Chip Tyler "because I Love You"

Soulman

With regard to the topic in "wants" section.

According to feed back, it seems the green issue I have could be quite rare. Photos are attached (scanner not available at moment). This was bought from John Anderson at Soul Bowl in the late 70's. Check wants for full Delta details. I've always had it down as original. Dave Flynn says he's never seen one which had me wondering, hence the transfer to this section. Your thoughts are welcomed. Could this be another enigma from my box along the lines of the Charles Brandy issue on Blue Cat, the first issue stock of Frankie Karl....

Let me know :rolleyes:

Steve

post-8483-0-34310400-1306964557_thumb.jp

post-8483-0-58708900-1306964565_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

With regard to the topic in "wants" section.

According to feed back, it seems the green issue I have could be quite rare. Photos are attached (scanner not available at moment). This was bought from John Anderson at Soul Bowl in the late 70's. Check wants for full Delta details. I've always had it down as original. Dave Flynn says he's never seen one which had me wondering, hence the transfer to this section. Your thoughts are welcomed. Could this be another enigma from my box along the lines of the Charles Brandy issue on Blue Cat, the first issue stock of Frankie Karl....

Let me know :rolleyes:

Steve

Very nice, only ever seen one demo myself, that's definitely the only issue I've seen

Social source share

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item45f9cc03d4

See above.

Always thought this record to be difficult to find but it doesn't seem to be held in high regard so value doesn't equate to rarity IMO.

Pretty sure I had an issue too back in the 90's which I sold, but I kept the demo.

ROD

Thanks Rod,

Had Jerry's version numerous times over the years but always hung on to this as I thought it slightly better in some ways. I understand what you are saying in some respects but if the issue is so much rarer and hasn't been seen by many how can it be priced. Its a bit like a Charles Brandy issue I had. Nobody thought it existed and because of that the price went sky high (in excess of £4000).

Best

Steve

Social source share

As a matter of interest does anyone know anything about Chip Tyler?:lol:

i got a copy of chip tyler, the green version one. i took my record box to maxine few year ago looking through with interest all he kept doing was picking up chip tyler and looking at it, he said it was only second green version he seen in the 30 odd years, he said thats worth keeping hold of, its just my personal records no intention of selling cheers billy

Social source share

I think he is Chip Taylor - a singer songwriter and brother of John Voight and uncle of Angelina Jolie (according to Wickipedia}

if its him he wrote lots of pop classics, Angel of the morning, Wild thing, Any way that you want me........also wrote 'Picture me gone' and "I can't wait to see my baby's face"

look at this discog of Chicory records - it has him listed as "Chip Taylor"

post-6541-0-92314300-1307203022_thumb.jp

Edited by Ringleader
Social source share

I think he is Chip Taylor - a singer songwriter and brother of John Voight and uncle of Angelina Jolie (according to Wickipedia}

if its him he wrote lots of pop classics, Angel of the morning, Wild thing, Any way that you want me........also wrote 'Picture me gone' and "I can't wait to see my baby's face"

look at this discog of Chicory records - it has him listed as "Chip Taylor"

Cheers for that :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!