Peterborough - The Spinning Wheel

Guest Junior

Guest Junior

Does anyone remember the night Desmond Dekker appeared at The Spinning Wheel in Peterborough? It was probably 1968. He arrived in the back of a big old Humber wearing a coat with a fur collar. The Aces opened the set and lit the place up before he even set foot on stage. As I remember the Spinning Wheel was more of a disco spot than an a venue for live bands. I'm starting to think I dreamed the whole thing.

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Does anyone remember the night Desmond Dekker appeared at The Spinning Wheel in Peterborough? It was probably 1968. He arrived in the back of a big old Humber wearing a coat with a fur collar. The Aces opened the set and lit the place up before he even set foot on stage. As I remember the Spinning Wheel was more of a disco spot than an a venue for live bands. I'm starting to think I dreamed the whole thing.

The Spinning Wheel was in the back of the B&D I never went, far too young and scared..

Nick Atters ole man was the manager.

Social source share

The Spinning Wheel was in the back of the B&D I never went, far too young and scared..

Nick Atters ole man was the manager.

Social source share

• 2 years later...

The Spinning Wheel

Richard Littlejohn, yes from The Daily Mail, used to be the DJ here.

A great place at that time to enjoy Tamla and Stax.

Black Sabbath even did a gig here at the beginning of their rise to fame. I'm still surprised that they played here, I've seen bigger living rooms!

Happy days!

I thought that would be you Mac!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert