The Three Horseshoes, Wickersley

Thanks very much to the Horseshoes gang and their guests, Mick and Mack, for putting on another top exhibition in soul music. :thumbsup: Loads of great tunes from begining to end, played to a very appreciative crowd. This is another venue where, if the turnout matched the quality of the music there wouldn't be room to breathe. :( If you're looking for something a bit different that won't cost a penny to get in, then why not give The Three Horseshoes a go. It's well worth it.:lol:

All the best

John & Helen

(Darnall Horti & The Washington Sunday Soul Sessions)

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Many thanks John for your kind words. A big thank you also to our two guests for the night Mick Waddington & Tony Mckenna i think everyone will agree with me they didnt dissapoint. We know what to expect from Mick by now he always delivers top quality sounds & nearly always throws in a few newies that gets everyone talking & heading for the decks. Many thanks to Tony on his first visit to the shoes for an hour of absolute gems. Hope we`ll see you again soon mate. It wasnt the biggest of crowds last night but a massive thank you to everyone that turned out to support us yet again.

I had a word with Pete last night regarding him & Little Av guesting at our next night in July.... Oooops i hope you remembered to mention it to her :lol: . Pete if you or Av happen to read this post, then get back to me & let me know if you are ok for next month.

Once again thanks to everyone..... :thumbsup:

Nearly forgot big big thank you to Linda Barker, Laurence Llwelyn Bowen & the 60 minute make over team for designing the NEW Shoes "lounge" (was me really Howard) :elvis:

Just remembered the tables are still outside :shades::(

ATB Baz!

Edited by Soulfulshoes

Another excellent night for us at the Three Horseshoes Wickersley,superb stuff from guest's Mick W and Tony Mak rounded off with top tune's from Barry,Mark and Gary.So much better with the new lay out lad's :thumbsup: and already looking forward to Pete and Av guesting next month,should be a cracker :lol:

H & D :yes:

Edited by 22ndsoul

As always a pleasure to play for such a knowledgable and friendly crowd.

Mak your set was brilliant :lol::yes: (playlist please):yes:

Here's what I played in more or less the right order

Richie Havens - I can't make it anymore - Verve

Chuck Cissel - Don't tell me your sorry - Arista

Conquistadors - Sadness and Madness - Signett

Marcia Hines - You gotta let go- Dig It

Rudy Mockabee - Sweet Thing -Atco

Tony Bruno - How am I gonna make it - Hansa

Incrowd - Irie blessing - Revue

Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid -Golden Eye

Barbara St Clair - Teacherman -Crosseyed Bear

Bitter & Sweet - I won't have no babies for you - Anything & Everything

Innersection - I'm in debt to you - Group 5

Jo Stance - Hey Girl(instrumental) - Ricky Tick

C M Lord - Oh Mama - Capitol

Willie Pickett - On the stage of life - Soul Pot

Willie Tee - First taste of hurt - Gatur

Hue Corporation - Goodfootin' -Liberty

Soul Inc - What goes up must come down - Emblem

Chubby & Turnpikes - I know the inside story - Capitol

Rockmasters - Raining teardrops- Romulus

Brand New - Thousand Years -Du-Vern

Jimmy Elledge - Sad Town -Sound Town

Monclairs - Hey You - Arch

Bobby Womack - How could you break my heart - Arista

Also played these somewhere in amongst them

Sam Dees - Worn out brokenheart - Atlantic LP

New Sounds - Sweet Memories - P-Vine LP

Looking forward to the next one with Pete & Av :thumbsup:yes.gif

Mick W

Absolutely loved it .The room is perfect , for those who have been to The Attic and The Bentinck Back Room then imagine them crossed and what you get is a room made for soul music that is for the more refined punter . I for one will be back there for future dates .

On arrival I was made very welcome as soon as I stepped on to the stairs leading up to the room .OK as we all know numbers are not as we would like , but hey , the people who did attend where very special people with a greater knowledge and understanding for what soul is about . Lovely to meet up with everyone , shame there are not more places like this in other areas , especially around were I live . Great to see my old m8 Mark (vaultofsouler) see you soon at you know where !!.

playlist in no particular order

THE AFFAIR - ARE YOU READY - FORTH AND BROADWAY

BOBBY WOMACK - GIVE IT UP - ARISTA

OTIS LEAVILL - NOBODY BUT YOU - SMASH

BELITA WOODS - MAGIC CORNER - MIORA

CAM CAMERON - THEY SAY - CAPRI

BRENDA+TABULATIONS - THAS IN THE PAST - DIONN

SAN FRANSISCAN TKO'S - MAKE UP YOUR MIND - KENT ANNIVERSARY

STEEPLCHASE - NEVER COMING BACK - POLYDOR

BOBBY REED - I'LL FIND A WAY - LOMA

KIRK TAYLOR - I'M TH EONE WHO NEEDS YOU - KT&CO

THE VIPER - LITTLE MISS SWEETNESS - DUCHESS

SHIRLEY WAHLS - WHY AM I CRYING - KING

BOBBY HUTTON - COME SEE WHATS LEFT OF ME - PHILLIPS

THE VOLUMES - THAT SAME OLD FELLING - IMPACT

Sorry thats all I remember

Tony MAK

Edited by MAK

AGREE WITH ALL THATS BEEN SAID - ANOTHER TOP NIGHT WAS HAS BY ALL AT THE 3 HORSESHOES WITH QUALITY TUNEAGE PLAYED ALL NIGHT, TOP COMPANY. THIS IS A GREAT VENUE WITH WELCOMING HOSTS. THANKS TO ALL THE DJS FOR ENTERTAINING US ESPECIALLY MICK & MAK - SUPERB SPOTS. :sweatingbullets:hatsoff2.gif

LOOKING FORWARD TO SPINNING SOME TUNES NEXT MONTH.

AV :hatsoff2:

Absolutely loved it .The room is perfect , for those who have been to The Attic and The Bentinck Back Room then imagine them crossed and what you get is a room made for soul music that is for the more refined punter . I for one will be back there for future dates .

On arrival I was made very welcome as soon as I stepped on to the stairs leading up to the room .OK as we all know numbers are not as we would like , but hey , the people who did attend where very special people with a greater knowledge and understanding for what soul is about . Lovely to meet up with everyone , shame there are not more places like this in other areas , especially around were I live . Great to see my old m8 Mark (vaultofsouler) see you soon at you know where !!.

playlist in no particular order

THE AFFAIR - ARE YOU READY - FORTH AND BROADWAY Choooooooooooooooon

BOBBY WOMACK - GIVE IT UP - ARISTA

OTIS LEAVILL - NOBODY BUT YOU - SMASH

BELITA WOODS - MAGIC CORNER - MIORA

CAM CAMERON - THEY SAY - CAPRI

BRENDA+TABULATIONS - THAS IN THE PAST - DIONN

SAN FRANSISCAN TKO'S - MAKE UP YOUR MIND - KENT ANNIVERSARY

STEEPLCHASE - NEVER COMING BACK - POLYDOR

BOBBY REED - I'LL FIND A WAY - LOMA

KIRK TAYLOR - I'M TH EONE WHO NEEDS YOU - KT&CO

THE VIPER - LITTLE MISS SWEETNESS - DUCHESS

SHIRLEY WAHLS - WHY AM I CRYING - KING

BOBBY HUTTON - COME SEE WHATS LEFT OF ME - PHILLIPS

THE VOLUMES - THAT SAME OLD FELLING - IMPACT

Sorry thats all I remember

Tony MAK

AGREE WITH ALL THATS BEEN SAID - ANOTHER TOP NIGHT WAS HAS BY ALL AT THE 3 HORSESHOES WITH QUALITY TUNEAGE PLAYED ALL NIGHT, TOP COMPANY. THIS IS A GREAT VENUE WITH WELCOMING HOSTS. THANKS TO ALL THE DJS FOR ENTERTAINING US ESPECIALLY MICK & MAK - SUPERB SPOTS. hatsoff2.gif:)

LOOKING FORWARD TO SPINNING SOME TUNES NEXT MONTH.

AV :D

Thanks Av , glad you enjoyed it . I will certainly be there next month to listen to you and Pete and the Millers girls lads :)

Edited by MAK
Guest millerswinners

Thanks for the positive comments , its great to hear that the venue and tunes are enjoyed thumbsup.gif

Must say the guests , Mick and MAK gave us a great two hours , top notch all the way :)

Looking forward to July already after the weekend at Bridlington with our guests Pete and AV :D

All the best

Mark

PS ,,,,,,MAK ...................Its sad to say that Barry actually follows them in blue and white from Sheffield :)