Soul Diva : Shona

Dekka

Caveman : Pete Watkin

And the guru of Motown

KYP THE FAITH

and its our yearly

B.B.Q Night

Dont let Kyp anywhere near that BBQ lol :sweatingbullets:

Looking forward to great night out, at the Malt Shovel, NorthernSoul, Motown and a barbecue, as Pete says "what more can we do"

The barbecue will be especially welcome to me as the last time Glenys and I were out in Newark for a night out we decided to have a meal in a nice Indian restaurant which had white walls, proper Indian beer and a huge bowl of mints on the counter –always comforting in any Indian establishment.

As I studied the menu, I asked the waitress what she recommended, to which she asked do I want it spicy, and I did.

"Yes please!" I said, implying that I was a man of the world who knew that the eating of spicy food meant that I was a spicy kind of guy who led a spicy life in a spicy way.

I also ordered a nice big glass of Indian beer although, asthings turned out, it wasn't nearly big enough. The spicy food came and, let metell, you that it was spicy. Very spicy.

As Glenys chewed her way through her non-spicy food, I took my spicy food slowly. "Is it spicy?" Glenys asked. I nodded, because if I'd opened my mouth to speak I would have ignited her hair. I poured the Indian beer down my charred throat as though I was trying to cap an oil well.

My mouth was like the inside of an Aga. I ordered more beer, then more beer, none of which quenched the fire.

I went upstairs to the toilet and drank cooling water straight from tap. I opened my mouth and wafted it with a paper towel. We paid and left and I scooped up a handful of mints and thrust four into my mouth; they soothed it a little, "Was it a bit too spicy?" Glenys asked.

Newark free night at the Malt Shovel, a great night out, without mints, 'what more can you want'! :thumbsup:

Edited by dekka

Looking forward to great night out, at the Malt Shovel, NorthernSoul, Motown and a barbecue, as Pete says "what more can we do"

The barbecue will be especially welcome to me as the last time Glenys and I were out in Newark for a night out we decided to have a meal in a nice Indian restaurant which had white walls, proper Indian beer and a huge bowl of mints on the counter -always comforting in any Indian establishment.

As I studied the menu, I asked the waitress what she recommended, to which she asked do I want it spicy, and I did.

"Yes please!" I said, implying that I was a man of the world who knew that the eating of spicy food meant that I was a spicy kind of guy who led a spicy life in a spicy way.

I also ordered a nice big glass of Indian beer although, asthings turned out, it wasn't nearly big enough. The spicy food came and, let metell, you that it was spicy. Very spicy.

As Glenys chewed her way through her non-spicy food, I took my spicy food slowly. "Is it spicy?" Glenys asked. I nodded, because if I'd opened my mouth to speak I would have ignited her hair. I poured the Indian beer down my charred throat as though I was trying to cap an oil well.

My mouth was like the inside of an Aga. I ordered more beer, then more beer, none of which quenched the fire.

I went upstairs to the toilet and drank cooling water straight from tap. I opened my mouth and wafted it with a paper towel. We paid and left and I scooped up a handful of mints and thrust four into my mouth; they soothed it a little, "Was it a bit too spicy?" Glenys asked.

Newark free night at the Malt Shovel, a great night out, without mints, 'what more can you want'! :rolleyes:

As you said mate Newark free night, a great night with just a hint of spice if you ask me "bring your own mango chutney"

Heres 5 from my mixed bag of spice that I will play on the night:

L.O.V.E. - Leon Thomas

I wanna be with you - Winfield Parker

Taking my mind off love - Carol Anderson

Who can I run to - Gerri Hall

That driving beat - Willie Mitchell

Weather forecast looking good for the barbecue :hatsoff2: