The Bourne Beat Hotel, Bmth, 25Th June

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Bmth Railway boys, do the Bourne Beat Hotel

Playing the very best 60s / 70s classic / rare soul, r&b, funk edged and everything in between

Dj's

Jonah

Simon Preston

Tim Smithers

with special guest from Australia

Bob Norman

£4 tax

8 til 1.30

Good luck guys & welcome back :thumbsup: .

Best Russ

Thanks Russ :thumbsup:

Here are a few choons are guest might give a spin on the nite

( Text taken from facebook )

Some of the stuff gonna be in my box hopefully gonna play. Parisians, william powell, Nomads, Court Davis, Paris,Billy Arnell,Vondells,freddy hill,Twans,to name a few...

Guest Bearsy

oh Tim why that weekend :yes: gutted to say that we cant make it as we are on our hols in far way Portugal, really hope its a success and you keep it regular as nights like this really are needed down deepest South :thumbsup: see you at the next one :yes:

Bearsy

I would have come down for this for sure but alas I've got plans made for Wolverhampton. For the next one can you please avoid lifeline, rugby, radcliffe and bidds?

Would love to be at this one but can't as playing some tunes at Weston S Mare on the same nite (doh!). Looks like it's gonna be a top nite with Tim's selections, also the other Dj's will as normal, be top draw! Great to see Court Davis being played!

Guest Dave Mortimore

. The former Railway Club boys are at long last making a return to the Bournemouth soul scene.

. I'm informed that the function room at The Bourne Beat Hotel, above the Conference Centre on the west cliff, isn't what the old railway club was, but is adequate for an initial foray for Jonah, Simon and Tim to re-introduce their brand of music. I've been into the lobby and noticed memorabilia from the hip bye-gone days of the sixties plied across all of the walls. The whole ethos of the venue is targetted at the nostalgia of that eccentric and stylish era.

. Unfortunately, I never ventured into the function room to check out the dance floor.

. The word is that Bob Norman (revisiting from Australia) is bringing over some big sounds to give the night that special extra something.

. I'm sure that the occasion will be quite a unique experience.

. Welcome Back Lads!

Edited by Dave Mortimore
Guest rach

. The former Railway Club boys are at long last making a return to the Bournemouth soul scene.

. I'm informed that the function room at The Bourne Beat Hotel, above the Conference Centre on the west cliff, isn't what the old railway club was, but is adequate for an initial foray for Jonah, Simon and Tim to re-introduce their brand of music. I've been into the lobby and noticed memorabilia from the hip bye-gone days of the sixties plied across all of the walls. The whole ethos of the venue is targetted at the nostalgia of that eccentric and stylish era.

. Unfortunately, I never ventured into the function room to check out the dance floor.

. The word is that Bob Norman (revisiting from Australia) is bringing over some big sounds to give the night that special extra something.

. Welcome Back Lads!

Really can't wait to see Railway back on the map :) venue sounds interesting, bring it on! hatsoff2.gif

. Welcome Back Lads!

Thanks Dave, hopfully carrying on where we left of, giving the soulies some great oldies mixed in with current nighter choons, and everything in between :thumbsup:

Guest sandrap7644

soul night at the bourne beat hotel

hi all

This is just a short notice to let you all know "The railway" is back on track. On saturday the 25th of June at the Bourne beat Hotel we will be having an evening of 60/70's Northern Soul and R&B, funk edge and more. We will continue to play quality soul music as always. DJ's on the night :

are myself (Jonah) Simon Preston, Tim Smithers, and Special guest from Australia Bob Norman.

Many of you will remember Bob from the "Oakdale" days. Hope to see all the familiar faces and will welcolme the not the so familiar faces.

Come and join us and help us again make another night to remember.

Best Wishes

Jonah

soul night at the bourne beat hotel

hi all

This is just a short notice to let you all know "The railway" is back on track. On saturday the 25th of June at the Bourne beat Hotel we will be having an evening of 60/70's Northern Soul and R&B, funk edge and more. We will continue to play quality soul music as always. DJ's on the night :

are myself (Jonah) Simon Preston, Tim Smithers, and Special guest from Australia Bob Norman.

Many of you will remember Bob from the "Oakdale" days. Hope to see all the familiar faces and will welcolme the not the so familiar faces.

Come and join us and help us again make another night to remember.

Best Wishes

Jonah

Your not wrong there Mark, back on track, giving the southern soulies a chance to hear some current biggies, without the big hike up north, plus of cource some great oldies :thumbsup:

Would love to be at this one but can't as playing some tunes at Weston S Mare on the same nite (doh!). Looks like it's gonna be a top nite with Tim's selections, also the other Dj's will as normal, be top draw! Great to see Court Davis being played!

Have a goodun Matt, see ya soon mate :thumbsup:

Guest sandrap7644

Hello all,

just a quick reminder of Saturday at the Bourne Beat,the moto is the more the merrier!!! come have a cracking night and help it make an unforgettable night!

All welcome.

By the way has anybody got BoB Norman phone number please?

Will be good to see you all Saturday

Jonah

Guest Bearsy

Hope you have a great night and get the support this night deserves which i think you will and think of me having a cold beer in Portugal singing Karaoke :P:thumbup:laugh.gif:rolleyes::thumbsup::D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sandrap7644

hello all

i would like to take this opportunity to thank all who attended our last bournemouth soul club do at the Bourne Beat hotel including Mr. Burton from manifesto magazine. Just to let you all know we hae a new venue which will be a the green room at the Portman hotel Ashley road Boscombe.

where we will be playing the usual quality soul and R&B and funk edge. this will take place on saturday the 23rd July from 8 til 2 am

Other dates for 2011 are as follows:

Aug. 27th

Oct 22nd

Nov 19th

hope to see you all there.

Kind regards to all

Jonah

P.s Tim says sorry he had to pull the plug on the last one....