Pilsley Soul

What a great night at Pilsley, although numbers were down which we expected with so much going on, none the less we still had a good night, celebrating Riggers birthday with chocolate cake and a great across the board selection of music.

Our guest for the night was that gentleman himself Terry Westhead playing tunes as he said from the back of his box, and all residents playing across the board tunes to keep the floor busy.

At Pilsley we are not always going to get 100,s in like some of the local oldies nights do but we do have fun, there is always a good atmosphere and hopefully provided a venue where you can come along, meet some friendly people and hear a bit of something for everyone.

And for those that left early you missed a treat at the end with some "Amazing" dancing :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Next night is on Saturday 2nd July, residents night but with Soap (Linclon) doing a short spot.

Barry

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Barry, first of all a big thankyou for allowing me the honor of playing for you and your friends. Always a good night at Pilsey. The assembled masses were predominately Modern people but still, got good feedback from the people I spoke to. Put me on your card anytime, always love it and a nicer bunch of people you couldn't wish to meet.

Numbers will be back up next time so more power to you and yours.

Love you all.

Tezza XXX

Hi Barry & Pam

Thanks to all who attended Pilsley last night and helped me start off my month long Birthday celebrations :sweatingbullets:

Thanks to all for the gifts and cards thumbsup.gif

Nice to catch up & chat with Tezza (Don't always get chance when we're out & about)

Enjoyed all DJ's spots - The great thing about Pilsley is you will always hear something different.

Till next time

ATB

Alan & Karen

Hi Barry & Pam

Thanks to all who attended Pilsley last night and helped me start off my month long Birthday celebrations :sweatingbullets:

Thanks to all for the gifts and cards thumbsup.gif

Nice to catch up & chat with Tezza (Don't always get chance when we're out & about)

Enjoyed all DJ's spots - The great thing about Pilsley is you will always hear something different.

Till next time

ATB

Alan & Karen

glad you had a great night alan...sorry i couldnt be there....dont you think 4 slices of cake is a bit much?

regards moldie

What a great night at Pilsley, although numbers were down which we expected with so much going on, none the less we still had a good night, celebrating Riggers birthday with chocolate cake and a great across the board selection of music.

Our guest for the night was that gentleman himself Terry Westhead playing tunes as he said from the back of his box, and all residents playing across the board tunes to keep the floor busy.

At Pilsley we are not always going to get 100,s in like some of the local oldies nights do but we do have fun, there is always a good atmosphere and hopefully provided a venue where you can come along, meet some friendly people and hear a bit of something for everyone.

And for those that left early you missed a treat at the end with some "Amazing" dancing :sweatingbullets::lol:laugh.gif

Next night is on Saturday 2nd July, residents night but with Soap (Linclon) doing a short spot.

Barry

Yes Barry, numbers were down, but to be expected on Saturday. Great music played though from start to finish and who was that man at the end with those dancing steps?

Happy Birthday to Alan on Saturday and very nice chocolate cake. Thanks to Terry for guesting, it was nice to catch up with you again Terry.

Here's to our residents night in July.

Andy & Jo

Guest LEICSSOULIES

Hi Barry and Pam

Good to see you both ( although a degree of tan jealousy on my part !! lol)

Had a great night, as always the DJ spots top drawer and

I thought Tezza's set was excellent, good to hear some tunes

that are from the back of the box, wouldnt mind seeing the play list.

Nice to see Liz and enjoyed my chat with the Fletchers also,

we must be following each other up the M1 monthly lol

Keep up the great work.

Ali n Clint x

Agree with all the above comments, irresistible Pilsley. Some cracking tunes played and a great mixture as per normal. Thought Tezza played a good set, although they were all oldies some of em I'd not heard for ages. Babe Ruth might be a Rock Band but what a fantastic dance record and to hear it again after all this time reminds me of the time Cleethorpes Pier used to bounce up & down with the beat of it. Chocolate cake was spot on but got me into trouble with the wife for my Pre Venue comments so she refused to have any. Pity to waste it so I had 2 pieces and another on the way out for good measure. 50/50 whether we'll be at A1 this coming Saturday Barry as its the grand daughters 5th birthday. See you at Brid in the modern room if not before. Paul & Ann

i too have to agree with all comments top spots from all djs ,special praise to tezza who played a cracking set, hope hes back soon thumbsup.gif playlist please mate . smaller crowd than usual but hey more cake !!!! ( all the best alan ) see you all next month hatsoff2.gif

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words. When Barry first asked me to play I was a little anxious as I am an oldies boy at heart and the 'Modern' stuff is not really my scene but I have nothing against it, Modern Nights and Rooms are always packed so there are plenty out there that love it. Saying that, Barry insisted I be myself as as we all know Pilsley plays an eclectic mix and this week, well, you couldn't get much further apart. Rigger, the Birthday Boy, got the floor buzzing with a good collection 90% of which were what I would call Newies. I came on, emptied the floor but brought back a few long lost memories for some. Barry followed me with his usual stuff and the night finished off with Andy. A good varied selection I should say.

Hope to be back soon.

I will try to put on my playlist but I don't prepare much, just play on the night.

Sorry if they are not in the correct order but my mott isn't what it was ( I think )

Crown Height Affair - Dreaming A Dream

Lenny Curtis - Nothing Can Stop Us Now

Babe Ruth - Elusive

Ruby Andrews - Just loving You

Duke and Leonard - Just Do The Best You Can

Pointer Sisters - Send Him Back

Archie Bell and The Drells - Here I Gi Again

Sam and Dave - you Don't know like I know

The Magnetics - The Lady In Green

The Four Seasons - Beggin'

J J Caillier - Pusherman

Judy Freeman - Hold On

Mike McDonald -

Burning Bush - Keeps On Burning

Sister Sledge - Love Don't You Go Through No Changes On Me

Porgy and The Monarchs - My Heart Cries For You

and as a lasting tribute to the genius that was :-

Gil Scott-Heron - The Bottle

Sorry if I have missed any out but I've been asleep since then.

Thankyou once more for your kind words and support.

Love you all ( even you Andy ) XXXX

I will try to put on my playlist but I don't prepare much, just play on the night.

Sorry if they are not in the correct order but my mott isn't what it was ( I think )

Crown Height Affair - Dreaming A Dream

Lenny Curtis - Nothing Can Stop Us Now

Babe Ruth - Elusive

Ruby Andrews - Just loving You

Duke and Leonard - Just Do The Best You Can

Pointer Sisters - Send Him Back

Archie Bell and The Drells - Here I Gi Again

Sam and Dave - you Don't know like I know

The Magnetics - The Lady In Green

The Four Seasons - Beggin'

J J Caillier - Pusherman

Judy Freeman - Hold On

Mike McDonald -

Burning Bush - Keeps On Burning

Sister Sledge - Love Don't You Go Through No Changes On Me

Porgy and The Monarchs - My Heart Cries For You

and as a lasting tribute to the genius that was :-

Gil Scott-Heron - The Bottle

Sorry if I have missed any out but I've been asleep since then.

Thankyou once more for your kind words and support.

Love you all ( even you Andy ) XXXX

Some nice tunes there Tezza. Particularly liked the Babe Ruth, Four Seasons, Porgy & Monarchs & Gill Scott Heron all bringing back fantastic memories. Also Burning Bush which is a storming record and one I used to own and at one time could actually dance to it, unfortunately I now have the early stages of athritis in my hips so I just have to tap my feet. Have to stick with the mid tempo stuff now but enjoy it just as much as I used to enjoy the 100 mile an hour stuff. Good set and something different which makes a change from the same old.

Edited by Paul Webster
Guest Mart B

Not a bad playlist there tezza,Lady in green- magnetics especially.

Not heared that played out locally for a good 15years Chris Marriott played it at the Towers in Mansfield.