Kay Gee Bee, Sheffield

Guest Barry Holland

Guest Barry Holland

Kay Gee Bee

Bar Abbey

Abbeydale Road

Sheffield

S7 1FS.

Another night of great soul music down those KGB stairs. Starting off with myself playing some classic northern as well as some rarer stuff.

Then the Mrs. will be playing some of her favourite classic northern sounds. Followed by John Moffatt (Horti' &Washington) and Andy Jones (Pilsley) with two hours of classic northern plus some forgotten gems from the back of the box and some surprises, no doubt, along the way.

Myself finishing off with some classic floorfillers.

8-00p.m. - 1-30a.m. (1-00a.m. BAR)

£2 ADMISSION.

More info. on events page.

See you all saturday, Barry, Ann, KGB, KTF.:D:lol: :lol:

• Replies 11
  • Views 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Barry

Great minds think alike, just fired the computer up and there we are - top of the page.

(not for long)

Me and Sheila are looking forward to a great night at the KGB, some choice DJs playing some great dance tunes PS who's that John :D.

See you all saturday

Andy

Guest Barry Holland

Hi Barry

Great minds think alike, just fired the computer up and there we are - top of the page.

(not for long)

Me and Sheila are looking forward to a great night at the KGB, some choice DJs playing some great dance tunes PS who's that John :D.

See you all saturday

Andy

Ey up Andy, yes, looking forward to saturday. That John's an "up and coming" local lad.:D See you soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Ey up Andy, yes, looking forward to saturday. That John's an "up and coming" local lad.:yes: See you soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"Up and coming..." - That's not happened for a bit :lol: . Been digging through the box, but the back's fallen out :huh: . Couldn't find anything less than 75p Andy - sorry mate :no: . Got some Thrash and Grunge, or have I got this totally wrong? Might have to play some of those Rhythm and Beat tunes that those American chappies made a few years back. Apparently they were once very popular in a small town in somewhere called Lancashire, wherever that is :yes: .

All joking aside, looking forward to spinning a few and having the usual good chat and a laugh with the regulars. The Bar Abbey is still one of the best venues for the soul scene in the area - just spot on :thumbup: . Here's hoping they never do it up and ruin it nono.gif . If you haven't been, why not?

ATB

John

(Darnall Horti & Washington Sunday Soul Sessions)

Guest Barry Holland

"Up and coming..." - That's not happened for a bit :huh: . Been digging through the box, but the back's fallen out huh.gif . Couldn't find anything less than 75p Andy - sorry mate :lol: . Got some Thrash and Grunge, or have I got this totally wrong? Might have to play some of those Rhythm and Beat tunes that those American chappies made a few years back. Apparently they were once very popular in a small town in somewhere called Lancashire, wherever that is :yes: .

All joking aside, looking forward to spinning a few and having the usual good chat and a laugh with the regulars. The Bar Abbey is still one of the best venues for the soul scene in the area - just spot on :thumbsup: . Here's hoping they never do it up and ruin it :thumbup: . If you haven't been, why not?

ATB

John

(Darnall Horti & Washington Sunday Soul Sessions)

Thanks for the kind words John, should be another great night down those stairs. Good sounds, great friends and plenty of ale for those who wish to imbibe. See you saturday, Barry, KGB, KTF.:yes::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Barry,

sounds like it's gonna be another great night at the KGB again Saturday :D. Sorry we can't make this one :(, me & Sue are going to see The Impressions live in Manchester on Saturday :). Great DJ line & always a brill atmosphere, as said earlier if you have'nt tried the KGB yet, get your selfs along, you're in for a treat whistling.gif:D.

Had great night with you & Ann at the 02 Acadamy last week :), see you out & about soon Baz, Dave :wave:

Guest Barry Holland

Hi Barry,

sounds like it's gonna be another great night at the KGB again Saturday :lol:. Sorry we can't make this one :(, me & Sue are going to see The Impressions live in Manchester on Saturday :lol:. Great DJ line & always a brill atmosphere, as said earlier if you have'nt tried the KGB yet, get your selfs along, you're in for a treat :yes::D.

Had great night with you & Ann at the 02 Acadamy last week :yes:, see you out & about soon Baz, Dave :D

Ey up Dave, no probs, hope you and Sue have a great time in Manchester. I think people would've been talking as we've been d.j.'ing at the same do's for the last 3 weeks,:yes::lol: all the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.thumbsup.gif

Hi Woody

Hope you have a great time in Manchester - If only I'd known the Impressions were on I'd have tried to book some tickets.

Never mind the Impressions loss is Barrys gain, expecting a great night at the KGB, hope to keep the dance floor moving, I know Barry, Ann and John will be doing the same, so I'll need to be on top form to compete, so I'm sorting thru my box now, and playing a few:-

Sunny Carrington - The Girl Every Guy Should Know - Deep

Have a good time on saturday and see you next week at the Robin Hood

Andy

Hi Woody

Hope you have a great time in Manchester - If only I'd known the Impressions were on I'd have tried to book some tickets.

Never mind the Impressions loss is Barrys gain, expecting a great night at the KGB, hope to keep the dance floor moving, I know Barry, Ann and John will be doing the same, so I'll need to be on top form to compete, so I'm sorting thru my box now, and playing a few:-

Sunny Carrington - The Girl Every Guy Should Know - Deep

Have a good time on saturday and see you next week at the Robin Hood

Andy

Nice tune Andy - been saving up?:thumbsup:

See you later

John & Helen

Source Advert