Impressions

Previously posted in forthcoming events in response to Pete Dillon's post in error.

Can't see any other reports from last night so here goes - they were awesome !!!!

Managed to get Fred Cash's set /running order of songs from off the stage and get it signed.

Here 's the batting order

It's alright

Gypsy Woman

Talkin' bout my baby

I'm so proud

Woman got soul

Loved and I lost

You've been cheating

Choice of clours

Keep on pushin'

Were 'a winner

People get ready

Superfly

Mighty mighty spade and whitey

Encore :- Move on up.

Curtom Orchestra were excellant and the fella's were real gents - nothing too much trouble at the meet and greet afterwards. They spent over an hour chatting,signing records ( including Pete Roberts dozen singles !!!!!!) and having their photos taken.

Credit to Reggie Tourean who stood in for Curtis (RIP) - he was a star.

Had front row middle seats and have been playing back the videos on the camera this morning - even my 15 year old daughter ( normally Justin Bieber fan but I'll beat that out of her) was impressed.

News is they hope to be back next year - those who missed last night make sure you don't make the same mistake next time.

Spent a great three hours with Les in King Bee in the afternoon which made the trip from Derby even more worthwhile - best regards to you Les - see you soon

Graham

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest s0ul45

The Impressions performance in London on Friday was equally noteworthy.

Does that playlist mean you were cheated of two of their finest performances at the Barbican?

The phenomenal 'I've Been Trying' along with 'This Is My Country' which made them all laugh, knowing they were in the UK!

Previously posted in forthcoming events in response to Pete Dillon's post in error.

Can't see any other reports from last night so here goes - they were awesome !!!!

Managed to get Fred Cash's set /running order of songs from off the stage and get it signed.

It's alright

Gypsy Woman

Talkin' bout my baby

I'm so proud

Woman got soul

Loved and I lost

You've been cheating

Choice of clours

Keep on pushin'

Were 'a winner

People get ready

Superfly

Curtom Orchestra were excellant and the fella's were real gents - nothing too much trouble at the meet and greet afterwards. They spent over an hour chatting,signing records ( including Pete Roberts dozen singles !!!!!!) and having their photos taken.

Had front row middle seats and have been playing back the videos on the camera this morning - even my 15 year old daughter ( normally Justin Bieber fan but I'll beat that out of her) was impressed.

News is they hope to be back next year - those who missed last night make sure you don't make the same mistake next time.

Spent a great three hours with Les in King Bee in the afternoon which made the trip from Derby even more worthwhile - best regards to you Les - see you soon

Graham

I was in seat A21 at the Bridgewater last night near you :hatsoff2: , I picked up Sam Gooden's running order but couldn't stay afterwards for autographs :{

A great night

Edited by Phil_H

It's alright

Gypsy Woman

Talkin' bout my baby

I'm so proud

Woman got soul

Loved and I lost

You've been cheating

Choice of clours

Keep on pushin'

Were 'a winner

People get ready

Superfly

Graham

What a quality performance from the Impressions. Just blew me away! I was close to tears when they did 'Gypsy Woman'..

Guest Kev Briscoe

Thanks for the 'batting order' Graham!!

I was trying to memorise it on the night but got caught up in the emotion!!

What a great night and performance from the guys, still can't believe that the place wasn't packed.

Shame on those who missed it!!

Hard to pick a highlight but "I'm So Proud" was incredible!!

Kev Briscoe

Wish I could of been there but to be honest I'm sick of trailing round the country for Soul nights out (from Teesside where nothing happens) sad.gif

But hand on heart what was it like without Curtis ?

Mike

I haven't met anyone who didn't think it was just pure brilliance. Spent Saturday recording all my Impression's and Curtis's tunes onto a CD and they still sound the same as they did 40 years ago. The vocal harmonies were breathtaking. Sorry Mike but you missed one of the best concerts you could have seen. Catch them next year when they return. Cheers Warren

I haven't met anyone who didn't think it was just pure brilliance. Spent Saturday recording all my Impression's and Curtis's tunes onto a CD and they still sound the same as they did 40 years ago. The vocal harmonies were breathtaking. Sorry Mike but you missed one of the best concerts you could have seen. Catch them next year when they return. Cheers Warren

Nice one - glad they were great - hope Womack is as good next week !!

Well what can i say except f****in awesome biggrin.gif am still reeling and the wa

rm up band were`nt too bad either (Speedometer) cracking funky soulful band :lol: would just like to say a big thanks to the manager for letting us have a piccie or to with the old boys :D and cuddling Fred was like having my own big teddy bear :ohmy:

A great big thankyou to my dear friend Sara for taking me and treating me all night for my 50th birthday prezzie ........thanx hun xxxxxx

Guest Kev Briscoe

Hi Mike! Are you going to see Womack?

If so, see you there. if not see you at Retford!

(ps The Imps were awsome!)

Kev