Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

On the modern side not strictly new but i have been playing the Cafe de Soul Vol 4 to death recently great stuff if you like your modden modern ifyerknowwhatimean and on the Norman Soultrouser side of things the Goldmine Rare Soul Heaven and too shabby either

John

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

THE NORTHERN SOUL OF DORE', excellent double CD 53 tracks.

We have this stuck at home and just not got around to playing it yet it is any good then Brett ??

John

Social source share

Yeah John ( well i like it) a few alternate takes on songs plus a longer version of "Gone With The Wind Is My Love" by Rita & Tiaras. Plus all the big sounds on the label, many favs but for me outstanding are "The Dip" by the Whispers (certain we all know that brilliant sound) and a few late Sixties things like The Superbs "The Wind In My Sails" amongst many others.

more than recommended.

Social source share

Got to agree with you there Brett, the Dore CD is well worth anyones money, and I'm sure I saw it on Amazon for about £12 after I'd paid £18 for it,grrrrrrr. I just can't stop playing the alternative version of The Whispers "The Dip" there are a couple of really classy slower numbers by the Superbs that are really tasty.

The Richard Searling compilation "You Better Believe It" is pretty good, doesn't seem to have been plugged much but it's worth a punt.

On the modern side I can't stop playing "Legacy" the new release from the Temptations, just oozes class.

Cheers

NickG

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!