Soul & Motown Nights

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

why do promoters advertise "Soul and Motown" nights?

are'nt they one and the same? :) . Would a Soul and Okeh night, or a Soul and Ric Tic night be advertised? After all, Motown is a label , same as the rest

hmmmmm

Cos they are aiming at a certain market.Okeh,Ric-Tic would go over their heads?.My parents have never heard of Okeh,but maybe would attend a Motown advertised night.

Social source share

are'nt they one and the same? :) . Would a Soul and Okeh night, or a Soul and Ric Tic night be advertised? After all, Motown is a label , same as the rest

hmmmmm

They should just put 'handbag soul' because that's what they end up as. They put Motown to attract the general public i.e. non-soulies.

Social source share

They should just put 'handbag soul' because that's what they end up as. They put Motown to attract the general public i.e. non-soulies.

Aren't you a "preferred DJ" for these kind of nights in your area Pete? :thumbsup:

Social source share

are'nt they one and the same? :thumbsup: . Would a Soul and Okeh night, or a Soul and Ric Tic night be advertised? After all, Motown is a label , same as the rest

hmmmmm

Isn't Soul a label too? Same as the rest?... How about a Shrine and Motown Night?......hmmmmm g.gif

Social source share

"Club Classics" is another one... That's such a wide church that you could play almost anything. Handbaggers is a bit uncharitable, as I always think of my sister, who at nearly 60, is every inch a Soul fan and has some great records, it's just that they're not Leon Haywood and The Artistics , that's all. Is there a male version of a handbagger?

Social source share

"Club Classics" is another one... That's such a wide church that you could play almost anything. Handbaggers is a bit uncharitable, as I always think of my sister, who at nearly 60, is every inch a Soul fan and has some great records, it's just that they're not Leon Haywood and The Artistics , that's all. Is there a male version of a handbagger?

A holdaller ?

Malc

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

:D

Can always rely on you Malc to start my day off with a chuckle, thanks mate.

Hey up Dave did you go to the Soul and Motown night at Stamford last night?thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hey up Dave did you go to the Soul and Motown night at Stamford last night?thumbsup.gif

No Smudge , Dave will have gone to another " S & M " session :D

Malc

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Yup, had a few beers and chat with the guys mate, as yer do.

:D

PS - Fook off Burton you perv :(

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

No Smudge , Dave will have gone to another " S & M " session :D

Malc

S and M ? Is that small and medium lollaugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Like I said guys, just having a drink with the lads at the door. rolleyes.gif

midget.jpg

Poke looks a c-nt with that hairdo :D

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest Ranger

Probably because,

Pissheads that never went to Wigan because their mams wouldn't let them go, spilling drinks on the dancefloor, puking up in the bogs, bumping into you without apologising, saying the DJ is crap bcause he hasn't got Third Finger Left Hand and breathing garlic over your missus whilst trying to get off with her.

doesn't sound as good on the flyer.

That was the last 'Soul & motown night' I went to anyway. In my experience it usually turns out to be the modern day version of a working man's club night.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

don't normally go to these but have Dj-ed at one mind you i was on first so snuck in a lot of stuff not expected at the night. Might aswell not have soul and motown nights instead just call it oldies night for anyone into 50's - 80's music they might like pop aswell and stuff.

Social source share

Guest kelvinx

Ive never understood a music policy being described as "strictly across the board"...seems a contradiction imho.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!