Route61 24Th. June Sheffield 7-30 Till 12-30

Route 61 Sheffield Friday 24th June 7-30pm till 12:30 am

60s / 70s Northern Soul, Rare Motown, R & B and forgotten oldies,

Resident DJ's Steve Foster /

(Soulman Martin with John Barnsley are going to brid for this one)

Guest DJ's Mopsey & Little John

Admission £4.00

Niagara Conference & leisure Centre Niagara Road

Sheffield

S6 1LU

(The Niagara Conference and Leisure Centre is situated in Sheffield just off the A61 Penistone Road North, behind the Carphone Warehouse)

For further information contact:-

Steve: 07951713882 - sfoster@fsmail.net

or

Martin: 07777629114 martin.a2.smith@btinternet.com

Route 61 soul night Niagara Road Sheffield S6 1LU

Resident DJ's Steve Foster & Soulman Martin with John Barnsley

Guest DJs. Steve B / Mopsey / Lttle John /Carl Piper

Friday 24th June 7-30pm till 12.30 am, £4.00 O.T.D.

Edited by S Foster
  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

An unfortunate clash with the Bridlington Weekender means that we will miss this one, the first one that we've missed in 18 months.

Never mind, its only a one off and with Fozzie and the rest of the crew its sure to be another great night, filled with a top mix of cracking uptempo Northern and Motown.

See you all again in July. thumbsup.gif

Martin

An unfortunate clash with the Bridlington Weekender means that we will miss this one, the first one that we've missed in 18 months.

Never mind, its only a one off and with Fozzie and the rest of the crew its sure to be another great night, filled with a top mix of cracking uptempo Northern and Motown.

See you all again in July. :rolleyes:

Martin

Unfortunately Joyce and I are at Bridlington too, such a shame to miss another great night at the Route, but we will be there making up for lost time on 15th July.

If any-one is not going to Brid and has not tried Route 61 yet now is your chance to try it out and swell the numbers.

John Hodgson aka John Barnsley

Edited by JohnBarnsley

See you all again in July.

Martin

We are in Brid too, and maybe away for the July night!! Oh well its a tough choice, Lanzarote thumbsup.gif Sheffield :lol: Lanzarote :lol: Sheffield :( hmmmmmm wonder which one to go to................ha ha

See you in Brid Martin :D x

Neil and Lisa

Lanzarote or Sheffield?............................no contest really....................it's got to be Sheffield :thumbsup:

See you both in Brid

Martin

In the absence of Soul Man Martin & John Barnsley due to brid weekender,

I am proud to announce an addition to this months Dj rosta, ex wigan northern soul dancer Tommo from Nottingham who has turned his hand to the turntables spinning 100% pure northern oldies & stompers,

glad to have you on board Tommo.

Fozzie

Friday 24th June 7.30am - 12.30am

Resident DJ Steve Foster

with Little John and Moppsey / Steve B / Carl Piper

Edited by S Foster
Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

Just want to say due to work commitments tommo will not be able to make it friday 24th june , and sends is apoligies to all concerned :thumbsup:

Just want to say due to work commitments tommo will not be able to make it friday 24th june , and sends is apoligies to all concerned :)

God thats a damm shame was looking forward to hearing Tommo's spot i will book him for a future date,

I have sorted another Dj from Barnsley to take his place, it will still be another great night, anyone not gonna Brid are more than welcome to join us on Friday June 24th

Friday 24th June 7.30am - 12.30am

Resident DJ Steve Foster

with Little John and Moppsey

Edited by S Foster
Guest BrandySistaShirl

you sure will.

steve from barnsley has some great music.

we will miss you all hav a great night and look after our table plz.:thumbsup: .x

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this month due to the Brid weekender. I know you will all have a great night as always looking forward to seeing you all next month.

have a great time at brid its a pity it falls on same weekend see ya in july take care, ktf.

Fozzie

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:thumbsup: Im not a brid this year its a pity yes it falls on the same date , but ill been down at the route enjoying some crackin northern soul and a great atmosphear cya all next week. :lol:

ktf........

Been having lots of problems with internet, now up & running

Guest DJs, for June 24th are as follows.

Little John Sheffield / Steve B. Barnsley / Carl Piper Notts / Mopsey Sheffield

& me Fozzie

If ya not going to Brid you are more than welcome to join us @ Route61

Route 61 Sheffield Friday 24th June 7-30pm till 12:30 am

60s / 70s Northern Soul, Rare Motown, R & B and forgotten oldies, current floor packers

Resident DJ's Steve Foster /

(Soulman Martin with John Barnsley are going to brid for this one)

Guest DJ's Mopsey & Little John, Steve B, Carl Piper,

Admission £4.00

Niagara Conference & leisure Centre Niagara Road

Sheffield

S6 1LU

(The Niagara Conference and Leisure Centre is situated in Sheffield just off the A61 Penistone Road North, behind the Carphone Warehouse)

For further information contact:-

Steve: 07951713882 - sfoster@fsmail.net

or

Martin: 07777629114martin.a2.smith@btinternet.com

Resident DJ's Steve Foster & Soulman Martin with John Barnsley

Guest DJs Mopsey / Lttle John

Friday 24th June 7-30pm till 12.30 am, £4.00 O.T.D.

Edited by S Foster

Hi Fozzie hope you are still keeping to a no fish diet as we don`t want you missing THE ROUTE again. lol Dave

hya dave deffo no fish for me for a long tme can't even stand walking past the fish counter in any super marketlol: i just keep remembering how rough i was & the time spent in hospital,

i wll let you know if we can set up on thursday night ok pal if mopsey can come & help & bro mark it will be a lot easier & quicker.

fozzie

Guest steveburnett

hi steve thanks for inviteing me to play at 61 looking forward to it .It will be nice to see carl piper let me know what time my spot is , thanks again .......steve burnett AKA stevie B

hi steve thanks for inviteing me to play at 61 looking forward to it .It will be nice to see carl piper let me know what time my spot is , thanks again .......steve burnett AKA stevie B

Hya Steve, its a pleasure to have you doing a spot have not yet worked out times for the djs all i can say at this point i will be starting off ok see ya on friday.

Fozzie

Edited by S Foster

Hya Steve, its a pleasure to have uou doing a spot have not yet worked out times for the djs all i can say at this point i will be starting off ok see ya on friday.

Fozzie

Hya Steve, its a pleasure to have uou doing a spot have not yet worked out times for the djs all i can say at this point i will be starting off ok see ya on friday.

Fozzie

Hya Shirl i will look after yr seats & table, many thanks for sorting things for Steve B to come & do a spot for me, hope ya have a great time at brid & not too much of that brandy (snap) lol:

i think there is only dave & me comes on here now any idea whats happened to old shoes Pete?

Fozzie

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:yes: all set for a great night down at the route , ,great dj line up ,and a mixture of great soul music , so if your up for some great northern soul check out the route 61 cya friday :hatsoff2:

peace KTF

Excellent line up for this months Route 61, an interesting mix of DJs. Pleased to see Little John guesting again and newcomer to the Route ~Stevie B, I have always enjoyed his spots in Barnsley. :(

Hope there is a good turn out and that everyone enjoys the 'Route Experience' so much that they all come back again next month and see ,what else we can offer. Almost wish I wasn't going to Brid. now, going to miss a good night, but the draw of sun, sand, sea and soul is very strong!:thumbup:

John Hodgson aka John Barnsley

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:thumbsup: Hey up carl looking forward to friday and some great soul music dont wear me out to much though lol :(:thumbup::D always a pleasure to have soul patrols company great dj line up like john said with a great variety of music hopefully weekender not affected it to much , the route will always deliver what the dancers want and also for the listeniing chill out crowd . cya all friday

PEACE KTF........:thumbup:

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

Hi ya john will miss you and joyce this month but have a good time mate and i see ya next month :(

ktf.......

Guest Old Soul

Looks like a couple of the regulars will be missing the venue this Friday, still they say its the quality and not the quantity that counts and with the DJ line up this month quality is not going to be an issue, plus all the great people that make the Route 61 a lovely place to spend a evening listening to those soul full tunes....see you all tomorrow...KTF

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

Hi ya pete true is quality not quantity and the route always gives what we ,love northern soul vibe and a great atmosphere cya tonight pete

peace KTF......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steveburnett

had a nice time at route 61 nice bunch of northern soul followers. hope to go back next year and do another spot.thanks fozzie for inviting me.STEVIE B of BARNSLEY.