Twisted Steel Soul Nite@royal Oak Beighton

Hi just like to thank everyone who came to the second soul night at the Royal Oak, got some great feed back on the night, if youve not been, you must pop in and try out this new venue

of northern soul & tamla, we guarantee a warm welcome and great soul music on the first saturday of every month, till next month KTF

Nigel & Elaine

Twisted Steel Soul Nites

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Faithman

Great night, our 1st time, my wife & I both had a great time !.

Good music, good beer & a friendly atmosphere... Thankyou

KTF Simon

Another top session of soul at the Oak, must say a big thank you to Nigel and Elaine for bringing Twisted Steel to Beighton-and for the choons spun, they have a terrific selection of vinyl, at one moment in the evening everyone in the pub were up on their feet dancing including the hard working hosts Denise and her partner, other soulies in said how much they enjoyed and appreciated the night, what lovely landlords and bar staff and free sarnies as well! Great sound system, talc friendly wooden floor, nice venue-well done all see you next month.

First of all thank you both for coming to the oak and bringing the two things that make a soul nite, you're dancing shoes and you're ears !LOOK forward to seeing you both next month

thankyou for youre kind comments, "from little acorns mighty OAKS grow" (sorry could not resist the pun)

Nigel & Elaine

Twisted Steel Soul Nites

Hi Mick its always great to see you at the all the soul events, and I thank you for picking the Oak on a busy soul weekend, dont forget to pop into the Crown next friday bring some 45s with you

as this my last one at the old crown due to other commitnents, sorry could not make notts this sunday would have liked to, Casper and the gang are the real deal.

Nigel & Elaine

Twisted Steel Soul Nites

Thanks Nigel and Elaine, two of the Steel City's most dedicated, you put so much love, time and effort in bringing people into the soul scene. Will see you all Fri nite ATB and KTF x

Guest Nisey D

Thank you to everyone that came to our Northern Soul Night, a big thank you to Nigel & Elaine for making this event possible and for believing in us and for all the great dancers for participating and enjoying yourselves (you know who I mean lol !!) hope the next one is just as enjoyable.

All our love to you all Ian & Denise @ Royal Oak Beighton xx

Thanks to Ian & Denise for asking me to do a soul night at there pub, it ticks all the boxes, with their help I think this soul night will be here for a long time,how many soul nights have the owners of the venue up dancing KTF

Nigel & Elaine

Twisted Steel Soul Nites

Blimey! Good point Nigel - I don't think I've ever seen that and I'm privileged to have been to a few do's in the 20 odd years or so of following soul! I've given my age away now!

ATB

Guest Barry Holland

Hi just like to thank everyone who came to the second soul night at the Royal Oak, got some great feed back on the night, if youve not been, you must pop in and try out this new venue

of northern soul & tamla, we guarantee a warm welcome and great soul music on the first saturday of every month, till next month KTF

Nigel & Elaine

Twisted Steel Soul Nites

Ey up Nigel and Elaine, really chuffed you had a great night again. Sounds like a good night was had by all. Will try and get to one very soon,:thumbsup: all the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.:hatsoff2:

P.S. Will have to get Bob and Paul to come as well.:thumbup:

P.P.S. Just remembered, I went to Myers Grove School and their motto was "Quercus magna e gland parva" (or something like that, it was a long time ago :yes: ) and as you know it means "great oaks from little acorns grow", sorry, but I've never heard you being called an acorn.:thumbsup: