♥ Blackhearts "sunday Beat" ♥

Our second "mini dayer" of three this year ... and what a super day! ... people coming in from the doors opening building up to a respectable number, even on such a warm day....

All the dj's did really fantastic spots .. no "handcuffs" here, come and play what you want to play was the formula .. and did they deliver :thumbup: each one giving the dancers and listeners alike a real treat ... so with great thanks to ...

On The Day Alphabetically :-

CHRIS BROOKE ( TOP SHEFFIELD DJ & COLLECTOR )

MICK MOYLAN ( HILCOTE SOUL CLUB )

PHIL REVIL ( BRITISH MOTOWN & RNB COLLECTOR )

GARY SHOOTER ( BENTINCK SOUL CLUB )

DAVE TIDSWELL ( NOTTINGHAM SOUL CLUB )

"TOMMO" ( NOTT'S DJ / DANCER )

and not to forget MITCH N' MYSELF :thumbsup:

thanks to all that came from the local area as well as travelers from Manchester , Northhants, n' Bedford .. I know from the comments made to me you all went home happy people !

Pete n' Susan , Mitch n' Mel

BLACKHEARTS ♥ "OLDIES" ALL NIGHTER 22ND OCTOBER only £8.00 www.blackheartsoul.co.ukNOW WITH TWO ROOMS !!

Edited by casper
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soul over easy

well first off would ilke to thank casper and mitch for pointing me in my right direction on the dj scene have received brilliant advice off casper and em-debted to his support alone ...yesterday was a great day and all dj,s played well but i must be honest and say my fav alone was gary from bentink ithink? the jewels etc did it for me took me right back to my wigan days so gary or gaz well done mate well impressed im in the process with sorting an east mids v west mids soul clubs along with my west mids compadre sammy dee ...i think east mids have got a formidable team good luck and many trhanx to two genuine soul folks casper n mitch ....ktf

Had a fantastic afternoon down at Blackheartsthumbsup.gif listening to some blistering music,hosts Mitch and Casper the perfect hosts infusing all with their love of the genre and wow what a talented line up of dj's who each managed to stamp their own take on Northern, also very approachable and willing to share their wisdom as there were quite a few tunes I didn't know! Like the previous post and the East vs West Mids comment - obviously some hidden gems and a lot going down on here with other clubs I am only just finding out about! Terrific day out and nice to see old friends, Mark and Paula and some classy dancers! Proper belting awe inspiring soul, see you all soon.

ATB and KTF

Mick

post-18185-0-31594000-1307444790_thumb.j

post-18185-0-85224200-1307444832_thumb.j

post-18185-0-23393300-1307444922_thumb.j

Had a fantastic afternoon / evening down here at this smashing club run by two of the nicest soul mad guys on the scene, Casper & Mitch. A big thank you to you both for inviting me down to spin some sounds including a few lesser known gems. You made me and the missus very welcome.

Top sounds from all the deejays, heard some stuff which I hadnt heard in years and met some lovely people too who were extremely complimentary about my spot to say the least - many thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

All in all a great day - looking forward to the next one.

See you soon folks :D

Edited by SOULFULHOUND

Still recovering from Sunday and what a Fantastic day it was! thumbup.gif A BIG thank you to all the DJ's who came down to the Blackhearts and played a great mix of Northern soul at its very best, each one stamping his own unique style to his music wink.gif And a big thank you to all the people who came and supported us, I hope we left you with smiles on your faces smile.gif The Sunday beat has become a regular feature at the Blackhearts and the next one will be in November :D Me and Casper hope you will keep supporting us in the future and we will see you on July 8th when we have Two Great DJ's Lawrence & Jools travelling down to play for us from the Harold Soul Club.

KTF Mitch & Casper

www.blackheartsoul.co.uk

Guest davethedisc

Just wanted to thank Pete and Mitch for inviting me down to play. Had the chance to slap some of my less played bits on the decks! Good to see the more seasoned soulies remembering the tunes from way back!

Guest Grumpy

Hi Mitch/Casper,

What a great Sunday, taking me away from the normal sunday afternoon on the sofa(after a lovely sunday dinner)

to a Top venue run by two top guys on the soul scene, hope you all enjoyed what I played, there was some great music played throughout the day/night,

first time I've really met Dave Tidswell, and what a great guy and a great set by him, also Chris Brooke coming from Sheffield, sorry I didn't hear all of your set, but what I did hear was top notch, that's what makes this Soul Scene of ours so good, when you can meet up with great people like this, listen to great music and forget all the politics.

Thanks for a great day, keep up the good work you are doing at this lovely venue, hats off to Mitch & Casper :rolleyes:

Mick M.

Thank you all for the great comments e mails and phone calls from the people who attended ! :lol: Mitch and I are constantly reviewing the way to go and the formula is realy coming together , next soul night is july 8th with Lawrance & jools from the superb "Harold Soul Club" ... :shades:

Pete n' Susan ♥ Mitch n' Mel

BLACKHEARTS ♥ "OLDIES" ALL NIGHTER 22ND OCTOBER only £8.00 www.blackheartsoul.co.ukNOW WITH TWO ROOMS !!