Otis Redding/stax Volt Tour 67

I have just watched some footage on You Tube of the S/V Tour of Europe in 67 live in Norway. For some reason I can't post a link but this is a cut and paste of the title from a guy called Johnde Haure.,,,,Stax Volt Tour of Norway 1967

It is in 6 segments of around 9 mins each.

It might have been mentioned on here before, but what excitement and the musicians/artists are just unbelievable.

I have the LP S/V live at Finsbury Park, and the CD S/V live in Paris, but I can't believe this footage was available and I never knew.

If you just love Try a Little Tenderness its on "episode" 6 and is unmissable.

Brian B

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Fabulous clips mate. :hatsoff2:

Search the Tube for

SAM DAVE SHOW

You'll get 12 parts of the 1967 Offenbach, Germany show

Sam & Dave are fantastic but I particularly like this clip of one of my fave stars Arthur Conley

Well worth following it through from 1 -12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP4Bwm3MWqo

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

thumbup.gif

I have just watched some footage on You Tube of the S/V Tour of Europe in 67 live in Norway. For some reason I can't post a link but this is a cut and paste of the title from a guy called Johnde Haure.,,,,Stax Volt Tour of Norway 1967

It is in 6 segments of around 9 mins each.

It might have been mentioned on here before, but what excitement and the musicians/artists are just unbelievable.

I have the LP S/V live at Finsbury Park, and the CD S/V live in Paris, but I can't believe this footage was available and I never knew.

If you just love Try a Little Tenderness its on "episode" 6 and is unmissable.

Brian B

Thought this tour was pretty much common knowledge if you're into Stax stuff................it's the bees knees as far as I'm concerned.

Glad you came across it!!! :sweatingbullets: The Ready Steady Go Otis Redding Special makes good viewing too. :hatsoff2:

Edited by jobbo
Social source share

Guest Soulshake

Remember seeing this footage for the first time as a teenager and it blew me away, it's probably as near to perfection as you can get, Sam and dave take it all night long "Stand on up, stand on up" just class. Otis hit's the stage like a man possessed too, pushing the MG's to the limit, met his wife and family a few yrs ago at the big O foundation in Macon Georgia, spoke to zelma about the stax tour and what an amazing effect it had on Europe. Eddie floyd, Arthur Conley, Sam and Dave, Otis redding, The MG's..................

Has there ever been a better soul tour?

Social source share

Thanks Guys for the info. I'm not really into the Stax stuff, but the excitement of this tour has lived with me since I first heard Soothe Me live in 68/69 and I had not previously seen any live footage of it. However, I also hadn't been looking for it, so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised!

Having said that, I have just played the Paris show and Eddie Floyd and Carla Thomas were brilliant, but then again, it wasn't the too brassy Stax sound that I'm not too keen on.

Still, a major part of Black American music being played on our shores/Europe, and was responsible for a lot of us eventually going down the rare soul route.

Thanks again,

Brian B

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!