Different Strokes.. Soul Or Nothing Meets Barefootin

Barefootin and Soul Or Nothing are back in July with the City Center club night... 2 rooms play a mix of 60s northern/ rare soul/crossover/ Deep Funk/ RnB/ Ska/Reggae etc etc.. A full range of sounds in 2 rooms and under one roof..

Upstairs at the Nags Head

Saturday 2nd July.. 8pm to 2am... £5 before 10pm £6 after

Entrance on Jacksons Row/ Lloyd St off Deansgate Manchester.. 2 rooms with dancefloors/ roof top terrace... for smokers holds around 250...

Double rooms available also for guests/ djs to stay over.. £50 per room. 4 rooms available, if you want to stay then book early... limited free parking on the street outside or ncp car park/ 10 mins walk..

We will feature a whole range of guest djs from around the UK and beyond

Guest djs..

Big George Mahood (Future Shock, Soul or Nothing)

Dave Ripolles

Clanger (Hard as Nails)

Paul Walker (7 inch Soul Club)

Sam Waller

The Minx DJ Set (Ska, Rocksteady & the sounds of Jamaica

Residents..

Steve Cato

Rich Penrith

Matty Hill

Edited by little-stevie
  • Replies 23
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sadly I dont think I can make this one, as I'm spinnin' elsewhere, but I'm totally p****d about it, if you missed the first, strokes has a sensational 2nd room but maintians the diversity and scope musically of soul or nothing. Simply one of the most stimulating nights out I've had in years, Different strokes is 'in the pocket!'

Cheers for heads up mate, look forward to catching up with you again soon...

Always gonna try and push something a little different....

The soul or nothing room will feature Dave ( the dentist ) Ripolles, Big George, Clanger and Steve Cato.. Northern/ rare soul/ crossover/ deepfunk/

The Barefootin room will feature Sam Waller... Rich Penrith.. Paul Walker and the Minx boys... Northern/ funk/ RnB/ Ska/ reggae/rare groove

Extra pa for woof the sound, dim the lighting and drinks promotions on 5 selected drinks :hatsoff2: , its all gonna get there..

Future guests include

Roddy, Mace, Azza, Bald Mark, Dave Thorley, Matt Fox, Banbury Soul club and the boys from Va Va Voom..

Drop us a line if you need any more info...

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Phil.. Catch up soon mate..

The dj times for different Strokes..

Soul or Nothing ...... Underplayed 60s/ 70s Northern, Rhythm and soul, Crossover, Deep funk, Ghetto grooves, Big city ballads

8pm to 9.30.............. freestyle open decks

9.30......................... Steve Cato

10.00....................... Clanger

10.30....................... Dave Ripolles

11.00....................... Big George

11.30 .......................Steve Cato

12.00....................... Dave Ripolles.

12.30....................... Clanger

01.00................... Big George

01.30....................... Steve Cato

Barefootin .... A heavy blend of Rare Soul, Funk, Latin, 6Ts RnB Ska & Sounds of Jamaica

9.30........................ Richy Pea

10.......................... Jnr Walker

10.30...................... Sam Waller

11pm ......................Minx

...11.30................... Richy Pea

12.00...................... Sam Waller

12.30...................... Jnr Walker

1am........................ Minx

1.30....................... Richy Pea / Jnr Walker

how far is the venue from Piccadilly? Any shouts on where to have a couple of pints beforehand?

Cannet wait!

Edited by Rayy

From Piccadilly its 15 mins walk or take the metro on the altrincham/ Eccles line, 3 stops to St Peters gardens, walk round the back on the library and onto Jacksons Row..

Any others who need any info then please drop us a line... :thumbsup:

google map link..

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=-33.988934,18.432997&spn=37.299588,75.410156&z=4&layer=c&cbll=-33.988934,18.432997&panoid=dSvU7MWQ5OmDwepoiHbbRA&cbp=12,322.95,,0,-8.81&source=embed&hl=en

I am thinking of coming but on my own as no sitter....met the Minx lads at the weekend at Black Cat , Finsbury Park...so be nice to hear them :-)

Richard told me trouble would be in town... :lol: Just try and behave please, we do have some standards.. :yes:

Can the djs can confirm they have seen the dj times and they are ok..

cheers folks....

Guest RichEvans

Half a days work left until this for me, looking forward to my first visit to Different Strokes.

With that Dj line up I know where in for a treat! Good work Steve, Matty & Richie P.

See you all early doors.

Rich

lCheers Minx

Gonna be busy with set and promotion... Not gonna be on-line much, maybe best give me a call if you need anything...

We got Northern, RnB, rare soul, crossover, ska/reggae, deep funk, rare groove,60s club soul etc etc all covered by our collection of djs... Hope to see you a few of join us later....

We open the soul or nothing room from 8pm and the Barefootin room from 9.30... rooftop terrace for smokers and lurkers, plus side door fire escape..

The sun is shining, get some soul in yer hole... Have a good weekend folks hatsoff2.gif:thumbsup:

Guest Lydia H

Looking forward to seeing you down there - I'll be the one flitting between the two rooms cos I don't want to miss anything!

x