Kindred Soul @ Bidds June 2011

A very big thank you to all the people who came to support us, to see you all there may it really worth our while.

Also a very big thank you to all the Dj's for playing outstanding spots, Carl and Maria Willingham, Ted Massey, John 'The Purist' Pugh and Paul Gould.

The next Kindred Soul is next month July 23rd with again another top line up of DJ's John Weston, Chic, Cressy and KennyOnions.

Once again thank you for your continued support and do come along next month to Kindred Soul.

post-9095-0-48023400-1307871649_thumb.jp

Edited by Tony Foster
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

We had a great night :thumbsup:

Although there were a few faces missing what with Clotheeps being on, we were all in agreement that you would not have heard better music anywhere last night. All DJs were quite frankly outstanding (well apart from a certain lady who didn't play Milton Parker) :thumbsup:

Loved the insight from Linda with regards to female record collectors / DJ's :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work guys!

Yup, once again a full on night of quality tunes from all the DJs :hatsoff2:

Thanks to all who turned out, the DJs, Linda & the Doorstaff and Ant &his staff @ Bidds....not forgetting, of course, the relentless advertising by a certain Mr Foster :thumbsup:

July 23rd it is then :yes:

Soz this is late Tony just touched base after a hectic weekends Soulin!!

Our first visit sice Tony Foster at the helm for Soul Nights at the venue,,,,

A little down on numbers apparently from the opening night ,,,,,,|BUT,,,,

My God!! what a feast of tunage we were treated to!!!!

From when we arrived till when we left ,,, record after record totall quality it was fookin relenttless!!

It was a lovely atmosphere tooo,,, lots of recotds for sale ,,,, and John " Local Hero Fisher had me in stiches with a certain picture he showed me ,,, marvelous stuff!

Lots of sweets and lollys on th door on arival and Mace seemed on his best behaviour!!

A great night Tony hope you get better support in future!!!1,,, folks on here always moan about the lack of quality Soul Nites and yet dont support great nights like this ,,,, its beyond me ,,,, and NOT everyone was at Cleggy!!!!

Thanks for a great night of quality Soul Tony and all involved!!! :lol:

Nige

Edited by Nige Brown
Guest I KNOW NOTHING

Soz this is late Tony just touched base after a hectic weekends Soulin!!

Our first visit sice Tony Foster at the helm for Soul Nights at the venue,,,,

A little down on numbers apparently from the opening night ,,,,,,|BUT,,,,

My God!! what a feast of tunage we were treated to!!!!

From when we arrived till when we left ,,, record after record totall quality it was fookin relenttless!!

It was a lovely atmosphere tooo,,, lots of recotds for sale ,,,, and John " Local Hero Fisher had me in stiches with a certain picture he showed me ,,, marvelous stuff!

Lots of sweets and lollys on th door on arival and Mace seemed on his best behaviour!!

A great night Tony hope you get better support in future!!!1,,, folks on here always moan about the lack of quality Soul Nites and yet dont support great nights like this ,,,, its beyond me ,,,, and NOT everyone was at Cleggy!!!!

Thanks for a great night of quality Soul Tony and all involved!!! :lol:

Nige

hi nige. did you manage to remember the record i played in my car for you as you were leaving? i bet not.

Tony.

My second trip to Bidds and I forgot how cold it is when you get there early ...oh but it soon warmed up a treat. I didn't expect a masive crowd because it was cleethorpes this weekend , so that woud have drawn a few ... anyway as I have said on many occasions you don't need a massive crowd to have a good time.

Music was superb lots aof great tunes played on the night , ted wore me out again , I was praying he would play a duff tune so I could have a rest ..yeah . It was so nice to hear Chuck Flamingo one of my top faves of all time , forgot its not so easy to dance to when you are older and slower , but hey ho I gave it a good go.

By the end of the night I was pretty damn hot , most I have danced in a long time.

Did anyone notice the moon on their way home ? It was massive and as you came out of bidds it was straight on and very low ..my god it was like an outer limits moment , never seen the moon at that angle.

Look forward to my next visit :lol:

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

Never forget a good tune ... Slim WIllis . .. B-side lots of lovely harmonica ..all noted :lol: forgot the bloomin title though :thumbsup:

HAHAHAHA ph34r.gifph34r.gif