotts, Allanton allnighters in the late 80's, early 90's!!!!

Edited by Perception
Social source share

I paid £400.00 about three years ago and I don't think I've seen one since.

Saus played it at the last Wilton and as far as I'm concerned it's PERFECT for today's scene! But what do I know aye? - I'm a Midtempo Activist! :O)

I was told it was a Soul Sam discovery - Is that correct?

By the way, is there a thread that lists / discusses who discovered certian records, who broke them and what were the cover up names? I find that fascinating and believe folk should know who did all the hard work / took the risks ref the sounds we are enjoying today.

All the best,

Len.

"A wasted weekend is not a wasted weekend!" :O)

Social source share

I paid £400.00 about three years ago and I don't think I've seen one since.

Saus played it at the last Wilton and as far as I'm concerned it's PERFECT for today's scene! But what do I know aye? - I'm a Midtempo Activist! :O)

I was told it was a Soul Sam discovery - Is that correct?

By the way, is there a thread that lists / discusses who discovered certian records, who broke them and what were the cover up names? I find that fascinating and believe folk should know who did all the hard work / took the risks ref the sounds we are enjoying today.

All the best,

Len.

"A wasted weekend is not a wasted weekend!" :O)

Got this on a tape from the early nineties Len, which contained some of Sam's stuff including the Anne Sexton c/u etc. so could be right ? I will dig it out for you.................. think this thread is over .............it is now !

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Got this on a tape from the early nineties Len, which contained some of Sam's stuff including the Anne Sexton c/u etc. so could be right ? I will dig it out for you.................. think this thread is over .............it is now !

:rolleyes:

I don't remember Sam playing it in the late 80's? I remember it as a Colin Law biggie Shotts era.

Social source share

• 6 months later...

Just reading a few old topics and saw this. It was Colin Law where I first heard it and iI got my copy about 15 years or so ago for 100 pounds off Ian Cunliffe. I sold my Hyperions that night for same price to get it. I now no longer have either which probably wins me plonker of the last decade.....

Social source share

Just reading a few old topics and saw this. It was Colin Law where I first heard it and iI got my copy about 15 years or so ago for 100 pounds off Ian Cunliffe. I sold my Hyperions that night for same price to get it. I now no longer have either which probably wins me plonker of the last decade.....

i dont know about that. i think i can top that swapping cecil washington and the tomangoes for a vivien carroll on merben :rofl:

incidentally kk was the last record i ever listened to before refosoul bit the dust

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

I think many of us have kicked ourselves over the years regarding our much loved vinyl.. Bad decisions are not ithe memories of great times remain and the excitement of once owning such great tunes which we could not wait to put that needle on and play at full whack when we got home... Priceless...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!