Empty Bottles | Rhythm & Soul Club | Leeds. Friday 8Th July

Guest RichEvans

Guest RichEvans

Righto............ here we go again!!! :thumbsup:

Empty Bottles || Rhythm & Soul Club

Rare 60s & Upfront Northern/Rare Soul, R&B, Funk & Latin Dancers

When | Friday 8th July - then 2nd Fri bi-monthly

Where | Santiago's, Leeds (1 Grand Arcade, Leeds, LS1 6PG)

Time | 9pm - 3am

Tax | £5 on the door or £3 with an advanced PM to me or Gary for guaranteed entry.

Upstairs at Santiago's is the venue in Leeds city centre. It's an atmospheric venue with a capacity of just over a 100 and wooden flooring throughout, ideal for dancing and toe tapping :thumbup:

Expect to hear a mix of Uptempo and Rare 60s - Northern Soul, R'n'B, Funk, and Latin dancers played from original vinyl only.

With resident DJ's - Eddie Wainwright, Gary Brown & Rich Evans.

Joining us on this occasion are two great Djs.

First up, Jumpin' Joan. Renowned for her soulful sets at nighters such as The Wilton & Burnley. Joan will no doubt be treating us to some fine cuts of Detroit gems alongside other known & lesser known treats. Definitely one for the dancers!

Also joining us is London's Clanger, who as always will be keeping the dancefloor packed, just as he is used to at top mod nights, such as No Way Out in Manchester and also on the London scene. Expect to hear a healthy mix of 60s Soul, RnB and Funk edged dancers from Clanger.

£5 on the door or £3 with a PM to me or Gaz gets you 6 hours of some of the finest soulful dancers you will hear anywhere. After another packed one last month I would advise to get down early :thumbsup:

Taaaaa,

Rich, Eddie & Gaz :(

Edited by RichEvans
  • Replies 69
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest rosemary

This is my favourite venue at the moment, love the atmospheric room and always mega music playedyes.gif

And I know July's soul night will be fantastic with my lovely friend Joan DJingsmile.gif......Detroit soul....... just what I likesmile.gif

Can't wait, excited alreadybiggrin.gif

Guest RichEvans

Oops put the wrong date in the title at first, corrected now, it's definitely Friday 8th JULY!

Really excited bout Joan playing aswell Rosemary, and good to see you at YSC on Sat, was a top night!

Double decked with Clanger recently in Manchester aswell and I can assure he is a DJ to catch at the moment, quality uptempo dancers, the way it should be on a night out!!!

Edited by RichEvans
Guest rosemary

Oops put the wrong date in the title at first, corrected now, it's definitely Friday 8th JULY!

Really excited bout Joan playing aswell Rosemary, and good to see you at YSC on Sat, was a top night!

Double decked with Clanger recently in Manchester aswell and I can assure he is a DJ to catch at the moment, quality uptempo dancers, the way it should be on a night out!!!

yes great night at Yorkyes.gif.....only just recoveredbiggrin.gif

Looking forward to Clanger's spot as well, I do like uptempo, gritty soulyes.gif.....but not too uptempo that I only dance for a minute before retiring to my seat laugh.gif

Had an absolute blast at the last one :thumbsup:. Love the venue and the music was quality. I will be doing my best to get up to Leeds for this one :hatsoff2:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RichEvans

Will have to rely on Alison if it's gonna be 'FAN' dabby dozy!

Only a few weeks away now, I for one can't wait for this en! The music is gonna be top notch.

If people are needing to stay over, the Travelodge on Vicar Lane is the best bet. Only 30-40 quid for a room and it's just a couple of buildings away from the venue to stumble back! I know a few people stayed there last month and said it was ideal.

Will catch a few people out n about this weekend....

Ta,

Rich

Will have to rely on Alison if it's gonna be 'FAN' dabby dozy!

Only a few weeks away now, I for one can't wait for this en! The music is gonna be top notch.

If people are needing to stay over, the Travelodge on Vicar Lane is the best bet. Only 30-40 quid for a room and it's just a couple of buildings away from the venue to stumble back! I know a few people stayed there last month and said it was ideal.

Will catch a few people out n about this weekend....

Ta,

Rich

I can't make this one Rich sad.gif due to family things.

Have a FANtastic night everyone. I know I'm missing a belter of a night, as I've enjoyed every single one before thumbsup.gif

See you at the next un !!

Ali x

Guest RichEvans

Will be a pleasure as always Mr Bayley :rolleyes: There will be no early doors sound hiccups, i'll be down at the venue straight after work at 5.30 to make sure everything is bob on! :thumbsup:

You over at Steve's new night Different Strokes next weekend?

Ta,

Rich

Edited by RichEvans

Always a quality night at Empty Bottles, if you've not been get yourself there!

with Joan and Clanger added to the mix of the Empty Bottles team I think we're in for a treat. Lots of good things coming up recently, July is a busy busy month and it's my birthday on the 11th so this can be a pre birthday warm up followed by the monster that is Burnley on the 16th...Roll on the 8th

Callum :thumbsup:

one place i would love to go ,but Fridays out for me ,,always! but ya never know at some time , i know the Residents

and Know the Guest dj,s i know the quality of music they play , if you like to Feel and dance to music that makes the hairs

on the back of your neck stand up ? its the place to be... Have recently been hearing some of the new finds by clanger...

oh my! ...you better be ready to move those feet .

redundant statement i know ! , but have a great one !

Righto............ here we go again!!! :thumbsup:

Empty Bottles || Rhythm & Soul Club

Rare & Upfront Northern/Rare Soul, R&B, Funk & Latin Dancers

When | Friday 8th July - then 2nd Fri bi-monthly

Where | Santiago's, Leeds (1 Grand Arcade, Leeds, LS1 6PG)

Time | 9pm - 3am

Tax | £5 on the door or £3 with an advanced PM to me or Gary for guaranteed entry.

Upstairs at Santiago's is the venue in Leeds city centre. It's an atmospheric venue with a capacity of just over a 100 and wooden flooring throughout, ideal for dancing and toe tapping :unsure:

Expect to hear a mix of Uptempo and Rare 60s - Northern Soul, R'n'B, Funk, and Latin dancers played from original vinyl only.

With resident DJ's - Eddie Wainwright, Gary Brown & Rich Evans.

Joining us on this occasion are two great Djs.

First up, Jumpin' Joan. Renowned for her soulful sets at nighters such as The Wilton & Burnley. Joan will no doubt be treating us to some fine cuts of Detroit gems alongside other known & lesser known treats. Definitely one for the dancers!

Also joining us is London's Clanger, who as always will be keeping the dancefloor packed, just as he is used to at top mod nights, such as No Way Out in Manchester and also on the London scene. Expect to hear a healthy mix of 60s Soul, RnB and Funk edged dancers from Clanger.

£5 on the door or £3 with a PM to me or Gaz gets you 6 hours of some of the finest soulful dancers you will hear anywhere. After another packed one last month I would advise to get down early wink.gif

Taaaaa,

Rich, Eddie & Gaz :D

Yo Rich, Gaz & Eddie,

Sounds like a corker. Really enjoyed the first one. Hope to get across to this. Looks like I will be spending all weekend in Leeds.

Cheers guys,

KTF,

Jay

Guest rosemary

Can't believe this is next week. Really looking forward to it and seeing everyone.

How many sleeps Rosemary? :thumbsup:

8 sleeps Joan laugh.giflaugh.gif

Looking forward to this as well Joanyes.gif........coming over on the bus though cause Naughty Sue is going to Bruges for the weekend.......hope Bruges is ready for her visitlaugh.gif

Guest rosemary

I don't think anyone or anywhere could ever be truly ready for naughty Sue :yes:

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif......I have to keep her on task when she's driving cause if not that M62 is a long, long roadlaugh.gif

can i put a request in pleasesmile.gif........Incredibles - Miss Treatment biggrin.gif

see you both next Friday xxx

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif......I have to keep her on task when she's driving cause if not that M62 is a long, long roadlaugh.gif

can i put a request in pleasesmile.gif........Incredibles - Miss Treatment biggrin.gif

see you both next Friday xxx

It will be in the box for you lovely lady, along with FBR for Rich :yes:

We cant get a babysitter for this one,but my lovely boyfriend has volunteered to watch them so that I can go out with the lasses thumbsup.gif

He knoes thats theres no way I'd want to miss Joan dj :thumbsup:

Rich,can you save me 3 tickets on the cheapskate rate please :thumbsup: . Was nice seeing you at Brid,even if D cant remember it rolleyes.gif:wicked: xx

We cant get a babysitter for this one,but my lovely boyfriend has volunteered to watch them so that I can go out with the lasses thumbsup.gif

Rich,can you save me 3 tickets on the cheapskate rate please :wicked: . Was nice seeing you at Brid,even if D cant remember it rolleyes.gif:lol: xx

Awh bless you K. Be good to see you :thumbsup:

Guest rosemary

We cant get a babysitter for this one,but my lovely boyfriend has volunteered to watch them so that I can go out with the lasses :thumbsup:

Rich,can you save me 3 tickets on the cheapskate rate please :lol: . Was nice seeing you at Brid,even if D cant remember it :D:lol: xx

looking forward to seeing you Kirstyyes.gif

and Rich can I have 5 cheap entry pleasesmile.gif

Guest RichEvans

Cheapskates have been noted, keep em comin', looking forward to seeing everyone....

Roy I think youll know as well as me that you'll struggle to get Azza to put his hand in his pocket for some ale!

Shaping up to be another belter!!!

Guest RichEvans

no worries Pat, will see you at Burnley :lol:

just a week at work to go before Empty Bottles returns!

Plenty of buzz about this and looking like another packer so drop us a PM for £3/guaranteed entry thumbsup.gif

Guest RichEvans

play owt like you did in the Soul or Nothing room on Saturday night you'll go down a treat mate!!! Can't wait!!

ps... chompin? :lol::D

Guest rosemary

Really looking forward to Friday. A big weekend for me this weekend and I can't think of a better way to start it off.

Can't wait :thumbup:

I'm very very excited Joanyes.gif.......

Rich......dont forget about wine for the ladies and Bacardi for melaugh.gif

Excited and nervous in equal proportions. . . !

Bring it on. . . . I'll do me best!

Nervous...really? after all of those records that I've been giving you in record tax :thumbsup: .

On a serious note I've seen Clangers playbox recently and I'm also excited & jealous lol!

Joan And Clanger = Top night

p.s - Rich dont forget tha talc the floor is going to be busy :lol:

Callum

Excited and nervous in equal proportions. . . !

Bring it on. . . . I'll do me best!

Excited and nervous...:lol: , even after all of those records I've been giving you in record tax, you'll storm it :D !

On a serious note, I've seen Clanger's playbox recently and it's top drawer stuff all the way.

Joan and Clanger = Top night

Rich dont forget the talc mate, the dancefloor is going to be busy :thumbsup:

Callum

Guest clanger v2

play owt like you did in the Soul or Nothing room on Saturday night you'll go down a treat mate!!! Can't wait!!

ps... chompin? :thumbsup::D

Chompin?

But of course I am Mr Evans! :lol:

And there'll be no 'open deck surgery with Dr Adam Topping' this time as we'll be bringing the full kit to make sure the sound is bang on.

See ya Friday!

Gaz

laugh.gif It was like watching an episode of "Home Improvement" !

And for newcomers, please remember your crampons, as the stairs can seem quite steep if you're the worse for wear....... what was that, Rosemary?biggrin.gif

Guest rosemary

laugh.gif It was like watching an episode of "Home Improvement" !

And for newcomers, please remember your crampons, as the stairs can seem quite steep if you're the worse for wear....... what was that, Rosemary?biggrin.gif

Yes the stairs are very steep, I'm still waiting for a Stannah stair liftlaugh.gif

Guest RichEvans

Dunno bout a stair lift but the bar will be fully stocked (including plenty of vino) not like that will make the stairs easier mind ;-)

Full PA kit also sorted so don't have to rely on the bars. Sorting Dj times tonight so will post up when done, half hour spots to keep everyone on theirs toes!