Little Nicky help?

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Firstly what a brilliant double sider this one is........ I first bought this record off Dave Thorley for £15.00 at an alldayer many moons ago then let it go for £25.00 in the early 80's, a big mistake one which i regreted until last year when i finally sourced my second copy for £600.00 from my good friend Dave Rivers, now Tim Brown included ' I Wanted To Tell You' on one of his Millonaires CD's and i seem to remember it being valued at a cool £1,000.00 perhaps a little high but in terms of how rare this is this price should be the selling price?

'You Said' is very much the Northern side and with a little turntable action this would i'm sure become a big tune second time round.

Also check out The Four Arts - 'Who Do You Think You Are' also on Shee records out of the Bronx NYC, a beautiful looking pink label and if Nicky Soul is worth upwards of a grand then the Four Arts must be up the too, superb street corner to soul male group harmonies of the highest order.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Also check out The Four Arts - 'Who Do You Think You Are' also on Shee records out of the Bronx NYC, a beautiful looking pink label and if Nicky Soul is worth upwards of a grand then the Four Arts must be up the too, superb street corner to soul male group harmonies of the highest order.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

The Four Arts publishing is Elsid Music Co. which I am sure someone told me was Sidney Barnes's

Social source share

The last two copies on ebay (another one maybe 18 months or so ago, don't recall exactly, but it was there) went for less than £600, more like £400 - £500, both were also in good clean condition it seemed. I have heard a lot of talk about the "You Said" side but still have not heard it, at least not properly or consciously. I would be grateful if someone could send an RA or MP3 or other sound file to chrisherm74@yahoo.com

Christian

Social source share

There's one on Shifty's latest list - £400. Cheap?

Social source share

The last two copies on ebay (another one maybe 18 months or so ago, don't recall exactly, but it was there) went for less than £600, more like £400 - £500, both were also in good clean condition it seemed. I have heard a lot of talk about the "You Said" side but still have not heard it, at least not properly or consciously. I would be grateful if someone could send an RA or MP3 or other sound file to chrisherm74@yahoo.com

Christian

Neither the Four Arts or Little Nicky Soul are probably that well known by the mainstream punters. If one or two of the right DJs started playing them agaiin they would have their day again and maybe they would thewn fetch that bit more. Don't hear either played out much at all.

Will dig the "You Said" mp3 out for you Christian.

Social source share

Yeah, I was watching the one on E-bay (Little Nicky) and this ended right in the middle of Englands qtr final in potugal....as my good friend Dylan Czabaniuk said, you were robbed of a perfectly good goal there, and the record had surley gone higher if all the uk lads weren´t watching the telly!! Or am I wrong he he

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I love both sides of Little Nicky (not the adam sandler movie :-O) and i think the Four Arts is good but surely a "collectors sound", can't really see Four Arts "going big" but it sounds nice at home although the production is very "shrieky", i always have to turn down the volume a bit when listened to..

Diefferent label designs on these 2 also? Isn't the Shee design on Four Arts in a cloud of smoke on the label? I might be dreaming as usual..

best

Leo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!