Papa Bear & Cubs - You're So Fine

• Replies 30
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Didn't JM auction one for a lot more, better nick of course, recently?

Suppose question of demand. It was only fetching around £800 when top DJ's hammering it few years ago so can't really understand the willingness to pay such an amount for such a boring record. Got sick to death of hearing the thing at one time.

Social source share

Suppose question of demand. It was only fetching around £800 when top DJ's hammering it few years ago so can't really understand the willingness to pay such an amount for such a boring record. Got sick to death of hearing the thing at one time.

:D

Social source share

I have to say I quite like it, its the sparse naivety that I like, but I'm sure Dave Thorley sold one recently for far less than this ???......I dont mind paying market price for discs on my 'wants' if I'm a bit flush, but some people will pay almost anything seemingly !. At the end of the day people can & will pay what they feel a disc is worth its there perogative, but I thought this was over the top for the condition.

Best Russ

Social source share

I could never call this a boring tune ?

I could I never sell it if I owned it ... I asked Soul Sam onceif he rowuld sell his and he replied oh no no I could never part with my bear :D

Let me be the 1st to say it's not a masterpiece of soulful strings and harmonies etc etc ,nor is it a tug on the emotions ......

Its one of those tunes that comes along ,that somehow does'nt conform to the norm but it just works :yes:

Me thinks some people judge a record too much for the aritstic merit ,opposed to the fact ,it's just a dancefloor winner :D

Rather than disect the actual sound quality ...just enjoy it for the fact it's different :lol:

Social source share

Let me be the 1st to say it's not a masterpiece of soulful strings and harmonies etc etc ,nor is it a tug on the emotions ......

Its one of those tunes that comes along ,that somehow does'nt conform to the norm but it just works :yes:

Me thinks some people judge a record too much for the aritstic merit ,opposed to the fact ,it's just a dancefloor winner :D

Rather than disect the actual sound quality ...just enjoy it for the fact it's different :lol:

Its called the X Factor & its what gives NS that something special you can never quite pin down :D.

Russ

Social source share

Its one of those tunes that comes along ,that somehow does'nt conform to the norm but it just works :D

Rather than disect the actual sound quality ...just enjoy it for the fact it's different :yes:

I do find it a boring track now Nev but probably the fact that it got absolutely hammered that put me off these days. But like you say it's the dancefloor that matters and I don't have a problem with that.

Social source share

The thing to remember Chalks is it got hammered at the venues you go to , I must say that I only got into it last year :thumbsup: and it does appear to me one that always draws the dancers tot he floor on the 'soul night circuit' ... not being a night owl I can't comment on it being hammered at nighters so I take your point.

Carms

Social source share

I always wonder is it best for a sound to have an instant appeal or one that grows on you .

But then maybe its better to think in terms of personal preference some sounds to the listener can be heard over and over again and still have the same initial appeal.

Don't think it makes any difference really, many that are instant winners are very soon instantly forgettable but then many that are instant stay with you forever.

Social source share

Guest audiavant

Don't think it makes any difference really, many that are instant winners are very soon instantly forgettable but then many that are instant stay with you forever.

That pretty much covers all the bases.:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Sorry to be such a nitpicker Mike................Its not Shang A Lang but actually Gary Glitter "Rock And Roll" Part 1 or 2 ! Nice !

Social source share

It used to be a £600 record about 5/6 years ago Russ but like a lot of 7"s have jumped up now there`s a buzz.

I got put off playing this ages ago cos a dealer who i used to buy off told me the intro sounded like showaddywaddy and since that day i can`t play it no more without thinking of that :rolleyes::thumbup: ..

I won`t sell it in case i regret it :wicked:

Social source share

It originally started as a rod dearglove front page £6 item in the mid nineties and that's where I got mine. I think he had 6-7 of them......

I think the one here , was from Rod @ £6 .The buyer felt he'd been had at the time laugh.gif

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

It originally started as a rod dearglove front page £6 item in the mid nineties and that's where I got mine. I think he had 6-7 of them......

Correct and it did first appear on the sales tape service supplied by Rod. Overlooked by many at the time as VFTS had better records available. Forget the intro - It was the name of the group that turned me off. But it was great to hear the Gouch play this some years ago on the Shaun Robbins show, it sounded "more inviting" on the ears. Once popular with the "rare circle" and like so many records in the past- Papa and his Cubes may have reach its destination or is it still swimming against the tide. If anything its endured longevity. Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

It used to be a £600 record about 5/6 years ago Russ but like a lot of 7"s have jumped up now there`s a buzz.

I got put off playing this ages ago cos a dealer who i used to buy off told me the intro sounded like showaddywaddy and since that day i can`t play it no more without thinking of that :lol::shades: ..

I won`t sell it in case i regret it :wave:

Heyup Bud........never regret the ones you sold........regret the ones you never bought, but had the chance of :lol:

SELL SELL SELL SELL :wave:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!