Majestic Soul Thursday 2Nd June

Another cracking night last night. It didn't look that way earlier as the good weather meant people didn't arrive until a bit later or spent a bit more time outside.

Our guest Anthony Sweeney did us proud again as he spun plenty of overlooked top quality tunes with a smattering of top notch ballads from the George Jackson era!

Mark still manages to keep producing those future Majestic classic and Brian pulled a few corkers out, I haven't heard Nicky Newarkers in years!

Next month special guest Tony Rounce, should be specialyes.gif

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Upstairs Planet

An extreemly spirited night...many great personalities & old soulies at the Horse & Groom......fantastic music (climatic) & lots more......encore

Thanks to Anthony Sweeney, whos influence has become a prominent part of the Majestic fabric......:thumbsup:

BakerSoul.........:thumbup:

Another cracking night with our guest Anthony Sweeney playing an outstanding spot from start to finish with every track being of the highest quality. Credit also to my "Majestic " colleagues Binsy ( who played to his usual high standard with a few "left fielders" thrown which worked well) and Brian (who was on top form and finished the night off in style with a cracking selection of tunes ).

Don`t forget this sunday morning it`s the "Majestic Soul" Special on Solar Radio between 10am and midday

Mark Houghton

Guest Imogen

Thank you for another lovely evening and spoiling me rotten with quality tunes. Mr Sweeny played a nice set and it was great hearing and dancing to Paris Blues.

Mark Taylor you played a blinding set. Liked that Liberty instrumental you played.

I've put some pics in the gallery.

Cheers

Imogen x

A very enjoyable evening, some nice tunes played as usual. It is good to be able to sit down in a comfortable settee and listen, that is the definition of sofa soul I guess. Sorry I had to leave earlier than usual but knew I had a late night ahead of me on Friday. Listening to your Solar Radio programme as I type this.