A Taste Of Honey Sunday June 26Th

ATOH SUMMER SPECIAL AKA 'BEARSOULS ' PICNIC' AKA MY BIRTHDAY BASH ... NOW IN IT'S FOURTH YEAR .... A LAID BACK ALL-DAY CELEBRATION OF THIS THING CALLED 'SOUL' WHICH HAS SHAPED OUR LIVES AND BROUGHT US TOGETHER !

TWO ROOMS ! 2 -11.30 . DOOR TAX £ 5 - SUNDAY 26TH JUNE

OUR SPECIAL GUEST CLUB IS, OUR GOOD FRIENDS ' FUTURE SHOCK ' BIG G & JAMES (GUMBO YA YA ) WHO CURRENTLY RESIDE AT '...THE SOUP KITCHEN' SPEAR ST (NORTHERN QUARTER) + WILD WILLY WEST !!!!!!!

IN 'THE CAULDRON' (MAIN BAR) YOUR GROOVEY DISC-JOCKEYS WILL ....... INC : THE WILLINGHAM COLLECTIVE . SOUL SAM . GEORGE MAHOOD . DAVE RIMMER . MATT SMART . GRANT RANKIN . KILLA . + FUTURE SHOCK . +BEARSOUL & FRIENDS

SHOULD BE A REAL GROOVEY MELTINGPOT OF STYLES AND A FEW DOUBLE-DECKIN DELIGHTS FOR YOUR DELECTATION !!!

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN AND IT USUALLY DOES.. BUT EXPECT THE SAME OLD QUALITY ! MORE INFO TO FOLLOW

Edited by bearsoul
  • Replies 34
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Chris, I need to get my self across. Andy has always raved about how good the music is at these. Hoping this will be the one.

Cheers squire,

Jay

BE ACE TO CYA DOWN AT THE OWD HELLFIRE CLUB ...BUT HEY ! WE'L CYA SUNDAY IN SUNNY YORK

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FAB 'WATERFRONT BLUES' ... !!!!!!!!!!!

CHRIS :thumbsup:

ATOH SUMMER SPECIAL AKA 'BEARSOULS ' PICNIC' AKA MY BIRTHDAY BASH ... NOW IN IT'S FOURTH YEAR .... A LAID BACK ALL-DAY CELEBRATION OF THIS THING CALLED 'SOUL' WHICH HAS SHAPED OUR LIVES AND BROUGHT US TOGETHER !

TWO ROOMS ! 2 -11.30 . DOOR TAX £ 5 - SUNDAY 26TH JUNE

UP IN THE BELLFRY ANDY BELLWOOD & DALE BYERS WILL BE JOINED BY ONE OF OUR SPECIAL GUEST CLUBS, OUR GOOD FRIENDS ' FUTURE SHOCK ' BIG G & JAMES (GUMBO YA YA ) WHO CURRENTLY RESIDE AT '...THE SOUP KITCHEN' SPEAR ST (NORTHERN QUARTER)

PLUS THE GREATSTONE COLLECTIVE WILL BE BLESSING THE BELFRY WITH THEIR GROOVETASTIC TUNES : PAUL HAVEKIN . TONY JACKSON + TBC

DOWNSTAIRS IN 'THE CAULDRON' (MAIN BAR) EVEN MORE GROOVEY DISC-JOCKEYS....... INC : THE WILLINGHAM COLLECTIVE . SOUL SAM . JUMPING JOAN . MARK BICKNELL . PHIL SHIELDS . DAVE RIMMER . MATT SMART . GRANT RANKIN . KILLA .

STILL TO WORK OUT RUNNING TIMES THOUGH WE MAY MIX UPSTAIRS & DOWNSTAIRS UP TO MAKE FOR A REAL GROOVEY MELTINGPOT OF STYLES AND A FEW DOUBLE-DECKIN DELIGHTS FOR YOUR DELECTATION !!!

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN AND IT USUALLY DOES.. BUT EXPECT THE SAME OLD QUALITY ! MORE INFO TO FOLLOW

Always a very special day in the soul calender or should i say unique for all the right reasons :D

On a keep fit regime to climb 'em stairs to the belfry....:lol:

see you Sunday Capt with your magic box of groovy 45s at launch of Waterfront Blues & Soul Club Sunday chillouts :lol:

s

THE GREATSTONE COLLECTIVE WILL BE WITH US IN AUGUST ... NOT JULY AS STATED ...

STILL GONNA BE A SOLID GROOVE WITH OUR GUEST CLUB FOR JULY ' FUTURE SHOCK ' Featuring GEORGE MAHOOD & GUMBO YA YA

PLUS GUESTS !!!!!!!! TO INC . WILD WILLY WEST !!!!!!!!

CPTN M :thumbsup:

Edited by bearsoul

Hopefully Mrs.H and myself will be making a show of ourselves at ATOH.Staying over to see Womack in Blackburn on Saturday,should be able to have a few hours with you before wobbling home.

Kev.

Be Ace to cya !!!!!

Just been to see The Impressions TOP !!!!

Saw Bobby at Apollo few years ago ace stuff 'Altrina Grayson' wow what a voice !!!!!!!!

he started with 'Across 110th Street' Top !!

Chris :thumbsup:

Sorry not been on Folks, been tad busy practising with Band for Gig tommorrow at Castlefields Strret Fair in Shrewsbury ( if anyones doing nowt come and have a jig about as we make arses of ourselves!)

Anyroadup ! Will try and post times later today but rest asure it's gonna be the usual mayhem

Kick-off is 2pm Sunday 26th so Honeygroovers..... Cy'all Down at the owd Hellfire for another Soul-Saturated- Groovathon...

SAME OWD QUALITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cptn M :thumbsup:

Sorry not been on Folks, been tad busy practising with Band for Gig tommorrow at Castlefields Strret Fair in Shrewsbury ( if anyones doing nowt come and have a jig about as we make arses of ourselves!)

Anyroadup ! Will try and post times later today but rest asure it's gonna be the usual mayhem

Kick-off is 2pm Sunday 26th so Honeygroovers..... Cy'all Down at the owd Hellfire for another Soul-Saturated- Groovathon...

SAME OWD QUALITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cptn M :yes:

good luck with the band (off the wall no doubt laugh.gif )

good luck with the band (off the wall no doubt :( )

Ta Andy.....Sad to say a few folks wont be with us including our Good Friend Cpl Phil Shields ( but he'll be back)

PLUS : WE CAN'T USE THE BELFRY AS ADVERTISED . PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES ......IT MEANS ... EITHER AN EARLIER START...OR SHORT SETS.......OR IF ANYONE FANCIES PLAYING OUR NEXT SOULTASTIC GROOVATHON IT WOULD BE A BIG HELP...... AS RIGHT NOW MY MIND IS ON THE VERGE OF MELTDOWN TRYING TO WORK OUT SOLUTIONS...Y'ALL KNOW WE TRY AND BE AS FAIR AS WE CAN ..... SO LET ME KNOW .... NEXT EDITION OF SOULTASTIC GROOVINESS WILL BE TRIMMED DOWN SO Y'ALL GET LONGER TO SPREAD THAT OLD VINYL JOY AROUND !

OH DID I MENTION IT'S MY BIRTHDAY :D BASH ON 26TH (well nearest date) JUST BRING YER GOODSELVES !

CPTN CHAOS thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearsoul

Hi Chris, if it helps out I can do it next time for you, my boy has a trial for a new football team on Sunday plus his goalkeeper training so not a problem if it helps you out and gives everyone a decent time slot, I'll get there again I'm sure lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Same here chris , anything to help out a mate and the brill atoh !

Thankyou Mark & Andy , I was promised second room and it left thinga a tad cozy , line-up wise so thankyou for your help and understanding , Your Top friends and absolute Gents .... so that's sorted August too as you've kindly agreed to join us all for the August Bank Holiday Groovathon . Bless You !

Unfortunately Dale Byers has that old Devil called 'earning a crust' to do and so he'll also be on the Honey FC Teamsheet for August !

Right Folks , a wee revision of times and i'll post no later than tommorow !

Cptn M :thumbsup:

Edited by bearsoul

A TASTE OF HONEY F.C. TEAM SHEET . BEARSOULS PICNIC

1 - 4.30

BEARSOUL & FRIENDS Featuring :

WILD WILLY WEST . KILLA .

SIR KENNETH AITCHISON . ANDY B .

SIR DAVID RIMMER & MATT SMART

GRANT RANKIN

SIR DAVID RIMMER & MATT SMART

SOUL SAM

GUEST CLUB : FUTURE SHOCK