The Sink Is Back

Liverpool's SINK SOUL CLUB is now back in action at their new venue housed inside The Cabin Club at the top of Wood Street opposite St.Luke's ('Bombed-Out') Church on the corner of Leece Street and Berry Street.

Opening Night will be Saturday 2nd July, from 9pm to 3am.

DJs will include Stan Evans, Pete Everett and Dennis Haw, with Guests to be announced in due course.

The club has two floors. The Sink will be on one floor and The Go-Go Cage will be on the other.

There will be a good mix of music on both floors and entry is just £3.

Keep an eye on this thread as more details follow.

Edited by denbo
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great news it has been certainly missed, hope to get to the first one guys!!!!

Please come over and say hello when you arrive, as I'm trying to put faces to real names with folk off here and Modculture.

Thanks.

Edited by denbo

Me also. See you on the 2nd.

Pat, please come over and say hello when you arrive, as I've not seen you since we last met at the Radcliffe Nighter many moons ago. It'll be nice to touch base with you again.

Denbo.

The first Soul club in the Uk i ever attended many moons ago!! has a special place in my heart this club and i'll try and support this also when i can. One of the best venues in the Uk in my humble opinion...

L

Thanks L,

I hope the new venue lives up to your expectations.

The new venue is as old, if not older, than the Magnet, where the Sink was in the basement.

What is it about basement venues???? :o)

Denbo.

is it going to be all r&b

Absolutely not. It'll be mostly Soul from the early to mid sixties, with a little bit of R&B mixed in, both black American and British blue-eyed.

Don't get confused with me and my R&B nights. The Sink is a sixties Soul Club, always will be. I mean, just look at Stan Evans and Pete Everett and the collections they've got.

If you went to the Sink Soul Club at the Magnet when it was ran by Stan Evans & Patrick Costigan, with me and Pete Everett assisting as resident DJs, then it'll be just the same. Except now, we've all got better collections to dip into to keep our customers happy and on the dancefloor.

Hope this alleviates your concerns and we'' see you there come 2nd July.

Denbo.

Here's some further information for 2nd July . . . Thanks Gordon. :thumbsup:

Upstairs - The Sink, 60's Club Soul, R'n'B, Mod Sounds and Ska

Downstairs - The Go-Go Cage, 60's Garage and Beat, R'n'B, Surf, Rock'n'Roll and Stompin Soul plus two live Garage bands the 'Shook Ups' and 'El Toro'.

9.30pm till 3am £3.00 and ya in.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm back from my holiday in Majorca and gearing up for the first night of the return of the Sink down at the Cabin Club, just down the road from where we used to be at the Magnet.

I hear it's a crackin' venue, so can't wait to see it for myself.

See yooze all there.

Denbo.