Miracles, horace andy or susan coogan???

We've been playing a reggae tune forever, called Do It Baby (Susan Coogan), which was also recorded by Horace Andy ( this time called Nice And Easy - an absolute reggae classic) - I was just wondering if anyone knows who wrote it and do the reggae versions predate the Miracles - my copy says 1974, which sounds quite late. The Susan Coogan version is one of the most beautiful tracks I have ever heard ....

cheers xx

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Do It Baby" was co-written by Billy Griffin, Leon Ware and possibly Smokey (1974 Tamla).

I think you mean Susan Cadogan (not Coogan). She recorded Do It Baby (Nice and Easy), in 1975 for her "Hurt So Good" album (Trojan). Horace Andy's version also came out in 1975 - it was produced by Bunny Lee and came out on the Attack label (a Trojan subsidiary)

Social source share

thanks very much - its unbelievable how many huge reggae records there are that are Motown covers - the vocal often sounds very similar to the original as well - Susan Cadogan weirdly sounds like Smokey ... I didn't expect a reply so soon - I am impressed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!