soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest BROOKSIE

I think someone sold one on here a while ago and said they thought it was the later pressing as it had magic city stamped it the dead wax.

Social source share

It seems his other 2 Lanor 45s were repressed, but was this one repressed as well? Do you (or anyone else) know how to spot the difference between an original pressing and a later pressing?

The re-press is pinkier as the original is a deeper red. The original also has a bigger and bolder font. You can see the differences here:

https://www.popsike.c...0601099173.html

I wouldnt be surprised if they've all been repressed recently (last 10-15 years) looking at the Lanor website as I'm not convinced they'd have that much dead stock about after so many years, but that could be just my jaded view on life.

https://www.lanorrecords.com/

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I have posted up a want for this on here twice before, both times this year, and on neither occasion has anyone offered me either a first or second press.

In that time the 2nd press has come up once on eBay and, unfortunately, my snipe severely underestimated what a second press might go for....:hatsoff2:

Social source share

the original has `music city` stamped in the dead wax

I'm a bit confused now. Don't all copies have "music city" in the dead wax? My copy has the smaller font, so it's probably a later pressing. It has ZAFX-6806191 in the dead wax, is that also on all copies? Was it originally pressed only once (with the big font)? Is there a way to distinguish original Lanor records from later pressings in general (i.e. valid for other Lanor releases as well)?

Edited by mshoals
Social source share