Tokyo Soul

To any of you well travelled guys.........

I'm off to Tokyo next week, and wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of any good record shops to browse? I have been many times before, and have found the odd few, so I'm not expecting to pick up any bargains! Just somewhere to kill a few hours on a Saturday afternoon!

I'm staying in the Ikebukuro area, and can recommend the ZAPP bar, where they have stacks of soul LP's (mainly 70's & 80's) and good bar food at a reasonable price!

Any info would be welcome

Cheers

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

To any of you well travelled guys.........

I'm off to Tokyo next week, and wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of any good record shops to browse? I have been many times before, and have found the odd few, so I'm not expecting to pick up any bargains! Just somewhere to kill a few hours on a Saturday afternoon!

I'm staying in the Ikebukuro area, and can recommend the ZAPP bar, where they have stacks of soul LP's (mainly 70's & 80's) and good bar food at a reasonable price!

Any info would be welcome

Cheers

Dave

Flynny's the guy ya wanna be talking to mate, he's in or nearabouts Tokyo

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/profile/9555-flynny/

Social source share

the Disk Union chain is pretty good, they're a chain and have shops in many areas, with Shinjuku and Shibuya being the best, but all their shops are split into sub-shops so make sure to look out for the soul/funk/r'n'b ones.

Near the Disk Union in Shibuya there is a big building (opposite Tokyo Hands and just up the same road as Disk Union) which has about 5 record shops which sell a variety of soul/funk/r'n'b/reggae/ska plus in that general area there are quite a lot of soul record shops.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert