Go Go Children Bristol June 4Th With Des Parker

I had a feeling we might struggle with numbers this month.When we booked des many months ago we didnt realise this weekend had 3 major festivals in and around bristol,remember a go go crowd is not just die hard soulies,the youngsters are also into other music.Id also had texts from at least half a dozen other regulars who couldnt make it for one reason or another.Sadly this month i was proved right and we only had 50 in which is half our average crowd.

Despite this i think everyone enjoyed themselves we had a busy dancefloor most of the night and our guest des as always played a top set with quite a few new spins although gutted not to hear jt parker mate!

No sean parry this month so it was down to john to finish the night with some ska,it had been northern and rnb all night so by 130 we were getting requsets for it.

I wont be there next month as im djing at the camber sands scooter rally but our guest joining residents ian mccree and john stapleton will be 'rocker' from the getting together soul club of bristol.

So a big thanx to all who attended especially our guest des and travellers mick lloyd,ady pearce and dr pickles,good to hear ady and chris enjoyed their first go go

i played...

TOO MANY TEARS/MILES STONE

LET LOVE GO BY/JEANETTE WASHINGTON

1000 MILES FROM NOWHERE/RONNIE MILSAP

YOU WERE MEANT FOR ME/YOUNG JESSIE

CANT RAISE ME UP/JIMMY MCCRAKLIN

DO YOU STILL LOVE ME/COOKIE JACKSON

THE QUEEN/BIG ELLA

SOMETHING FUNNY GOING ON/BERTHA TILLMAN

BIG MAMA/THE EXPERTS

SPOILED CHILD/GARY BROWN

I STILL CARE/VIRGIL HENRY

GET OFF MY BACK/MARVIN L SIMMS

SO MUCH LOVIN/BONNIE BRISKER

MR GREEN MRS GREEN/GLADYS TYLER

NUFFIN BUT THE BLUES/FRIENDLY PEOPLE

LIVE ON/JB TROY

OO MA LIDDI/JJ JACKSON

SOMEBODYS ALWAYS TRYIN/TED TAYLOR

IM A BIG MAN/BIG DADDY ROGERS

NEXT BEST THING/BUDDY LAMP

SOMEBODY NEW/CHUCK JACKSON

GET TO STEPPIN/JACKIE DAY

I LOST A GOOD THING/GWEN OWENS

FEELING GOOD/LLOYD PRICE

CHAPERONE/LA BRENDA BEN

LEAVE ME ALONE/RAY AGEE

MISS YOU SO /TINY TOPSY

LOVER/SHERRI TAYLOR AND SAM WARD

DONT PLAY/JOE TEX

LET ME BE YOUR BOY/WILSON PICKETT

dean

• Replies 4
  • Views 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Always have a great, great time here, Even though numbers were down, though not to my eyes that noticeably, it seemed that the majority of those that were there were on the dancefloor!!!! Apologies for the non appearance of J.T. Parker, but hope the other stuff more than made up for it!!! :thumbsup:

Des

Guest Dr Pickles

Thought about getting to Go Go Children many times in the last 3yrs but never made it for one reason or another.

Glad we made the effort on Saturday. Brilliant, small and intimate venue with an excellent sound system and smoking terrace just off the dancefloor. Free parking outside and just half an hour up the road for us.

Great to see Des, Mick and Ady out. Musically quite different and by no means safe. Mainly sixties and R&B. The ska at the end was refreshing but I still can't dance to it.

In a way I'm glad it was a bit lighter on numbers as it gave us room to dance, time for John S and I to have chin wag and for me to meet Dean and Nick, also very interesting Detroit collector whos name I think was Mike. Many thanks for the CDs. What a nice guy.

ATB

Doc

Dear All

Glad you had a good nite- top tunes Dean and I know the other Dj's would have played some great sounds- sorry couldn't make it this time will try to get down again soon- hope to see you at the Gloucester Nighter on Friday! ktf

thanx for your nice comments lads!...yes des your other tunes more than made up for no jt..i think i danced your whole set through!

doc, glad you enjoyed yourself...have to sort you out a set one time,danced to you many times and think you would fit in perfect...understand about having room to dance..although when its busy the atmosphere is wicked!...mike the detroit collector is a top guy..doesnt live in bristol but works around the corner and knows his stuff!

and no worries matt will see you friday mate

dean