• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Bargain ?????

Or Not ????

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item588e69d326

...think its the patches that seem to be the selling point...................................

...hope for us all if this fetches its price Nige

....Have you still got ya 'Jockey Y Fronts' that ya wore on the night Roy C was live at the Torch mate,-- complete with perspiration stains.

should fetch a tidy sum biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

...think its the patches that seem to be the selling point...................................

...hope for us all if this fetches its price Nige

....Have you still got ya 'Jockey Y Fronts' that ya wore on the night Roy C was live at the Torch mate,-- complete with perspiration stains.

should fetch a tidy sum biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You bitch Jezz

and they WERENT perespiration stains!! wink.gif:ohmy::D

And Daz it wouldnt fit me it tooooo big!! :lol:

Social source share

the postage is free bargain!!!

chancer- if theres a mug out there that pay that for it good luck to the seller

You can get a mug as well :ohmy:

Seriously though it can't be worth that much..ive seen loads of people wearing stuff like that :lol:

Social source share

As willy waving goes Nige .. imagine arriving at the venue in a motor with the private plates NSOUL ....carrying your box of very expensive records and wearing that jacket!

Don't get much better than that :ohmy:

NEV your a Star!!

Now i know what to get TED MASSEY for Christmas!! wink.gif

Cheers mate!!:lol:

Social source share

As willy waving goes Nige .. imagine arriving at the venue in a motor with the private plates NSOUL ....carrying your box of very expensive records and wearing that jacket!

Can't see Kegsy bidding on it though!!!!!!!!!!! too many records to buy

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

I've got a Wrangler jacket which I've had since 1982, it's covered in scooter rally and northern soul patches and is in a pretty rancid condition, it does have sentimental value but I'd let it go for say £1000 ish? Oh, part of the right hand shoulder is knackered from a crash on my 17th birthday so overall its vg- I'd say.

FREE POSTAGE!

:lol:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I have just asked him a question. What size is the jacket?

Would he sell the jacket without the badges?

P smile.gif

PMSL :)

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

vintage levi jackets can be worth a lot of money........generally the earlier the better the "e" in levi must be a capital E.........also this jacket is in very poor condition as some idiot has covered it in silly music badges..........value at auction......about 7/6d on a good day with stevie wonder bidding peggy

Social source share

Guest NellyPledge

No,definitely not a bargain Our Nige,,

If the photo colours are true..

this is black denim which was not of the time...a soulie would not have worn black denim

I may be old but i ain't stoopid...DOH

ALSO

I am sorry Peggy, but I don't understand your 'silly music badges' comment..

I guess 'you had to be there'..

were you?

Many people were and will remember the time fondly in their dotage.

Vintage is only worth what someone will actually pay for it..like anything sweetie.

KTF, health, happiness and a Soulies love to you Peggy.

Edited by NellyPledge
Social source share

Guest NellyPledge

in response to davetays " I got WTF.". .made me larf out loud... thanks for cheering me up Dave.. that was sooo funny... nice xmas pressie for you tho for her to chew over... me and me Geez both have original levis with "Silly music badges" all over them.. they are treasured loved and still worn... My Geez actually gave me mine, so this has made me stop and think what a wonderful gesture on his part, (knowing he is a Yorkshire man and Watertight!) I shall have to revue the TLC this weekend I think..Awww Bless

Social source share

As a collectable type of Levi Jacket (type 557) this jacket is worth little money. As stated by 'Peggy Babcock' the more collectable 557X type jacket have a big E tag & were produced from 1962 to 1966 they then became 557 from 1967 to 1969. In 1969 these jackets became small e, but were still made (in the main) from Cone 505 denim. NB: The 501/505 Jeans however went small e tag in 1971.

All collectable Levis 557 jackets are badged 70505 0217 or sometimes 70506 0217 the patches difffer from large (almost square) in 1963 to later oblong ones 1967 onwards, also there are differences in the inner top pocket material and the 'flag stitching' inside the top pockets.

Anything else (like this jacket) is not @ present considered Vintage or collectable, so the badges are worth more than the jacket. The majority of these badges however are available on e-bay, but I would not reccomend replicating this jacket for profit, using a good sixties jacket as a base as it will devalue the jacket to collectors. Regarding Wrangler denim jackets if it does not have outside double stitching around the top of the arm or has a zig zag type denim (broken twill) and no 'Blue Bell' inside badge, it is not regarded as vintage or colllectable. I am a part time collector & dealer of Vintage denim, so I hope this helps if you want to determine the value of your jacket. PS: All Levis Leather Jackets with 'Shorthorn' badges are very collectable (Big E) the later 'Batwing' varient (Small e) less so.

Best Regards Ricardo. :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

No,definitely not a bargain Our Nige,,

If the photo colours are true..

this is black denim which was not of the time...a soulie would not have worn black denim

I may be old but i ain't stoopid...DOH

ALSO

I am sorry Peggy, but I don't understand your 'silly music badges' comment..

I guess 'you had to be there'..

were you?

Many people were and will remember the time fondly in their dotage.

Vintage is only worth what someone will actually pay for it..like anything sweetie.

KTF, health, happiness and a Soulies love to you Peggy.

hello fella...........had to be where?..............where ones been or not been has no relavance..........but i,ve been to em all bar the wheel. As for "silly music badges" as I said "silly music badges"..........whats hard to understand?............pegEEEEEE

Social source share

Only 10 minutes to get your bids in!!!!!

Ayup Dave,

Have you still got your long black leather which you always wore back in the day??...:(:thumbup::D:thumbsup:

It might be worth a couple of grand now on e-bay...:thumbup::lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully catch up at Brid this weekend.

Bridgey

Social source share

Ayup Dave,

Have you still got your long black leather which you always wore back in the day??...:thumbsup::(:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It might be worth a couple of grand now on e-bay...:D:lol: :lol: :yes:

Hopefully catch up at Brid this weekend.

Bridgey

Silly me. I'm too Motown. I thought you all were talking about Levi Stubbs of the Four Tops at first! Although I do have a Denim/Leather pant outfit that's never been worn (size 12) bought in 1980! It still has the price tag on it. I haven't found a family member deserving of it yet.

Lorraine

Social source share

Silly me. I'm too Motown. I thought you all were talking about Levi Stubbs of the Four Tops at first! Although I do have a Denim/Leather pant outfit that's never been worn (size 12) bought in 1980! It still has the price tag on it. I haven't found a family member deserving of it yet.

Lorraine

Oh Lorraine......put it on please and post a photo on here. Denim and leather Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :(:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Steve Handbury :thumbsup:

Social source share

Lorraine

You will be able to advertise it as Mint Minus, then again, if it's still in the original rapper and hasn't been opened, sell it as a Mint outfit....:rolleyes:

PS: Take the price tag off, you don't want anyone to know how much you paid (just in case you start it at a 4 figure sum)....:thumbsup:

Social source share

Oh Lorraine......put it on please and post a photo on here. Denim and leather Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :thumbsup::D:P

Steve Handbury :rolleyes:

Steve,

...bought in 1980, size 12!!!!!

...2011, size ???? (I'll never tell!)

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!