Name that tune??

While watching the olympics over the weekend the bbc played in the background a great uptempo funky dancer that I can only assume was called 'I Believe in Miracles'.............

can anybody let me know who it was

Thanks

John

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Despite being played to death along with Maceo "Cross The Tracks" etc in the 80s - this remains a superb and highly-sought after single.

A few years ago I was round Tef's house and pulled the original from one his boxes. He was very very drunk so I thought it would be a great time to ask if I could have it . He said "yes" !!

Joy turned to guilt after 24 hours so I called him, confessed i'd been a rascal and gave it back to him straight away.

John, if you can'tget your hands on the 7", try the album - a great slice of 70s funkin' soul - f56811dwe8t.jpg

Social source share

'Shake her loose' is another great track from the Jackson Sisters on mums, I think.

The BBC have also put out 'The Gallop' MWATTSS, and 'Make me believe in you' PJ.

Just think if you had the chance to pick the tunes, some folks are jammy beggars.

At the moment 'Cheatin Kind' would go down well the Greeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Social source share

John, if you can'tget your hands on the 7", try  the album

Hi Kolla

What year is the album & is the track the long version? The reason I ask is because I have a black & red label 7" from 1973 with NOT FOR SALE on it which is 2:57 prior to 12" records being widley available. I have also seen the 7" as a white demos, but never bothered to check the release date.

However, I've also got a UK 12" by 'The Urban All Stars' from 1998 called "It Began in Africa" that has a long version on it, published in 1976 Polygram records. Was it released on Polygram as a 12" in '76, I've never seen one?

Social source share

I Believe In Miracles is a great track in my opinion. It was played at Soul In The City, which is primarily a Northern night, when it was at the Old Blue Last pub near Old Street. I believe Rob Messer played it. But of course there wasn't a dance floor there.

How do people on here feel about playing records like this at Northen nights?

Social source share

"I Believe In Miracles" is one of my all-time fave tunes. Just brilliant. There are usually a couple of copies for sale every month on eBay. The original LP is considerably harder to get ahold of and with a price to reflect that. There are quite convincing bootlegs of the LP available on eBay most of the time though if you just want to hear it.

Social source share

I have got a nice 7" white demo on Prophesy and also a re-issue on Urban records. Without doubt a brilliant tune (i'll have to get out and play the blasted thing now, haven't heard it in a while!)

Social source share

I Believe In Miracles is a great track in my opinion. It was played at Soul In The City, which is primarily a Northern night, when it was at the Old Blue Last pub near Old Street. I believe Rob Messer played it. But of course there wasn't a dance floor there.

How do people on here feel about playing records like this at Northen nights?

Rob asked me last week about doing another guest spot at SITC. Well the reason I gave you why you couldn't wasn't true Rob, it was cause you played a bloody 70's record the last time ! (Only joking mate) ;-)

Dave G

Social source share

Great record! Just to confuse matters, I've got a 45 copy on U.S Polydor? I've seen the Prophesy 45s and the Urban release (incidentally - if you like your funk, get the Urban Classics Vol 1 compilation - Bobby Byrd, Maceo etc) but not seen another copy on U.S Polydor. I know that Urban is part of Polydor, but not seen another on Polydor - anyone shed any light on this? Probably just a later re-issue .

Rich

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

can anyone tell me which version is better - the lp or 12" version?

thanks

wendy

Opinion varies on this one Wendy it really depends on whether you prefer the extended instrumental breaks in 12"'s. Personally i prefer the 7" and the last one i sold was for £95 on prophesy a while ago now although i am told that it can be picked up much cheaper. The Mumms 7 has been listed in record collector at £70 for years now not sure on the 12's though even though there was a thread about this very subject a while back on one of the lists.

John

Social source share

Personally i prefer the 7" and the last one i sold was for £95 on prophesy a while ago now although i am told that it can be picked up much cheaper. The Mumms 7 has been listed in record collector at £70 for years now not sure on the 12's though even though there was a thread about this very subject a while back on one of the lists.

John

What about a UK Mums demo?

I got mine in a trade for a pair of Big E Levis.....

WOOF!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!