Metrodome Barnsley Sunday 29Th May

Guest al big n bouncy

Guest al big n bouncy

A very big THANK YOU to Yockie, Nel, Joy and Jean for giving me the chance to play at the metrodome - it was a wonderful night and I loved it.

All the DJ's played very good sets which the dancers appreciated as the floor was full.

Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

All the Soul Cake crew enjoyed themselves.

Can't wait for August and the next Metrodome.

Magic night and fantastic promoters and a very welcoming crowd.

Big Bouncy Al

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest aaz19tdi

A very big THANK YOU to Yockie, Nel, Joy and Jean for giving me the chance to play at the metrodome - it was a wonderful night and I loved it.

All the DJ's played very good sets which the dancers appreciated as the floor was full.

Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

All the Soul Cake crew enjoyed themselves.

Can't wait for August and the next Metrodome.

Magic night and fantastic promoters and a very welcoming crowd.

Big Bouncy Al

Same here , big thanks to Nel and Jean for the B+B, top night out even if i was under the weather, Metrodome never fails dance floor proves that with all dj,s who played, well done Yocky Joy Nel and Jean, thanks for giving Al the chance i think he rose to the occasion great to hear dj,s promotors and punters asking "who is that what a set" we want him on at our do,s, well get yourselves to the Soul Cake and you can hear him anytime all ovo aswell...................

the big man...........

bigAlatthemetrodomeawsome.jpg

Me giving it some with El Nel approving of the moves laugh.gif........

meandelnelapprovinghaha.jpg

Soul cake and Black hearts"watch this spacewink.gif"

mepeteandsue.jpg

cheers to Ian "bellychest" for the pics i nicked them off your bookface accountlaugh.gifthumbsup.gif

Thank you Al for setting this threat off . Along with Mick Moylan . Ginger Taylor , John Poole and John Benson thank you for a top drawer night of music . The Dance floor is probably worn out today it was so busy. In times of financial hardship for everyone Nel, Jean, Alex, Heather, Mark, Lol, Geordie, Yocky and I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for your support on this event. We have had 3 events very close together and we have had an amazing amount of people coming to them all . Amazing and very humbled.

Just a little info on our Christmas Special on the 27th December 2011 . As you know we always try to give back a lttile something in one way or another to everyone for the support throughout the year . This year we are putting an extra room on with :

Arena 1

Mick H

Danny Clegg

Carol Gilboy

Ian Willis and Rick Bramell

Studio 2

Mark and Geordie

With Barry Coooper

Studio 1

Carl and Maria Willingham

Ted Massey

Mick H

Simon Bray

Julie Derby

With Alex and Yocky and in despatches El Nel in Ozz !!!

A bIg thank you to everyone Love Jx and Yocky

Guest elnel

BIG AL,WENDY, LEE, AND KATH ,ITS A ABSOLUTE PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU LOT DOWN THIS WAY , I TRULY THINK LAST NIGHT WAS THE BEST YET AT THE PLEASURE DOME ,ALL THE DJS HIT THE NAIL SMACK ON ,AND I KNOW PEOPLE WILL SAY IM BIAS ,BUT I THINK THE GENTLE GIANT ALLSO KNOWN AS BIG AL PLAYED THE SPOT OF THE NIGHT ,HE WAS AWSOME MATE ,NAILED PEOPLE TO THE DANCE FLOOR FROM HIS FIRST RECORD TO HIS LAST ,FANTASTIC STUFF ,THANKS AGAIN FOR COMING DOWN ,HOPE TO SEE YA ALL AGAIN SOON XXXhatsoff2.gif

last night was really stompin ! the sound system was bang on , all the soulies well up for a good time on the floor even after a friday and saturday out already thumbsup.gif Metrodome at it's best !

soul cake's big Al played a great spot and really set the night up for those to follow ... first time iv'e met him, what a nice guy ! .. no wonder "soul Cake" has such a good name for quality nights ! with people like Lee n' Al it will go from strength to strength :rolleyes: and yes a "Blackhearts" venture is on the cards !

All the DJ's did fine spots with a nice mix .. giving the hard core to the casual soulie a dance and a great time !

nice one "soulcrew" yer done it again thumbsup.gif awsome !

pete n' susan ktf

BLACKHEART SOUL NOTTINGHAM .. JUNE 5TH .. "SUNDAY BEAT" ALL DAYER .. 3.00 PM TILL 9.00PM

+++ OLDIES ALL NIGHTER 22ND OCTOBER only £8.00 www.blackheartsoul.co.ukNOW WITH TWO ROOMS !!

Edited by casper

got to agree with all thats been said :lol:.

Once again , a pleasure to have been there on Sunday .

The assembled crowd were obviously were up for it , which meant there was an excellent atmosphere within the main hall .

The music during the evening was again creditable , with all of the DJs seemingly putting thought and effort into choice of records for their sets , and I especially enjoyed Big Al's spot .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Guest BrandySistaShirl

Once again , a pleasure to have been there on Sunday .

The assembled crowd were obviously were up for it , which meant there was an excellent atmosphere within the main hall .

The music during the evening was again creditable , with all of the DJs seemingly putting thought and effort into choice of records for their sets , and I especially enjoyed Big Al's spot .

Malc

great night.................i agree with mr burton.:wub:

i too enjoyed big als set.:thumbsup::wave:

and oh boy did i enjoy listening to ................THE PASSIONS.:lol: X

THANKS TO METRODOME CREW FOR ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT.:yes::lol: X

A very big well done to big al, what a spot and a half. you really did do a cracking job mate, everyone just danced all the way through, you did well getting the floor packed. all the guest did great jobs. as usual the sound system was on top form. mick likes to make sure its right for everyone. a big thanks to joy, yocky, nel and jean for letting me dj., proud to dj at this place. cheers. Alex simms

Guest al big n bouncy

Thank you for all your wonderfull comments and for making us all so welcome.

I'm so pleased you all enjoyed my spot.

Hopefully you will see me playing out and about very soon.

Many thanks from the Soul Cake Crew and Big Bouncy Al

Guest Stretford

brilliant night,only second time we've been,definately back in August,great sets,great people.

shall recommend this night out to all our local soulies, thanx a lot. Kimberley Soul crew.

Guest rushden

Good on ya cobber sounds like ya done Northamptonshire proud mate ( nice one) . D'jing at the Metrodome is a memory and then some! An amazing Venue full of some of the most passionate '' SOULIE'S WALKING THIS PLANET '' best Johnny red pants in da cold ( 16c today) .