2011-08-28: Stoke On Trent Oldies All Nighter

Event Title: STOKE ON TRENT Oldies All Nighter

Event Author: The Golden 101

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sun 28 August 2011

-------------------------------------------------

The Stoke on Trent OLDIES All Nighter at the Queens, Etruria Rd, Basford, Stoke on Trent ST4 6JJ

9pm-6am Admission £10

DJ's TED MASSEY, NIGE BROWN, KEITH MINSHULL, JOHN POOLE, MARK FREEMAN, LITTLE SCOTTY, CASPER,

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by The Golden 101
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 22
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chrislokeh

Record Dealers please arrive early as space is limited plus Rob Smith will be bringing 23 boxes, 7 Carrier bags and a ferret! :lol:

Looking good....

Is the ferret an issue or demo :g: Chris

Had a belting night,met up with my mates and friends and made some new ones :thumbup:

Through the night all of the DJ's kept us bouncing on the floor with a set of quality tunes :thumbsup:

Mangaged to stay the distance right till the very end,although my feet and legs were telling me something different!!! :lol:

Overall a top quality night :yes::D

KTF :hatsoff2:

Wasn't sure what to expect for a first niter at an old venue. My Northern outings have been limited to Kings Hall niters of recent but enjoyed the last one so much, had to have another fix! Had a quick pint in the Museum, Newcastle and got there about 1030 to find plenty in already. Joined in on the dance floor which was kept busy by the DJ's. The place filled up - approx 200? which created a happy atmosphere. Unashamed oldies - no egos playing their floor emptiers. I ran out of steam about 0400 and crashed out round the corner at a mates house. Everyone to their own but crossover and modern (with very few exceptions) just doesn't do it for me - seems like a fair few think the same. Venue is a lot better inside than the exterior would suggest and the dance floor didn't really need the help of the Johnsons Baby Powder!

we got there around 1.15 .. the place was really buzzin proper ! what an atmosphere to walk into ... and thats sayin something having just left a full Barnsley metrodome !

full of top niter faces and lovely people all well up for it .. they were a pleasure to play to, dancing the whole night through .. top niter !

pete n' susan ktf

What a great night it was.. from the off, a nice welcome at the door,and a nice welcome from Julie H.The dance floor was kept busy all night,the djs playing what was stated oldies..i hadnt been out for a few weeks and was looking foward to it and i wasnt let down,also some great company too many to mention friends from up and down the country.. i think sometimes we are really lucky people to have great venues and great mates see you all soon.... :hatsoff2:

we got there around 1.15 .. the place was really buzzin proper ! what an atmosphere to walk into ... and thats sayin something having just left a full Barnsley metrodome !

full of top niter faces and lovely people all well up for it .. they were a pleasure to play to, dancing the whole night through .. top niter !

pete n' susan ktf

Have to agree Entirely Pete,, got there just after it stareted and it soon filled nicely dance flooor busy all nite a long with a busy record sales area!

Great start for the first one,,, cant wait to get back there New Years Eve!!! :thumbup:

Had to leave about 4am had a family thing the day after but i didnt hear a repeat while i was there either!!! :thumbsup:

Nige

post-1851-0-67576200-1314730505_thumb.jp

post-1851-0-93835200-1314730634_thumb.jp

Edited by Nige Brown
Guest FrostyJak

..Well having known this venue for more years than I care to remember :ohmy: --I was a bit dubious as to how it would lend itself to an allnighter.

Stuff that it worked a treat :yes: All DJ's did a superb job and punters played their part in creating a great atmos-- :thumbup:

I know wot ya mean yooth tis still known as "grab a grannie" in my mind :wicked: I'll try next one me thinks

Thursdays only for 'Grab-a-Grannie'. I did hear a repeat and can't for the life of me remember it now (or even 5 minutes later). Doesn't matter because sometimes you welcome a second outing of a bit of class. What's the chance of inviting Ian (TNT) Turner for a spot? He was a bit of a resident there as I remember.

got to the niter eventually after getting lost AGAIN,,,,,good music all nite with a good mix of oldies both rare and not so,,,#

dj'ed the last hour and enjoyed spinning classics such as wombat,,,cajun hart and the sherries as well as mixing a few forgotten ones such as the teen turbans,,.mighty dodos and a few others

gr8 to see place quite busy and aS ALWAYS AT niters great people

ATB mark

Guest John Poole

Agree with all the comments Didn't know what to expect having not been to the Queens before and bearing in mind how much was on offer elsewhere on a busy bank holiday but...................

The atmosphere was brilliant, the floor full all night

Has the makings of a great little nighter looking forward to the next one