Beverley Knight - Radio 2 Today

Was driving my other half and his brother to the pub this afty and my brother-in-law put the radio on.............Radio 2...........TERRY WOGAN, lol!!!!

Was just about to have a moan for putting it on and then.............heard someone singing the George Michael song 'Teacher.' Personally I don't listen much to commercial radio and am certainly not a fan of

George Michael............but have to say that it was absolutely fantastic............so soulful and by the end of the song I had a lump in my throat!!! :lol:

Turned out it was Beverley Knight..............although I've heard the name I really don't know much about her............think she was singing it live in the studio too??

Probably not many Radio 2 listeners on here, lol,.............but did anyone else catch it??

P.s. The song could be called 'One More Try'............well I did say I knew sod all about George Michael, lol!!! :yes:

THE ACTUAL PERFORMANCE IS NOW ON YOUTUBE IF ANYONE WANTS A LISTEN. :thumbsup:

Edited by jobbo
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest MBarrett

Thanks for picking up on this.

There are still some people out there who don't realise what an amazing singer this woman is.

A most fantastic example of home grown soul talent.

From down town Wolverhampton.

MB

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

Thanks for picking up on this.

There are still some people out there who don't realise what an amazing singer this woman is.

A most fantastic example of home grown soul talent.

From down town Wolverhampton.

MB

Many thanks for posting the clip up :thumbsup: She does have a helluva voice ..............as previously said I was very moved when I heard this particular songr!!! Thought it was very gospel like.

I understand she is soon to release a new album.........Soul UK..........and as you say, home grown talent.....even better!!! :thumbup:

Edited by jobbo
Social source share

Many thanks for posting the clip up :D She does have a helluva voice ..............as previously said I was very moved when I heard this particular songr!!! Thought it was very gospel like.

I understand she is soon to release a new album.........Soul UK..........and as you say, home grown talent.....even better!!! :lol:

Yes caught the session driving up from Heathrow - don't normally listen to Wogan - she sounded very good indeed, said to my wife 'a touch of the Aretha'' in her voice - the stripped down band and production sounded really great - if the album is like that I'll get a copy for sure yes.gif

Social source share

Yes caught the session driving up from Heathrow - don't normally listen to Wogan - she sounded very good indeed, said to my wife 'a touch of the Aretha'' in her voice - the stripped down band and production sounded really great - if the album is like that I'll get a copy for sure yes.gif

Totally agree with your comment about the stipped down version Mike. Watched one of the other clips where she was live on stage singing the same song and although it was still pretty good, I much

preferred the studio version.

Caz thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest SoulWalker

Totally agree with your comment about the stipped down version Mike. Watched one of the other clips where she was live on stage singing the same song and although it was still pretty good, I much

preferred the studio version.

Caz thumbsup.gif

lol, that wasn't the studio version on Wogan either. They had Beverley in and she performed that live (as well as Mama Used To Say).

Her latest album, which is due on July 4th, comes with a bonus DVD of her performing the tracks in concert. £8.99 in HMV. The album versions of the songs she's covered haven't been released yet (bar 3) but you can get a taster of what they sound like by this preview of her live performances she's given promoting the album.

Edited by SoulWalker
Social source share

lol, that wasn't the studio version on Wogan either. They had Beverley in and she performed that live (as well as Mama Used To Say).

Misuse of words I'm afraid..............I did actually mean the live version on the radio show!!!

But thank you so much for taking the time to point out my mistake!!!

Edited by jobbo
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!