Fave tune

I've seen Mr. Mischeif's 'Most prized 45' topic, but a lot of these may be where they are due to sentimental value and other soppy stuff like that. This is why I thought it would be interesting to find out what your fave record is. It doesn't have to be in your collection, but if the value is owt less than £50, it bloody well ought to be!! Sooooooo hit me with the proper stuff!!

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Trevski

Patrinell Statten "Little love affair" Sepia

Contacted her last year, asking if she was the same person who recorded little love affair.

reply came back- "Yes I am, and before you ask, no I haven't!"

Still... I beter go check my lottery ticket..............!

Social source share

Patrinell Statten "Little love affair" Sepia

Contacted her last year, asking if she was the same person who recorded little love affair.

reply came back- "Yes I am, and before you ask, no I haven't!"

Still... I beter go check my lottery ticket..............!

And here is her photo....

post-1-1092581196_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Tolbert - I got it - Rojack and no i bloody well haven't but if some kind soul out there has one please contact me off list ;o)))

John

Social source share

Oh and another thing, does anyone own a copy of Matt Brown - Everyday on Jar-Val? I've just ordered a copy but after seeing the pic from the guy I bought it off, the type and label design seems very different to the one copy I've seen before. And could anyone give me an idea of it's value? I was told about £3,000 and that there were only a few copies nockin' about, but thought this was a bit daft really.

Let me know.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Billy can't help you with the value but i'm sure Christian can if you mail him but if you follow the link there is a scan and a sound file there amongst many others a great site BTW

MATT BROWN SCAN

Cheers

JoT

Social source share

Ta Jon, site helped. Mine is a real 'un - the one I saw was yellow with light red/orange type as is 'Thank You Baby', or at least I think it was... I may be mistaken, it happens often. I can't believe what a bargain this was!! One of my top tunes of the mo and one I thought I'd never get my hands on is one I've just picked up for a snippet over £10. The dealer had it down as 'rare pop'. Ha... Pop?! So... How much is it worth?

Social source share

i cant say i have a favourite tune

My top tune changes week by week and changes by what mood im in

at this very moment in time its

Harvey Avern dozen..never learned to dance...uptite

probably a new tune will be my fave this time next week

and im in a bad mood due to evertons display today

Social source share

Room full of tears..It got a play from Mr Smith at the 100 club on Sat and i had to go up on stage to give him a kiss..Had a chance to buy this for 20 quid in the 80s..oooooooooh that tune makes me go weak..Shane heard the tune for the first time on Sat..what a treat for a very very nice man...Does this tune do it for any of you other folk...

Social source share

I think my fave of the mo is "The Hamnilton Movement - She's Gone" but as Daz said, it changes weekly.

This is a relatively new discovery of mine - i've only known it about 6 months and now i think it's fab!! But my oldie fave is probably "high keys - livin A Lie" - just awesome!

Has anybody got a yeller High Keys up for sale?? I Can offer good and valuable trades.

Social source share

Jerry Williams - If you ask me. Yes I know its not rare but when me and 200 others sang along with him in LA (the old Swamp dog) a few months ago, it got the tingling up to max effect. According to the KRL book someone had the words tattooed on their back(RIP), so it has stood the test of time. On a rare disc (at least the original) my member name 'tomangoes - Really love you' is also almost the perfect NS choice.

Ed

Social source share

Jerry Williams - If you ask me. Yes I know its not rare but when me and 200 others sang along with him in LA (the old Swamp dog) a few months ago, it got the tingling up to max effect. According to the KRL book someone had the words tattooed on their back(RIP), so it has stood the test of time. On a rare disc (at least the original) my member name 'tomangoes - Really love you' is also almost the perfect NS choice.

Ed

Pete Lawson on his chest, or I thnk it was that one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!