Dj Decks

Guest neilh

Guest neilh

hi,

I was thinking the other day, remember the old all in one twin decks from the 80's ?

Does anyone still use them for DJ'ing these days and if so how do the compare to todays gear ?

I havn't seen one for ages.

neil

Edited by neilh
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've got 3 sets of the all in ones and to be honest I think they compare just as well ok so there not direct drive put providing the belts are changed and you have decent stylus on them there good. plus built in mixer so you aint got 3 boxes to lug around like seprates plug in and go. My friend who runs the K.G.B. soul night in Sheffied still uses all in ones and there spot on hes had em for ten years or more.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

i used some only recently and to me there is absolutely no comparison to technics

in fact i was almost weeping at the drag as they coaxed themselves into getting up to speed

mind you brought out a few of the old djing skills which i thought were long forgotten

Social source share

Guest Barry Holland

I've got 3 sets of the all in ones and to be honest I think they compare just as well ok so there not direct drive put providing the belts are changed and you have decent stylus on them there good. plus built in mixer so you aint got 3 boxes to lug around like seprates plug in and go. My friend who runs the K.G.B. soul night in Sheffied still uses all in ones and there spot on hes had em for ten years or more.

Like Al says, I've been using all-in-ones for nearly 11 years and a friends for a year before that. I've found them to be ok if they are looked after. I've used the seperates quite a few times and I don't find that much difference between the two styles. I do get guests coming in and when they see the decks they can't believe what they are looking at, but after a few minutes they are fine.

Al gave me some of the old Fal's a while back which I still use, but only in the attic. All the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.:Dthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Like Al says, I've been using all-in-ones for nearly 11 years and a friends for a year before that. I've found them to be ok if they are looked after. I've used the seperates quite a few times and I don't find that much difference between the two styles. I do get guests coming in and when they see the decks they can't believe what they are looking at, but after a few minutes they are fine.

Al gave me some of the old Fal's a while back which I still use, but only in the attic. All the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.:yes: :yes: :thumbsup:

Aye up Baz hope your well mate are yes the old Fals stands for ( futuristic aids limited ) used to be in Leeds sound like a marital aid if you ask me lol. :thumbsup:

Fal%20console.jpg

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Aye up Baz hope your well mate are yes the old Fals stands for ( futuristic aids limited ) used to be in Leeds sound like a marital aid if you ask me lol. laugh.gif

Fal%20console.jpg

Forever packing up they were a pile of S@@T lol

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

When I started DJing for Ken Cox at St Ives he had Garrard SP25s,with no start button staring the turntable was done with the lever.......they never packed up though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!